• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce hyd power steering

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's some beautiful work Tom. I have talked to Boyce. They will sell you their kit if you ask nice, but most of them go out on trucks they build.

You are offering great value and I appreciate it.

ALFA2

This is really getting somewhere, great progress on the kit Tom, and by the way, is the Steering box out of an old International 1500-1900 possibly ?

Thanks.

ALFA2

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yes, 1975 to about 1990 S series international part number is cast on the back side of the box, 7830389
get yours yourself and save $$ plus no shipping.

tom

HanksDeuce

Tom,

Would I be able to run 16R20s on HEMTT wheels with your kit? Not sure how much room (if any) the inside of the Michelins would have at full lock on that new steering box now that it's on the outside of the frame. What modifications would be required to allow your steering kit to work with the Black Rock Fab 8" lift kit? Could I build a 4" riser arm and get you to make a 4" longer pitman, or is the geometry more complicated than that? Maybe an 8" riser arm from Steve6x6x6 and your kit unmodified? Also, could you reply to my earlier Private Message? Thanks!

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you are getting into completely 'uncharted waters' and an area where running on the road may be unsafe, there may be solutions, but i won't reccomend any of them

the template, as crude as it is, is very simple. you don't even have to have it, just measure from the rear edge of the fender support where it meets the frame (the part that rivits to the frame) use a small square to mark vertical lines. then measure from either the top or bottom of frame as indicated. one bolt will be above the frame and i supply a custom bracket for that. holes are 5/8" except for the hole to clear the adjuster which is 1 1/2"

i am supposed to have lines and pitman arms this week, so except for the elusive reservoir it will be 'ready'
i suggest that anyony who is really going to do this look for your own steering box from international S series, 1975-1990 part number is cast on the back of the box, #7830389

tom

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, you're really starting to get folks excited with this....me included!! WOW! Thanks!

HanksDeuce

Tom, the Black Rock Fab kit will include an 8" riser arm for the front axle. This should allow me to use your kit and pitman arm. Now, my only question. Will the Saginaw box mounted on the outside of the frame clear my 16R20's on HEMTT wheels?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you can see from the picture of my steering box how far back it goes, but until you actually put one on you will not know for sure. go find one and see. if you don't use it i am sure some one else here will buy it from you.
tom

HanksDeuce

Tom, could you take a quick measurement from the inside of your tire at full lock to the Saginaw box? I'll then figure out if it will work. I don't want to buy it and have to turn around and sell it. I want to buy it and steer with minimal effort! I have cash in hand. I just hope it works for me!

I want to thank you for taking the time to develop this kit. It looks like it will be really nice when you get it finished.

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hank, I venture to say that with your 8" lift kit, your 53" tires should clear that box & arm...they're tucked in pretty impressively.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
look at ebay listing # 190643227978 , seems to be the best price and just about the right size. has the correct fittings, just think the return line is too high and at 6 gpm may airate the fluit too much. i ordered one to see how it works anyway. made the supply and return pipes today and ordered all the fittings, should be here by end of week. have 10 complete NEW pumps and mounting with gear! you need to find your own steering box.
tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks