• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinese IP Head

jatonka

I agree with "Buy American" rule everywhere that it can apply. Injector pump heads for The American Bosch PSB6 pumps on multifuels are no longer made in the USA. I guess those who bought the import heads knew this and hoped for the best possible outcome. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, JT out

bottleworks

Are you qualified to make that statement? Do you have the Chinese IP head for the AMBOC pump?

I have been away from this site for months and I don't have much time to make a full report. I will say this... I did get the Chinese IP pump head and installed it. At the same time, I ordered replacement nozzles. The nozzles they sent were incorrect. I gave them the P/N that they had listed on their web site and assumed that they knew what they were talking about. Turns out they don't. So, I got the number off my nozzles and asked if they sold those nozzles. BTW, the correct nozzles for LDS and LDTs is ADB-35S-124-7. They said that they do sell ADB-35S-124-7. So, with the past discrepancy in the past, I ordered two sets of ADB-35S-124-7. Well, China thinks ADB-35S-124-7 is the same as ADB-135S-126-7. They are not!! I am trying to work this out with them right now.

End result: Don't buy their nozzles until this is settled. Otherwise, you will have wasted your time and money. As for the IP Head, I can't say just yet. I need some good injectors before I can comment on it.

My reply: Why now?
I haven't needed the truck for the last several months, so it got put on the back burned and that burner eventually got turn off. Now I need the truck again.

Jakelc15

I also received the 126-7 nozzles. They don't look like the holes are as big. I never did install them. Let me know how it turns out.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Bottleworks, where do you stand on this? I am definitely interested in the outcome of this.

Also, csmdavis, did you have any luck with your local shop?

bottleworks

Bottleworks, where do you stand on this? I am definitely interested in the outcome of this.
They can provide the proper parts. After talking with them, they were very sorry and sent 12 of the correct nozzles. The head is installed, but I haven't had the time to pull the injectors yet. I will report back once I get a chance to.

JasonS

Has anyone thought about using the Roosamaster IP from the White tractor? Supposedly much easier and cheaper to rebuild.

Westex

Reviving this thread a bit here, I WAS between a rock and a hard place and after doing a little research, concluded that the Chinese hydraulic head was the way to go for my purposes. Bought it off of ebay and it actually shipped from mainland China to Texas inside of 4 days. So far I'm impressed with their service, and the jury is out on how well it all goes together at a fuel injection service shop where the truck is located.

The hydraulic head is a chinahanji unit, manufactured in China. I bought it because I had a not so great experience last year with the purchase of a new old stock pull off. From what I've learned, when a pump sits up, that ain't good. Further, the hydraulic head itself is not rebuildable, as the fittings (tolerances if you will) are metal to metal. As far as I know, the chinese are the only ones actually producing these hydraulic heads, and they have gotten better at it, as they are targeting the asian market and elsewhere because our trucks are still prolific and in use overseas in varying capacities.

My hardtop, which is located here at my house, had it's injectors pop tested and turned up, so to speak, within the upper end of spec. The pump was turned up, and these 2 modifications, in turn, made a WORLD of a difference in the power level. I also get about 11 miles per gallon, 12 on a cool day, on the highway, and I have yet to add the lockout hubs. I will report back as to how this Chinese hydraulic head works out on the other truck.

Westex

As promised, the report. Chinese hydraulic head installed by Diesel Injection in San Antonio, TX. Drove it all the way to Sanderson, TX. 250 miles or such. The weather was way HOT. Anyway, the head went in on the pump perfectly, and so far, I can recommend the Chinese job all the way. The people at Diesel Injection were impressed with the mechanism, and it works. For all you Texas members, Diesel injection does a way good job. Expensive, but they are accurate. For what it's worth.

bgekky3

Does anyone know what size O rings are used in the HH. I need to replace mine and I would like to get the parts here before I start the job. I would like to prevent a day of driving around to every NAPA looking for the right part.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As promised, the report. Chinese hydraulic head installed by Diesel Injection in San Antonio, TX. Drove it all the way to Sanderson, TX. 250 miles or such. The weather was way HOT. Anyway, the head went in on the pump perfectly, and so far, I can recommend the Chinese job all the way. The people at Diesel Injection were impressed with the mechanism, and it works. For all you Texas members, Diesel injection does a way good job. Expensive, but they are accurate. For what it's worth.
Thanks for coming back to the thread to keep us all updated. I hate seeing threads where there is never any resolution.

Did they just swap your hydraulic heads or did they rebuild the entire pump?

Can they rebuild entire pumps? $$$?

Westex

Thanks for coming back to the thread to keep us all updated. I hate seeing threads where there is never any resolution.

Did they just swap your hydraulic heads or did they rebuild the entire pump?

Can they rebuild entire pumps? $$$?
They replaced the hydraulic head onto my existing pump. The hydraulic head, from what I understand, is not rebuildable itself, as the tolerances and "fit" of the parts are metal to metal. The pump body did need rebuilding with some springs on the governor, etc. The total cost of this job was $1,800.00, not including the cost of the hydraulic head off ebay. To recap and be clear, for $1,800.00, my entire pump was removed, rebuilt, new hydraulic head installed, the injectors were removed and pop tested and adjusted in the upper delivery band of spec; everything put back on and tested and adjusted. I flew into San Antonio and just drove off. Expensive, yes. But where I live I can't afford to break down and start hiking along this border.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks