• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinese IP Head

bottleworks

I missed what the nozzles are for! Are they for the HH?

To rebuild the injectors. I don't plan on doing it now, but I figured I would buy them now to keep them on hand. The Chinese supplier also sells complete, new injectors.

If it would stop raining, I would fix the truck. I hate rain!

Keith_J

I would hope the lower injection pressure of the LDS engines would be less critical for the pump head. As long as it doesn't leak down too fast, it should work as long as you only use diesel.

The nozzles? I have not heard anything good of the Chinese copies. Some are Bosh licensed but that is all iffy with these. I would like to see the tips under good magnification before passing judgment.

Also, replacing the nozzles isn't something to be taken lightly. If the opening pressure is too low or off balance, timing is uneven. And worse, if the injector leaks, pistons can be burned. Most Bosch service shops can test them.

bottleworks

Also, replacing the nozzles isn't something to be taken lightly. If the opening pressure is too low or off balance, timing is uneven. And worse, if the injector leaks, pistons can be burned. Most Bosch service shops can test them.

I am by no means an expert, however, this does fit into the window of what I do for a living... ;-)

GoHot229

Someone mentioned beware of chinese bolts, and I have to agree. I bought grade 8s (supposedly) at Lowes and discovered that they were more like grade 5s. The threads would deform quite easily unless I ran a tap through first to clean things up.
That would have been me. As I said, we had a Bike shop in Redlands California and along with selling, did service of course. The bolts that were used on the frame and externals were pretty much junk and only good for 1-2 removals before the threads began deforming and actually rolling into galls and buggered to the point you either had to tap&die them or as we did replaced them with American metric bolts. As for the motors, it was hit and miss, they were much better than the frame and bodywork pieces, but still way down on the quality scale. Again, oftentimes it was required that we replace them with domestic nuts and bolts. All's I'm saying is to be VERY cautious and try to use the bolts once, without assembeling, dis-assembling it any more than absolutly nessesary and you should be fine, but DO examine them otherwise after every dis-assembly. It's so well worth using domestic while its apart and bypass all the einferior stuf. I certainly hope you get good service out of the New IP Head, along with the rest of us. And let us know over time how its holding up, we may need to follow your lead sometime.

bassetdeuce

That would have been me. As I said, we had a Bike shop in Redlands California and along with selling, did service of course. The bolts that were used on the frame and externals were pretty much junk and only good for 1-2 removals before the threads began deforming and actually rolling into galls and buggered to the point you either had to tap&die them or as we did replaced them with American metric bolts. As for the motors, it was hit and miss, they were much better than the frame and bodywork pieces, but still way down on the quality scale. Again, oftentimes it was required that we replace them with domestic nuts and bolts. All's I'm saying is to be VERY cautious and try to use the bolts once, without assembeling, dis-assembling it any more than absolutly nessesary and you should be fine, but DO examine them otherwise after every dis-assembly. It's so well worth using domestic while its apart and bypass all the einferior stuf. I certainly hope you get good service out of the New IP Head, along with the rest of us. And let us know over time how its holding up, we may need to follow your lead sometime.
I wish domestic fasteners were readily available at every hardware store. I would gladly pay double for this. Im the simple (stupid?) type of guy that goes into the store with the old bolt, looking for a matching replacement. :roll:

Westex

I hate to admit it, but I can't find New Star, or newstar, or any variation under my search inquiries on the internet. ???

Jakelc15

You have to email china hanji.

S and S truck don't sell directly to the public. OD Iron sells most all the military related stuff from them though.

jatonka

Adirondack Dodge Parts, 315 896 2572 , also has all S&S parts at competetive prices, open 7 days, ships very fast. Has anyone actually installed and is using one of the Chinese Hydraulic Heads? I need some, but I need to know they work. JT out

scooter01922

Hey JT......uh, your in the right thread. Might want to head back to page 1 though as this thread is discussing the very question you are asking.....

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I emailed today asking for a price, and here was the response. If the shipping is not a killer I think I will give it a try.

Dear Mr.Matthew,
Good day!
Kindly regards from Jane Huang,Chinahanji parts plant.
Glad to get your inquiry. We are sincerely wishes to build the business relationship with you.
Our prices for HD90100A is USD175.00/pc.
Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Your Sincerely,
Jane Huang

Last edited:

scooter01922

Hmm, not bad at all, wonder if we got together a group buy how many we would need to buy to get a price break. I would be in for a spare if we could get em for 150 or something, offest the shipping cost for each guy a bit. You never know unless you ask i guess.

Reactions: 73X

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I just Installed my HH from china hanji. I have fuel to the injectors but it wont even attemt to fire. I'm about to blow the truck up, but with my luck it will only destroy the house not the truck. Anybody have an extra spare IP they would'nt mind selling?
:rant:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I just Installed my HH from china hanji. I have fuel to the injectors but it wont even attemt to fire. I'm about to blow the truck up, but with my luck it will only destroy the house not the truck. Anybody have an extra spare IP they would'nt mind selling?
:rant:
That sucks. . .

Any smoke at all from the stack?

Csm Davis

I don't mean you have to take the whole truck to the shop but you should send the I.P. to a good pumpshop to be reworked there are many out there that should be able to redo your pump for a resonable price and give you a better product than some new untested ones, a good shop will match flow your injectors and can safely turn up your pump the right way!