• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cry Baby Neighbors

pgwaldner

Sounds like it is time to ride around town with a tape measure and camera, especially by city counsel members and and city employees (notably the inspectors). I bet at least a few have crew cab trucks, etc that are longer than 18'!

K9Vic

All crew cab long bed pickups are over 20' from Ford, GM and Dodge. I do not think they thought that ordnance trough very well as this is Texas and crew cab pickups are everywhere. I am sure that in Port Arthur, TX there are more then one Ford F350 Super Duty crew cab, probably at least one Dodge mega cab, but doubt anyone would by a Chevy (sarcastic comment).

I would like to know how this case comes out as someone on the jury probably drives a big pickup, or knows someone that does. You need to take the time to find out what all the counsel member drive. If any of them drive a pickup over 18" then use that in court. I am sure those fools never though about their own monster trucks.

Darwin T

hi K9Vic i have already been there for my truck. i go next week as a juror to hear the city persecuter state his case against other people (i quess people fighting traffic tickets, ect.) in front of the judge. :twisted: "beyond a reasonable doubt". i would bet a dollar that they let me go home early, if they remember that they lied to me and then fined me for doing what they said.
i got the city persecuter give me a copy of the ordinance and when i find it i will post it here, word for word.

Port Arthur is like the big round thing under a 12 seat latrine. a very big S..T Hole.

promodhotrod

One thing for certain after reading all the "Ill be as big a problem as I can by gosh" comments on this thread is that if this mentality pervades our MV hobby is not long for the world. If all we pay attention too is the law, and not basic consideration for other people, then the law will eliminate our hobby. Rightly so, if we cannot show some consideration on our own accord. Put mufflers on them, and put them in a garage and we just might get to keep them, don't and we will loose them to legislation. Remember your property is someone elses view. Your noise is someone elses loss of peace. Your smoke is someone downwinds air. All that is required to end up living in a police state is to not show any responsibility for the liberty you have been granted.
Fire away.
KJ

Hey I am in the country with eight acres, Heavily wooded, not even visible from the road. I still get harassed. I have to keep plates on everything parked at my house and I have to prove it to them upon demand. I have been getting **** for over 20 years.. They think if you own vehicles and enjoy them your an eyesore to your busy body child molesting wife beating busy body neighbor who plays with himself and has to control your property and life even if he does not own it. You will always have one *******, that's when your buy commercial property out in the woods and get it zoned for the highest possible uses.

You will always have one crybaby who thinks your property is affecting his property value and will complain and complain. Until your stuff a dead deer head in his mail box with a note in its mouth , YOUR NEXT. But some jerks will only be scared for a year and start up again.

Zoning is another way towns take away our freedoms and leave us with nothing but a taxable bedroom.

As far as I am concerned I pay $3900 in school tax so his inbred kids can learn how to be good welfare babies, and I pay $790 in township tax so his stupid family can play in a play ground the township owns. So he should shut up and leave me alone.

Yes I have the same problem, and can you guess I have a little hostility.

:twisted:

A

A/C Cages

Could you imagine them telling me I have to put all my toys in my garage?
My boat alone is 32'
what about all my race cars? Mud trucks? all together I have over 30 vehicles in or around my shops or houses.
No wonder I dont live in a HOA or city limits.

goldwing2000

Banned
Wait 'til my FA M2HB starts barking....
Mmmm... love the sound of Mother barking!

I have 10 acres out in the country abd anything I've heard from my neighbors about noise has been positive (man... you must spend a fortune on ammo!).

Now that I'm bringing the Warbeast (with whistler turbo) home at 1am, we'll see if that situation changes or not...

Flyingvan911

There is a balance that needs to exist between people respecting their neighbors and the neighbors/city knowing that just because they don't prefer something, it's not always right to cry about it.

I keep my deuce at a RV storage lot but do occasionally drive it to the house. I keep the noise/rpm down and plan to install a muffler this summer. No one has complained so far.

If a neighbor feels that my deuce being parked by the house for one hour will destroy their property value forever, they need to suck it up and get a clue. If I kept it parked there for days at a time, they would have a right to complain.

I think cities should be more honest about the reasons for certain codes. No vehicles over 18 feet? Get real. It's a code that is meant to be enforced selectively. A code that says no military vehicles over a certain size/ weight is atleast honest. Some people wouldn't want to buy a house in a neighborhood with a huge army truck parked on the street. On the other hand, no one complains about a big, loud, smelly garbage truck driving down the street once a week.

Flyingvan911

Give them time, they will tell you like my zoning officer that one vehicle per person as far as he is concerned is enough !
:cry:
"As far as he is concerned." That sounds like one man's opinion. What about a guy with a collection of classic cars? Just because a person has an opinion, it doesn't mean it should be law/city ordinance. Again, a balance.

A

A/C Cages

My neighbors love me and my toys, in fact most them play with them. Some of them even have their own deuces or other MV toys.

I was told we are " Youza all richie redneks "
By the way, that came from our now ExGovernor at a charity event my company held for Habitat for Humanity at my house. Makes you thank God he dindt run for President like his dad and brother did huh?

Your lucky, The guy next to me only likes himself. He likes a green manicured lawn, showing off to his friends by playing golf on his lawn !

They just passed an ordinance in my town banning outdoor wood burners and parking campers and trailers without a yearly permit.

:cry:

Darwin T

hi promodhotrod,
what branch of the military did you serve in to protect the freedoms of the United States of American. i am a Desert Storm Veterian of the Texas Army National Guard. This country was formed because we were being taxed and not represented.

hi overlordofmars,
treat him like poison ive, don't scratch him and he will go away.

Here is the reg:

8-105 Parking Limited to cars, pickup and van.
In residential districts no truck, dump truck, wrecker, tractor or trailer, buses or panel trucks (except pickup trucks, family-type passenger vans and similar vehicles) are allowed to be parked overnight in any open parking space, garage, carport or similar parking facility. Trucks, dump trucks, wreckers, tractors or trailers, boats over 18"long, buses or panel trucks (except pickup trucks, family-type passenger vans and similar vehicles), travel trailers or campers, and anyvehicle, regardless of type, over 18 feet long are expressly prohibited from overnight parking within the area designated as the front yard in any reisdential district.

tnttnt187

Hey , after being on the receiving end of a mailed letter about vehicles your (my) reaction was what a worm of a person. I have vehicles for the family plumbing business and my M1009. Got the letter after 3 months of the MV being there. 12 years of plumbing trucks no letters. I live in both MD. and WV. Moved the truck to WV. When I was looking at houses I would ask realtors about any rules or associations.I DON'T want to live where there are associations.My motto in life is live and let live.What I have found is where you live is the difference.City people in general think how I live is how you should live. Country people don't give a #$@* about what your doing as long as you don't hurt them or there kids. I will always think law makers make laws for the exception not the rule. MV owners are the exception. Not everyone will look at our MV's the same as we do, know the laws where you live. There is power with that knowledge so you can tell that nosey #@$*$#@* neighbor there is nothing they can do!:driver:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey , after being on the receiving end of a mailed letter about vehicles your (my) reaction was what a worm of a person. I have vehicles for the family plumbing business and my M1009. Got the letter after 3 months of the MV being there. 12 years of plumbing trucks no letters. I live in both MD. and WV. Moved the truck to WV. When I was looking at houses I would ask realtors about any rules or associations.I DON'T want to live where there are associations.My motto in life is live and let live.What I have found is where you live is the difference.City people in general think how I live is how you should live. Country people don't give a #$@* about what your doing as long as you don't hurt them or there kids. I will always think law makers make laws for the exception not the rule. MV owners are the exception. Not everyone will look at our MV's the same as we do, know the laws where you live. There is power with that knowledge so you can tell that nosey #@$*$#@* neighbor there is nothing they can do!:driver:

Well stated.

I'd like to capsulize that....

You joined the game - Now play by the RULES.
If you don't like the RULES, go start play somewhere else.
OR GET INVOLVED and get the RULES CHANGED.

Darwin T

we don't have an ASSociation. just a neighborhood watch. i have 18.5 acres in the country and that is were my trucks live now. just bought a M1031 that i can part in my own driveway. when the city changes to rules just to bone you, there is not much you can do. another example of Port Arthur, TX at work. one man was raising chickens in his yard and was not breaking any city rules. the city tried several times to get him to get rid of them and could not, because he was within his rights. so the city found out how much land he had and how far his pens were from his neighbors house. then they changed the rules. now you have to have 7,800 square feet of land and be 150 feet from your nearest nieghbors house. both amounts were just over what he had. i had 4 laying hens for eggs and shared the extras with my neighbors and we had no problems. then when the city put in a new sewer line behind my place the city workers turned me in. when the city goobermint guy came over the first question he asked was were are your roosters? i told duffas i only had hens because roosters don't lay eggs. how i can't have chickens or deuces at my place, but i can have gang signs painted on my fence monthly. but i guess they have not told the gangs that in against the ordinance yet. :soapbox:

if you had seen the destruction from hurricanes Rita and Ike in my area you would think people would be glad to have someone who could help. my first two deuces were named after hurricane Ike and tropical storm Allison. hurricane Ike is why i got into deuces.

These small town leaders get this we will dictate attitude. They live only to regulate and control you because in their eyes you are a nuisance to some busy body jerk.

Monica

Last person in my family that had HOA issues, got herself elected to the HOA board, and fixed them.

City councils are generally too lazy to go out and LOOK for stuff to prohibit, but if all they're hearing is someone bitching, and no-one defending, they'll pass the ordinances to get the cry baby to shut up and leave them alone.

Think of going to City Council meetings on the same line as voting. If you don't, you can't complain when they pass stupid ordinances. You have to be as proactive as the cry babies. For some, that's going to be more work than others, depending on the personal level of cry babies in the area. Heck, run for city council, and watch their sphincter's clench.

jollyroger

I would like to say the rules are impartial and the rule makers do so with a fair hand. And I think there are SOME good rules and laws made for the right reasons.

However my experience tells me different.

Our farm has gone from Territory to State to County and now City jurisdiction.......And things have gotten worse for us through every step in enhanced regulation.

Right now the City wants a stub of a road built on a part of the farm. Frankly it serves no purpose for us at this time. And honestly serves no purpose for the City or it's citizens at this time. But they want it.

We sold our creek property a year and a half ago because there was too much trespassing and too much maintenance and enhanced regulations about the drainage caused by development (Sewer Plants) runoff. The creek bed has down cut about 10 feet in my lifetime and about 6-8 feet in the last 25 years. Mid eighties is when the development took off around here.

Since we sold the creek we had to put up a new boundary fence between the creek and the hay fields because the old fence was not on the new property line. The municipal organization was supposed to build the fence through the sale. Since we have livestock they knew an agricultural type fence, 4 wire barbed wire and t-post fence needed to be installed. Then they decided they were going to put up a 3 rail split rail fence because it looked nice. And they wanted a 20 foot fence maintenace easement from us. Weve been down the easement road before so we said no.

So to protect our livestock from the General Public on our side and the GP and their dogs from getting trampled by our livestock on their side we put up $40,000 worth of fence.

The local municipal organizations did not like us being able to solve a problem by ourselves without asking the zoning and enforcement gods so........ they have thrown every obsucre regulation and permitting issue they can at us about the fence.

The City ordinances clearly allow for the fence type, specifications and purpose for the fence WITHOUT the neccesity for a permit BECAUSE it is an agricultural fence.

In our last meeting with them they offered to make the fence issue go away in exchange for building this stupid stub road. Of course originally they wanted us to pay for the stub road and now they are offering to pay to build it......mostly. Ta Da! The smoking gun finally appeared. They created a faulty dilema over the fence to have a chip they could "exchange" to get the "valuable" thing they want. Selective enforcement at it's highest. And also a violation of our civil rights.......But this happens everyday in America.

At the same time they started this fence issue they started to grumble about all the cars, farm equipment and........Military stuff we have. So if I want to keep the "equipment" we have to have world war III over the fence. Otherwise the next step is some diluted ability to have agricultural fencing with all kinds of oversight and permits and threaten to take away my cars, trucks, farm equipment and MV's in exchange for this stupid stub road that will be blocked off with baracades and does not go anywhere.

Cammobus

I just got a "Letter of Love" from the County yesterday

.... I have until May 5th to remove or tag my untagged Jeeps

the old guy up the street w/chickens was told, be could no longer have them, he said I am grand fathered, the county persecuter / inspector said, "NOPE" ..... when the housing development was put in behind you 8 yrs ago, this entire area was re zoned from farm land to residential you can no longer keep barnyard animals ...

:evil:

my 6 yr old loves going up and feeding the chickens, and collecting the eggs ....

the old man has been living on this street since it was a dirt road in the 1950's

**** 'crats

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks