• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II, South Florida Rebuild

Stonepicker1

Worked on the replacing the brakes this weekend. Had no "meat" left on the pads up front and had a leaking wheel cyl on the rear.
When I picked-up my parts from the auto store they sold me the wrong stuff (1-ton ,4x4, K3500) lol.
Had to go back and get bigger stuff. Come to find out I have the "dually rear end" it takes the big wheel cyl and 3-1/2 shoes.[thumbzup]

Monroe rear brake shoes: Part # BX452R, $80.00
Dorman wheel cyl: Part # W79768, $11.00 ea X2 = $22.00
AKE Pro-ACT ceramic front pads: Part # ACT370, $85.00

Attachments

Stonepicker1

I installed a B&W 1000R Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch today (342.00). Took about 4 hrs counting the trip to HomeDepot to get a 4in hole saw. The dealer at the hitch place wanted $300 just to do the install:cookoo:. Came out pretty good.:)

Now to remove the troop seats and store them away.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always thanks for taking the time to document and photograph and post your progress. Very motivational.

Stonepicker1

Getting the truck ready for the road trip to CA. I'll be pulling a 20ft gooseneck trailer so I had to remove the troop seats in the bed of the truck.
Truck looks plain now that they are out.
I will also be installing a 110 gal transfer tank in the bed.

Hope to pull out of south Florida on Friday, Aug 5th to pick-up the 2000 crew cab CUCV-II in CA.

Attachments

Preacherboy

The post with your pictures of the rear tow shackles don't make much sense to me. Could you post some description of what we are looking at?

I appreciate all your posts. Also, have you found out much about the Heath Diesel ECM upgrade? I've installed his cold air intake and turbo master (my vacuum actuator wasn't functioning). My best mileage on my 1998 Sub was 19 on the interstate with cruise set at 65...around town I'm seeing 16 and would like to see 20+ all the time.

I'm thinking Heath's ECM and 3.73 gears instead of the 4.10's.

Stonepicker1

The post with your pictures of the rear tow shackles don't make much sense to me. Could you post some description of what we are looking at?

I appreciate all your posts. Also, have you found out much about the Heath Diesel ECM upgrade? I've installed his cold air intake and turbo master (my vacuum actuator wasn't functioning). My best mileage on my 1998 Sub was 19 on the interstate with cruise set at 65...around town I'm seeing 16 and would like to see 20+ all the time.

I'm thinking Heath's ECM and 3.73 gears instead of the 4.10's.
I was looking at getting the Heath's ECM also(not cheap) waiting on some cash. I think I'm getting the same mileage as you.:sad:

Another SS member wanted to do the same thing as you and wanted pictures of the shackle mounts....I get more pictures for you...what do you want to see?

Preacherboy

Your pictures are fine, maybe 1 directly under the rear bumper so I can see the entire length of the shakles? I have looked at them and for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm looking at!

Stonepicker1

Your pictures are fine, maybe 1 directly under the rear bumper so I can see the entire length of the shakles? I have looked at them and for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm looking at!
I snapped some pictures of the Right/Rear shackle.

Attachments

Murderouswolf

Awesome ride. Saw one come up a few months ago but I was in the market for a M1009 again so I will have to wait. Thanks for the great photo documentation!

Preacherboy

Thanks, now it is actually making some sense!

I have a reese hitch in the way of my rear bumper, so that is why it at first didn't look familiar. I definately have enough to go off of now.

Stonepicker1

I always had a problem with the passenger side battery not charging. The volt gage was always at the yellow/green mark. I thought it was at the battery terminals. After replacing the blown fuses in the inverter behind the seat, all is good.
Gage is now in the "Green"
Getting 14.03 volts(passenger side) and 14.79(drivers side). At the NATO plug 28.80 volts.
I just started it up so the voltage should drop a little.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

My water pump has a small leak and started making a noise when you first start the truck up. Looks like it was one of those cheapo pumps that they sent me.
Found a good deal on a new AC Delco 251-603 ( GM part number 19168609 ) water pump for $169.99 shipped.

I also picked-up two sets of new fuel injectors. Standyne #37818 ( GM 10233973 ) at about $225 each set shipped. ( One set is for the CUCV-II Crew Cab that I have)

Truck has over 41,000 miles now and is running strong.:)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks