• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Build... Here We Go Again...

devilman96

Hmm... wonder where he gets that idea from?? Oh wait, I suggested it 2 years ago!!! Thats about the same time I sent the FIRST shipping label for that drive shaft isnt it? Yes you were right... now go find a UPS truck! [thumbzup]

Pics are today, just back form the tint shop... Ive done a lot of work inside but I cant roll down the rear window to take any pics of it for 3 days... (ha ha)

Tint is 5% in the rear, 15% in the front, 50% on the windshield... No... I dont care what is or is not legal... I will pay the "window tint tax" just as I pay the "seat belt tax" so I can EXERCISE MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOM OF CHOICE! ..l..

Tires are balanced now (wow) and alignment is done... Did the Firestone "lifetime" deal for $200... Ill get my money back out of that pretty quick.
Computer system is now officially "on line" and 100%...
Compressor / air system is now online.
Stereo system is still at least $1000 away from being done (be a WHILE yet)
Added a 4 way strobe system...
Added a PA system, tied in the horn bump feature to work in conjunction with the deuce air horn... OMFG... "ear piercing" does not describe curl that thing puts into your spine when you hit it!
Jack mounted, axe mounted, hammer from **** mounted...

Lots of other stuff I cant show right now...

The headliner idea I have for the back... Its gonna be worth its weight in gold!

Next im taking it to the local buff and shine for the ultimate treatment before the rally... and mud... That should be worth a few pics while it sits in like with the RR, Bentley, Jag and Audi's.

Like Kenny said a re-gear is in order... Don't know if the 3.42's are the answer or if I should try to get the drive shaft hostage taker to also release the 3.73's... But yeah the EGT and engine temp only climb with the speed over 90 MPH right now. Thus far Ive been over 110mph with it and there is no sign of running out of petal and if temp wasn't an issue I would bet +160mph wouldn't be a problem.

The fuel tank sending unit is probably the only part i didn't change on the whole truck... and guess what quit working the other day! Murphy loves me... In a very uncle Chester type way too! I think after the rally I will be dropping the 25 gallon and putting in the 31 gallon while I am having to go though that whole annoyance process.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes a sick puppy to crest the 100 MPH mark in an old Army truck. I think I have a set of 2.73 gears too. According to the gear calc you can get to 156MPH @ 3250 RPM or a more comfortable 2502 RPM @ 120 MPH.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you need some paint on the fuel can................LOL

Grat looking truck. I have been following it from the start. [thumbzup]

1986Blazerk5

Hmm... wonder where he gets that idea from?? Oh wait, I suggested it 2 years ago!!! Thats about the same time I sent the FIRST shipping label for that drive shaft isnt it? Yes you were right... now go find a UPS truck! [thumbzup]

Pics are today, just back form the tint shop... Ive done a lot of work inside but I cant roll down the rear window to take any pics of it for 3 days... (ha ha)

Tint is 5% in the rear, 15% in the front, 50% on the windshield... No... I dont care what is or is not legal... I will pay the "window tint tax" just as I pay the "seat belt tax" so I can EXERCISE MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOM OF CHOICE! ..l..

Tires are balanced now (wow) and alignment is done... Did the Firestone "lifetime" deal for $200... Ill get my money back out of that pretty quick.
Computer system is now officially "on line" and 100%...
Compressor / air system is now online.
Stereo system is still at least $1000 away from being done (be a WHILE yet)
Added a 4 way strobe system...
Added a PA system, tied in the horn bump feature to work in conjunction with the deuce air horn... OMFG... "ear piercing" does not describe curl that thing puts into your spine when you hit it!
Jack mounted, axe mounted, hammer from **** mounted...

Lots of other stuff I cant show right now...

The headliner idea I have for the back... Its gonna be worth its weight in gold!

Next im taking it to the local buff and shine for the ultimate treatment before the rally... and mud... That should be worth a few pics while it sits in like with the RR, Bentley, Jag and Audi's.

Like Kenny said a re-gear is in order... Don't know if the 3.42's are the answer or if I should try to get the drive shaft hostage taker to also release the 3.73's... But yeah the EGT and engine temp only climb with the speed over 90 MPH right now. Thus far Ive been over 110mph with it and there is no sign of running out of petal and if temp wasn't an issue I would bet +160mph wouldn't be a problem.

The fuel tank sending unit is probably the only part i didn't change on the whole truck... and guess what quit working the other day! Murphy loves me... In a very uncle Chester type way too! I think after the rally I will be dropping the 25 gallon and putting in the 31 gallon while I am having to go though that whole annoyance process.
I have 1 problem with this build............................................ITS NOT MY VEHICLE:driver:

i love this build i like the gauges

TCUCV

Man everything looks tastefully done . . . I haven't had a chance yet to read your entire thread but where did you get that snorkle? I love the custom welding protecting it!!! I'm gonna have to steal this idea...

nattieleather

I only see one problem with your build....it looks like somewhere the truck is running windows... Now you know your going to have a problem..

You go to push the brakes and a thing will pop up "Are you sure you want to push the brakes? Yes No.....

:lol:
rofl

:driver:
[thumbzup]

Looks like a great truck I hope it gives you the enjoyment and performance your looking for.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only see one problem with your build....it looks like somewhere the truck is running windows... Now you know your going to have a problem..

You go to push the brakes and a thing will pop up "Are you sure you want to push the brakes? Yes No.....

:lol:
rofl

:driver:
[thumbzup]

Looks like a great truck I hope it gives you the enjoyment and performance your looking for.

He's going to have to hit the start button and follow the prompts to shut it down too, unless windows decides it's time to shut down in which case it will stop instantly.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
what is he going to do when he gets the message "WINDOWS NOT RESPONDING"

mutt1966

What a great build, were did you get the digital gauges? what brand? and under the speedo and tach the are an T and number and tach I think HR and number what are the readings for. Thanks Scott

DUHON

WOW. I am inspired. Besides the years of labor. What to you think you have in it $$ wise? You have done exactly what I have been thinking about doing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks