• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinese IP Head

bottleworks

You may be the guinea pig on this one. Good luck to ya!

I'm not. Another member has been running one for close to 3 years. Need some feedback from anyone else with regards to invoicing. I want to make sure I am about to wire the money to the correct person.

Ugggh !, :roll: I'm Shuddering
Let's avoid the wasteful comments please. Those who work on Cummins engines know, a lot of OEM Cummins parts are now labeled "Made in China".

GoHot229

Sounds sort of like a part made by New Star mabe? My experiance with Chineese is that they do great copies, often-times just a scoush less finnished looking ie. crude looking. Their alloys are ALWAYS inferior to ours. I would warn you, advise you rather, that so often because of the softer alloys, it is imperative that you use SAE AMERICAN bolts and not the Chineese bolts, if provided by them. Upon removal of Chineese 6-7 out of 10 bolts showed sighns of galling on the threads. I would also use grey hi-temp silicone if at all possable, without offending and clogging a pasageway or critical area easily clogged by the aforesaid silicone. What I am trying to put in big red letters, is that it is, if it's from China......inferior. FIRST TIME fitting, BECAUSE when you do tighten down and torque to spec, you DO not want to remove it until it fails, no monkeying with it. It's kind of like Japaneese cars of the 60's and 70's with their aluminum heads, realy a one-time affair. Yea some of the motorheds reused them, but you remember they seemed to always be a hassel again and again leaking somewhere. Simply that is my experiance with Chineese stuff, of which I had a store in So. Cal. where we sold Bikes, Quads, scooters, generators, and all kinds of spares, along with repair. It's this repair where it was apparent the lesser quality of their esentially Honda copys. But I hope that the product provides good service for you and hope you will let us see your thoughts and how the replacement and running go. I would like to hope they come drom an American brand like CAT or IH or Ford or? Newstar seems to be the one making the New Deuces now, if I'm not mistaken, in Korea or China
You might get away with hardware store bolts in certain places on the body and frame and such, but an IP Pump is sort of like 'way critical stuff'

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think M-35tom, was looking into buying a stock of the Chinese HH's. You might ask him, if he ever did.

wsucougarx

Ahh Chinese. Home of the mystery metals and mystery woods. For a part like that, I'd advise against getting Chinese made junk. Though it may look good and resemble an American made part, however the mystery metal will show it's ugly head down the road. Their metals are of a mystery formula and tend to be way softer. Just me 2 cents lad :wink:

Last edited:

CGarbee

I have a buddy who has been running a Chinese head for about four years now... Can't tell any difference between the Chinese unit and a US Made one when installing it or running it. Got if from another friend here in NC who was asked to test them.
In fact, I got it just before Bjorn had his trouble on his trip out west and it was the unit that I tried to send to him (and that UPS lost for a month...).
On a technical front, it's been a global market for a long time...Cat has been making buldozers and such in China since the 50's, Cummins has been there almost as long, and high percentage of your computer gear is from that part of the world. As long as the original specs and the QC is there, you're ok.
The whole question of balances of trade and who's job you should be supporting is a debate I'd rather have over a few beers at my local watering hole... :)

AceHigh

Related Product Model​
HD90100 HD90101A HD9065A
Military vehicle M35A2 Engine system
Nozzle:
NSN: 2910-00-860-2336
ADB-135S-126-7
Fuel Injector Valve Assy:
NSN: 2910-00-861-1408
Hydraulic Head:
MFR P/N: HD90100A
Military P/N: 11802721
NSN: 2910-00-828-7176
Fuel injector:
NSN: 4910-01-005-2850
Engine Model:
M35A2 Truck Engine LDT465-1C

Attachments

ETHOS

Hey now, I don't like chinese made stuff either and I try to avoid it, but cut out the racist sh!t. You are not being cute, you are sounding like a scumbag :evil:.

1. I am NOT a racist, if you think so, well you are sadly mistaken

2. I was not trying to be cute

3. My term was not meant to insult anyone because of race! if you took it that way, then you took it wrong... so relax

4. I love the chinese people, i hate the oppressive communist govt, that is why i slam china a bit

bassetdeuce

Relax? OK, to many the term "chink" is like the "n" word, or any other racial slur. You obviously don't know anyone who has been stung by such words. I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks