• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missleman

try the specialty companies. i got mine at grundy's. have some other stuff with them. don't know if it matters. it is dirt cheap. most want a picture.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Gulfway (deuce, MKT, M37) all agreed value (meaning I set the value not them) with $500k liability and comp/coll policy. No garaging requirements. $550 for all 3 vehicles for a year.

greenjeepster

Exactly how can they sell you a policy knowing full well what the vehicle is, The vin, and you pay it then not pay on a claim? Sounds like a lawsuit against them.
They don't know what the vehicle is. The vin is too short for their computer system so they do an over ride and don't actually match the vin to anything. So when they write the policy if you are not specific about what it is they don't know that they can't extend the coverage... This problem only seems to come up when working through a broker, not if you call them directly. If you call Progressive direct they tell you that they can't insure MVs.

Kohburn

They don't know what the vehicle is. The vin is too short for their computer system so they do an over ride and don't actually match the vin to anything. So when they write the policy if you are not specific about what it is they don't know that they can't extend the coverage... This problem only seems to come up when working through a broker, not if you call them directly. If you call Progressive direct they tell you that they can't insure MVs.

could progressives policy may vary by state? I called progressive directly and they had no problem insuring it.

-

glad i read this thread, looks like its time to shop around again.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
could progressives policy may vary by state? I called progressive directly and they had no problem insuring it.

-

First and foremost to remember when dealing with an agent is that they are salespeople. They just want to make the sale and let someone else worry about whether it's right or not later.

Whoever you get you policy through you need to read it. The place to see whether your vehicle is covered is under the sections "Your Insured Vehicle" and "Exclusions." For example: on a Progressive Auto Policy it will clearly state the vehicle must weigh less than 10,000 pounds and will state it again under "Exclusions". That will be different under a Progressive Commercial Policy but there have been people on here that said they just called their agent and got it added to their normal auto policy. In that event any claim would be denied because the vehicle didn't meet the definition of "an insured auto." And for all the Sh*thouse lawyers who think they know more because they watch Law and Order, I don't care if the agent told you it was covered or not. Sue the agent but the company can still deny your claim and you will be sued by the other party.

And those thinking they're getting around the system by telling their agent they have a "Jeep" because it's a "Kaiser-Jeep" 1) you're committing fraud and 2) it will probably come back and bite you in your 3rd point of contact.

There have been dozens of threads about deuce insurance and every one of them has somebody saying they've been told by Progressive that they won't cover the vehicle. Why take the risk when there are lots of other companies that will insure it?

greenjeepster

-

I have been fighting with them over this for 4 years. I even have threaten to drop my auto coverage if they don't insure the deuce. I have tried multiple states and ask to speak with managers.

Here is the most recent from them on the issue.

Thank you for inquiring with us once again regarding insuring your vehicle. I have researched our guidelines and your current policy thoroughly.

In regards to insuring the vehicle you described, I am sorry to say that this type of vehicle does not meet the criteria we require to provide insurance coverage. We would not be able to provide you with a policy that would fit your needs for this particular vehicle.

Please let us know if we can do anything further to assist you by replying to this email. You may also contact us anytime at 1-800-888-7764.

I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,

Paulette A.
Progressive Internet Representative

jemfca

my insurance

1. What Year and Type of Deuce?1967 m35a2
2. What kind of Policy?liability 300/100
3. Is it under a standard policy or an "antique car/truck" policy? standard
4. What does it cost per month?$42
5. What Insurance Agency/Company?Farmers
6. What State is the Insurance Company in? VA
only vehicle insured with them

Kohburn

just talked to state farm and they offered a collector policy with full coverage at 100/300/100 with 100/250 deductables for $9.28 per month

I'd preffer something with no restrictions, but that's pretty darn good.

cajun666

I pay 1200.00 year State Minimum liability .

With geco.

Commercial private use.

I drive it about 150 miles a week.

But i work 28 days on and 14 days off.

m35a3 1987
State Minimum liability
Commercial private use.
Commercial truck
1200.00 year
geco
Louisiana
yes all my cars and trucks

no Restricted ( That why i have it insured Commercial any other way and u well not be coved if u get in a accident with and thing but u in it. )

Last edited:

FL77

I was quoted from Gulfway...very, very reasonable; they crush all of the other quotes I received. I will be using them. They were cheaper than USAA (Progressive) and Geico.

sandman7655

No you gave Progressive $176 dollars. But your not insured!
well according to them i am insured.maybe its different depending on state.i am in insurance agent also.so if they try to deny coverage i will contact the state dept of insurance.dont know why they would say i am covered if im not.they would be liable.

FL77

By the way, my Gulfway quote was around $18/month for around $100K in liability per accident {injury/ies}, private property damage). Value of M35A2 (used in quote) was $5,000, deductible $1000. No coverage for Deuce damage.. I have a clean driving record. I'm here in FL.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way, my Gulfway quote was around $18/month for around $100K in liability per accident {injury/ies}, private property damage). Value of M35A2 (used in quote) was $5,000, deductible $1000. No coverage for Deuce damage.. I have a clean driving record. I'm here in FL.
The main reason I went with Gulfway was to get full coverage with no garaging restrictions. The Agreed Value of my deuce is $8k so if it's stolen, fire bombed, vandalized to the point it's totalled, or a plethora of other things, I'll get $8k (less the deductible). Of course if it's repairable then they'll have to fix it but given the fire issues we had in TX last year I was more worried about fire or theft.

I was also able to get comp/coll on the MKT and that was another factor.

greenjeepster

garaging only means the location you keep it. Our 32 ft motor home has "garaged at" on the insurance binder... It is just the address of the location the RV is kept most of the time... It does not mean it has to be in a garage. I questioned it when we first bought the policy several years ago and that is what I was told.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
garaging only means the location you keep it. Our 32 ft motor home has "garaged at" on the insurance binder... It is just the address of the location the RV is kept most of the time... It does not mean it has to be in a garage. I questioned it when we first bought the policy several years ago and that is what I was told.
That's the definition for standard insurance policies but "Garaging" for classic vehicle insurance means it is "Garaged in a lockable structure." Or you sometimes see the wording as "Stored in..." Again, people need to read their policy. Just because someone tells you something doesn't mean they're bound to it unless it's in writing or you have a recording of them saying it. It may come as a shock to some but people DO LIE especially when money or their job is on the line.

Last edited:
I can't understand why some people go out of their way to insure with Progressive. To start with the body shops I work for tell me Progressive is one of the worst to deal with.

I had the same commercial policy. But after reading post from other people I had my agent ask point blank if my policy would be honored. He was told no.

I own stuff. I like my stuff. A few months ago my wife bumped into a person in a crosswalk.
Bruised their shins. They sued for $300.000 Yes three hundred thousand dollars. I don't know what the insurance company settled for but they settled.

I am not going to risk losing my stuff by using a company that does not want my business to start with

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks