• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cry Baby Neighbors

littlebob

I get to meet all my new neighbors when the hurricanes come through, the older ones gave up.
Get to know your neighbors and someone will rat out the culprit. I wouldn't do anything more than they did, just find something they are doing and report it to the proper authorities. I'm lucky that
I have a good neighborhood guy that walks the neighborhood a couple of times a day and keeps the peace, by giving the positive side of the things that I and others bring to the neighborhood.

chaplaintoo

In my county, all on road vehicles are supposed to be registered and displaying a tag. Once the code enforcement people start investigating a complaint, they don't back off until you comply. It can be tough. :roll:

kastein

I can't say this enough - if you are looking to buy property, make sure it is not covered by a HOA / covenants. Asking your realtor or the seller's realtor may not be accurate, it wasn't in my case. Fortunately I had learned how to look through the property / deed database for Massachusetts and learned enough about real estate law to interpret some of the info on the deeds, I found out myself that several of the properties I was considering buying were in HOAs. Those went right off the list! The realtors hadn't even been aware that the property was covered till I brought it up and showed them the covenants.

If anyone wants help researching property title in massachusetts with regards to HOA membership I can give you a hand, I am NOT a lawyer though. If I find something it is definitely there and it will save you the money you would spend on a lawyer to tell you the same thing but if I don't find anything there's still a chance it is there! It's probably similar in other states too I'm just not sure what websites they store their deeds on. Massachusetts is www.masslandrecords.com for reference.

I also used the site to find out who was responsible for maintenance and care of the utility lines and shared driveway, and whose property the parking spaces in the driveway lay on. Unfortunately this meant I don't use the driveway anymore but hey, that's what the dirt road behind my property is for... it fits my vehicles better anyways :)

usmctopgun

1) purchase a surplus 2 stroke detroit diesel generator for your home. (2) make sure it's a na/supercharged only model (no turbo to reduce noice) (3) remove muffler and let it bark. Hopefully the pesky neighbor will have a for sale sign in their yard in the next few days...

You could also run a heavy grade of used motor oil through it to ensure a nice haze of smoke lingers in your neighborhood.

Andy

lol

usmctopgun

My HOA tried to tow my Duece from a common parking area on the third day of a snowstorm, because I hadn't moved it within 48 hours of a snow storm (not posted, not tagged) for snow removal. The tow driver figured he couldn't tow it with his truck, SO HE GOT IN MY TRUCK AND STARTED IT WITH THE INTENT OF DRIVING IT AWAY. No it wasn't chained. My son came into the house and told my wife (I was at work) someone was stealing the deuce. My wife confronted them and the driver told her if she could move it in a few hours he would leave it.
When my wife called and told me what happened, I was furious. I called the HOA management company and lit them up, I called the tow company and lit them up. I got nowhere with either, so I called the local PD and they informed me I could press charges on the tow driver for criminal mischief and trespass.

The story changed after that call. The HOA management company called apologized and posted signs in the common parking area, after they heard I intended to be elected HOA president and fire their a$$es. The tow company politely asked if I would not press charges against their driver and that if there was any damage to my truck they would cover it.

Neighbors don't seem to mind the truck. All the neighbor kids ride in back around the neighborhood in the summer and will probably be the neighborhood float vehicle in upcoming parades.
Its chained and in my driveway at the house all the time now. Local cop told the tow driver he was very lucky that the owner of that truck wasn't home when he got in and started it. (the local PD all know me, You might say I am their NFA "Dealer" of choice.[thumbzup]

Very nice, yeah I don't recommend trying to steal/move w/o permission the local SOTs truck :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks