• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinese IP Head

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ethos, thanks for editing your comment.

I'd like to see this thread stay on track. We will all have to face using parts from LCC's (Low Cost Countries) as the US govt. stops buying parts for these trucks and low sales volumes demands lower manufacturing costs.

This thread is a good step in learning about those items.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. I am NOT a racist, if you think so, well you are sadly mistaken

2. I was not trying to be cute

3. My term was not meant to insult anyone because of race! if you took it that way, then you took it wrong... so relax

4. I love the chinese people, i hate the oppressive communist govt, that is why i slam china a bit
If you honestly felt you did nothing wrong, why edit your original post? Just wondering.....................................

Engine5

WHAT ABOUT THE COST???? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE???? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE. I FEEL LIKE I AM IN A TOWN MEETING WHERE EVERYONE DANCES AROUND THE ANSWER.:soapbox::rant:

bassetdeuce

Someone mentioned beware of chinese bolts, and I have to agree. I bought grade 8s (supposedly) at Lowes and discovered that they were more like grade 5s. The threads would deform quite easily unless I ran a tap through first to clean things up.

Keith_J

I know a few bad examples of VP/VE style pump heads from China. And the nozzles don't last either. The only difference is these have an input shaft which turns at half crank speed. The IP on the LD multifuels turns at crank speed with the reduction happening after the governor/timing control unit.

They are both distributor systems with a single piston for all cylinders. Pre-1998 Dodge Cummins engines used this. Now it might have been a case of using a larger piston head for performance increase.

Nozzle flow patterns are all over the place compared to Bosio aftermarkets. I won't recommend any Chinese Bosch parts based on my experiences.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uncle Sam pays(paid) $1076.00/ HH, from Ambac. I don't know what the Chinese made HH costs.

derby

I am with Engine5, The facts Man The facts. I seem to remember the Chinease head and nozzles were about the cost of an American head, if you can find one. but I could be wrong. I have tried to contact that manufacturer before with no response?

CGarbee

I don't rember the price point on the unit that I had (that is now in a truck accross town), but I remember being told that it was about a third of the US one. I didn't purchase it, so I have no way of checking records on it...

Jakelc15

When the head fails there is no rebuilding it.
I have a China hanJi head on my deuce and have no problems or defects to speak of.
By looking at it there is no difference in the new one to the old.
I paid just under $300 for the head, injector nozzles and shipping.
I didn't install the nozzles. I thought the holes in them were smaller and since I run alot of waste oil I left the old ones in.
A new Ambac head from the states was $4700.00 quoted by a parts procurement company.

ETHOS

When the head fails there is no rebuilding it.
I have a China hanJi head on my deuce and have no problems or defects to speak of.
By looking at it there is no difference in the new one to the old.
I didn't install the nozzles. I thought the holes in them were smaller and since I run alot of waste oil I left the old ones in.
A new Ambac head from the states was $4700.00 quoted by a parts procurement company.
4700.00 holy cow, you get a nice truck for that much

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

WOW :shock:. That's a big difference. That is insanly low for a HH of any kind. I'm no fan of China made stuff but for that kind of price I'd have to try it if I needed one.

bottleworks

Here is a copy of the invoice they sent me.... It the Western Union that makes me uneasy.

(Removed the invoice) to help prevent fraud.

Last edited:

jasonjc

Sounds sort of like a part made by New Star mabe? My experiance with Chineese is that they do great copies, often-times just a scoush less finnished looking ie. crude looking. Their alloys are ALWAYS inferior to ours. I would warn you, advise you rather, that so often because of the softer alloys, it is imperative that you use SAE AMERICAN bolts and not the Chineese bolts, if provided by them. Upon removal of Chineese 6-7 out of 10 bolts showed sighns of galling on the threads. I would also use grey hi-temp silicone if at all possable, without offending and clogging a pasageway or critical area easily clogged by the aforesaid silicone. What I am trying to put in big red letters, is that it is, if it's from China......inferior. FIRST TIME fitting, BECAUSE when you do tighten down and torque to spec, you DO not want to remove it until it fails, no monkeying with it. It's kind of like Japaneese cars of the 60's and 70's with their aluminum heads, realy a one-time affair. Yea some of the motorheds reused them, but you remember they seemed to always be a hassel again and again leaking somewhere. Simply that is my experiance with Chineese stuff, of which I had a store in So. Cal. where we sold Bikes, Quads, scooters, generators, and all kinds of spares, along with repair. It's this repair where it was apparent the lesser quality of their esentially Honda copys. But I hope that the product provides good service for you and hope you will let us see your thoughts and how the replacement and running go. I would like to hope they come drom an American brand like CAT or IH or Ford or? Newstar seems to be the one making the New Deuces now, if I'm not mistaken, in Korea or China
"New Star" is the name H & H Truck Parts uses for there military truck parts line. They are out of Illinois , USA. I do not know if the parts are US or not, but most of the parts suppiler sell them.
KIA is make the deuces for the Korea army.

bottleworks

As a side note:
With a new head replacement comes replacement o-rings...I didn't keep a backup set when I replaced them last time, so I had to buy 10 sets. I am going to keep an extra set this time. So now I have 8 o-ring sets for sale. $5 shipped per set.