• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cry Baby Neighbors

Darwin T

i have lived in my house for over 23 years. i bought it when i was 22 year old. more that half of my life has been in this house. soon as i can afford to build a house on my 18.5 acres i am out of here.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last person in my family that had HOA issues, got herself elected to the HOA board, and fixed them.

City councils are generally too lazy to go out and LOOK for stuff to prohibit, but if all they're hearing is someone bitching, and no-one defending, they'll pass the ordinances to get the cry baby to shut up and leave them alone.

Think of going to City Council meetings on the same line as voting. If you don't, you can't complain when they pass stupid ordinances. You have to be as proactive as the cry babies. For some, that's going to be more work than others, depending on the personal level of cry babies in the area. Heck, run for city council, and watch their sphincter's clench.

OK TROOPS....

Instead of being cry-babies yourselves, RE-READ the YELLOW highlighted paragraph above.

BE A LEADER - not a pee-on private and... :grd:

I'm not on the City Council, but I review their agenca before EVERY Meeting. I MAKE my schedule fit theirs if there is an item on the agenda that is of interest or CONCERN to me. Yes, this has gotten me on an Appointed City Board. But through it, the Council Members now know me well and The Council also knows my interests and my willingness to DEFEND those interests.

(The Development Board "manages" the 1/2 cent City Sales Tax that is supposed to help build our economy. I didn't agree with the tax, but since it was approved, I at least can influence how OUR money is spent/invested.... About $23 MILLION is at stake.)

Again... :grd:

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd take that letter out in the front yard during a time when many people are about, put it at the end of a pair of pliers, and burn it. When asked, tell them exactly that is was a poison pen letter from someone cowardly and unimportant.

1983M35A2

if it wasnt so far away i would get a bunch of the boys with there dueces an come up there for a :beer:cook out in your back yard an see how the neighbors like them apples.

goodfellaelvin

Hello SS members. In adding my 2cents find out your town or city ordinance about vehicles on property. My town states you can only have one vehicle, not registered, on your property even if you still pay taxes on that vehicle. There is no rule about grass, gravel, tar, or cement needing to be under the vehicle. You can park a car that is registered on your property and still be able to put one unregistered vehicle in your yard. Everywhere is different, but do your homework first before you bring something onto your property and before you get fined or into trouble with some loud mouth jerk. Good luck buddy.

goodfellaelvin

since i have 2 vehicles not on the road i had to rent a space at a storage unit. I got a 2 car space on the back grass of the storage property. One on my property and one at the storage. Now i just bought a deuce. I got such a good deal i got 2 for the price of one. A Gmc M211 and a Gmc M135. Now i have to squeeze a deuce and a car on my storage space lot and put the second deuce in my back yard and i need to hide the second car under a tarp in the driveway or right next to the truck in the back. I hate city laws but i can only hide my stuff so at least the neighbors won't complain since there is tons of jerks out there. i have to just take it one day at a time.

Last edited:

bigmech

zoning

I'm sure you have been told this but the local zoning office probably has a zoning book with all the rules for around $14. That seems to be the standard price in the few offices and the you will be forarmed and might even be able to put up a number and verse on your fence the sith can read.

ryan77

I just had my goof neighbor call the cops on me because my dog walked in their yard, first time ive ever had the cops called on me except like a high school party, The kicker is this guy takes his dog every day to the forest preserve path behind us and his dog does its buisness and he never picks it up. So now i have to build a fence to appease this jerk. Hes a retired navy guy who is the most arrogant s.o.b ive ever met. He yells at my wife about stuff when ever im not around he knows i will just end up knocking him out but what can u do rest of the neighbors are cool theres always one goof........rofl

ptg530C

If this harrasement continues, start sueing. you dont need an attorney, go down and file a civil suit. since you get thrown in jail when you bust a face, sue.

M135CDN

Fences

Perhaps a fence might be as effective at keeping your neighbour out of sight as it would be keeping your dog off his property. Sounds like a win, win situation.

Armorsolutions

My HOA tried to tow my Duece from a common parking area on the third day of a snowstorm, because I hadn't moved it within 48 hours of a snow storm (not posted, not tagged) for snow removal. The tow driver figured he couldn't tow it with his truck, SO HE GOT IN MY TRUCK AND STARTED IT WITH THE INTENT OF DRIVING IT AWAY. No it wasn't chained. My son came into the house and told my wife (I was at work) someone was stealing the deuce. My wife confronted them and the driver told her if she could move it in a few hours he would leave it.
When my wife called and told me what happened, I was furious. I called the HOA management company and lit them up, I called the tow company and lit them up. I got nowhere with either, so I called the local PD and they informed me I could press charges on the tow driver for criminal mischief and trespass.

The story changed after that call. The HOA management company called apologized and posted signs in the common parking area, after they heard I intended to be elected HOA president and fire their a$$es. The tow company politely asked if I would not press charges against their driver and that if there was any damage to my truck they would cover it.

Neighbors don't seem to mind the truck. All the neighbor kids ride in back around the neighborhood in the summer and will probably be the neighborhood float vehicle in upcoming parades.
Its chained and in my driveway at the house all the time now. Local cop told the tow driver he was very lucky that the owner of that truck wasn't home when he got in and started it. (the local PD all know me, You might say I am their NFA "Dealer" of choice.[thumbzup]

Taurus454

I always wonder why few people understand the concept that private property is not private when the so-called "owner" needs government permission or HOA prmission to do something.

I have my M109A3 parked in my driveway unregistered. Still waiting on GL to send me my Certificate of Title so I can register her.

I expect a battle brewing my way. It is not against the law for me to park my MV in the driveway, however, as I recall there is some HOA covenant prohibiting it. We have some real stuck up metrosexuals that would rather be wasting all their time and money on their lawn than doing something constructive. I'm sure they see my MV as an eye sore but I see at it as a thing of beauty.

I am debating whether to fight it or park it at APG, MD for $20 per month. I really like seeing it everyday in the driveway. One of my pride and joys and it will break my heart to leave it at APG.

Tom

srodocker

Me and the girlfriend are thinking about getting a HUD house at the end of the summer if everything pans out. And the only thing I told the soon to be fiance is that I have to be able to park the deuce and trailers there....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks