• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucvlover's m1008 the green machine.

CUCVLOVER

I see. I thought the plugs quit getting power once the wait light went out. Shows what I know!
The way I understand it is the plugs stop getting power when the light goes out and you hear the relay shut off.
But if something was to hang up and the power kept flowing the plugs would turn themselves off that's the way I understand it.

Now I don't work for ac delco so it is possible I'm wrong. Albert Einstein didn't make the light bulb on the first try.

tbearatkin

Your GP light goes out when it has determined the GP have been on long enough that the cylinder chamber is hot enough to start. My GP relay does not kick off for about 10-seconds or so later after the vehicle is started. This can be verified by looking at your volt meter. It should go from yellow to green when your GP relay kicks off

BnaditCorps

The way I understand it is the plugs stop getting power when the light goes out and you hear the relay shut off.
But if something was to hang up and the power kept flowing the plugs would turn themselves off that's the way I understand it.
Now I don't work for ac delco so it is possible I'm wrong. Albert Einstein didn't make the light bulb on the first try.
You mean Thomas Edison?

CUCVLOVER

I added some rear facing lights.
I had gotten some led work lights for Christmas and finally had a good use for them. Each light has 5 led bulbs they are just traveler brand from tractor supply I wired them in to a switch so when I turn it on i get the center oval light and the two led sets. They do a good job of lighting behind the truck.i will update with pics of light output when I can.

Attachments

CUCVLOVER

Hey guys it's time for some more post.
I was finally able to add some thump to my stereo in my truck. I got a 300 watt car dual subwoofer with the amplifier and all built in the box. It won't fit behind the seat so it gets to ride there for now until I figure out something else. I can pull it really easy. It's only about 4 wires and 2 are plugs.

Attachments

CUCVLOVER

Right before Christmas my truck finally laid down on me.
The injection pump had took a dump.
So I was finally able to get it going now. I pulled them pump and sent it to diesel performance in Memphis Tennessee and have it rebuilt. They did a great job for a great price. They even painted the pump.
While I had the intake off I painted it is green and the air cleaner box black. I also cleaned the oil cap and CDR valve.
I did have to mount the pump twice since I got the line up pin in a bolt hole the first time.
Now that truck runs great. I have done 80 on the speedo and it was turning about 3300rpm maybe a little more. It will now do a burn out with no issues. The truck has its dangling objects back, and they are the huge hairy elephant type.

CUCVLOVER

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted up so I figured I would.
I have been running the snot out the green machine. The IP is holding up great, diesel care in Memphis did the rebuild btw. They are a great company to do business with.

I have been on a few all day runs lately where I was running 65+ for several hrs and it has been great.

Plans are to take this truck to this year's GA rally so if anyone wants to see the truck holler at me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks