• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjeepster

I can't understand why some people go out of their way to insure with Progressive.
We have been with them for so long that we get a "Platinum" member discount. I have priced insurance through other companies and Nationwide comes the closest to what Progressive charges us for the same coverage. Nationwide is 600.00 a year more... The lizard is almost 1000.00 a year more...

I have had no trouble with Progressive paying claims. I got hit by an uninsured motorist a few years ago... Progressive repaired my car and then sued the other motorist for the repairs... It took them 15 months, but they got their money back.

Vfflang

1. 1967 M35A2
2. Liability only
3. truck policy
Around $200 every 6months
5. State Farm
6. Florida
7. multi policy discount

i cant see how some people have non comercial / antique / historical registration since a 06 ford e250 with no rear seating is required to have comercial registration in nj i guess it could differ state to state but with that said when i do get my deuce i think anything other then commercial is not goin to be an option

i wanted to update that i triple checked with USAA insuring my deuce. I had it insured with full coverage, 50k/100k, and i explained to them what it is and it was insured for $28 a month. My dad got in a horrible car accident last month so i decided i would check with them again after seeing how expensive medicals can be (was the other drivers fault) and USAA WILL NOT cover a deuce. They did say they would finish covering mine until my renewal in July. I ended up calling around to just about every insurance company to get quotes.

I'm 25, i have a class A CDL, and apparently a 2 point ticket for missing a weigh station a couple years ago (would have fought it but they told me no points would be issued)

All quotes are for 50k/100k liability only on commercial policies with companies i do not have ay policies with

Progressive - about $100 a month
Geico - $76 a month
All State - wont insure just a commercial vehicle without a busniess policy
Gulfway - Is not licensed in DE
State Farm - $52 a month through a local agent only

I ended up going through state farm. It would have been much cheaper if i had any policies with them but all of my policies are with USAA and not worth switching as they cant even come close on homemowers and personal policy.

dutchguy

In Michigan, my Deuce is a farm truck, non-commercial. I just got my renewal, $600 for the year. I'm paying just under $800 for my '02 F150. Of course, in Michigan, we are paying $120 per year for "Catastrophic Claims" on EACH VEHICLE. So, for the two H-D motorcycles, my F150, wife's Wrangler and the Deuce, that's $600 for "1-800-CALLSAM" clients.

Wow that's insane. I have USAA for my other vehicles and homeowners

2001 2500hd 4x4 cclb, duramax/allison
2011 subaru forester
2012 passat tdi
450k house policy
wife and i on insurance (25/26) 50k/100k/ limits full coverage, 250deduc, i pay about 2k a year for everything, homeowners is only $430 with them.

RDUKW

Those of you with State Farm may want to check your policies. I have called several State Farm agency's and they are refusing to cover my trucks due to them having troop seats in back. The only way I can get them to cover it is to LIE about the seats in back.

Ryan

They did ask me if i had seats in it, i told them no. i also submited pictures of it from every angle with all the info they could ever need. They forwarded it all to the underwriter and it was approved so i am sure i am ok. i could see them not wanting people riding in the back but arent your seats removable? If you never allow people to ride in the back them i dont see how it counts as having seats in the back. The are tool shelfs if you ask me ;)

Rubenk

Looks like I need to call up USAA and cancel that progressive policy they just sold me...

Thanks for the heads up comrades!

Rubenk

*UPDATE* Good news!

I have insurance on my 1971 M35A2 through USAA via progressive. After reading the posts here I called up my USAA agent who assured me that if you go through USAA, they have a alliance agreement with Progressive to fully cover Military Vehicles. I explained the concerns of a large number of MV owners and he was fully aware that Progressive will not directly cover the vehicles. I asked him for this in writing and stated he would do some research and get me either the policy information, the alliance information, or let me know if he couldnt find it.

Hopefully he has- good news for us shortly!! He also informed that ANYBODY can go through the USAA insurance to get that specific coverage for a MV, not just veterans and veteran families.

*edit* Another update, USAA emailed me a number to call and speak with Progressive and got transferred to someone that is going to look into it. She stated that they definitely cover the MV's if you go through USAA, and will pass on my request for something in writing to the higher-ups that can answer that. I took the approach that I know alot of MV owners might bring them business if we get the news out, so of course, they were more than happy to help get me something. We'll see what turns up in the next week or so!

Last edited:

Freight Dog

Hi All,
I didn't read every comment on this thread but after reading the first page, I was surprised
at the variation in premium prices from the company I use; State Farm.
I have an M35A3, Hobbyist Class Only, No restriction on miles driven and
I only pay $8.00 per month.

Freight Dog

It makes a huge difference i you carry other polocies with the people you are trying to get a commercial policy through. USAA doesnt offer any discounts through progressive so you are just as well going with anyone else.

Navo

Hi All,
I didn't read every comment on this thread but after reading the first page, I was surprised
at the variation in premium prices from the company I use; State Farm.
I have an M35A3, Hobbyist Class Only, No restriction on miles driven and
I only pay $8.00 per month.

Freight Dog

Really?! I have State Farm also. I hope they quote me that when the time comes for insurance!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One important fact that people need to be aware of is that the minimum insurance requirements in most states to insure a vehicle are just that - minimal. In many states the minimal liability coverage is $10K. Even if you are driving a small car, $10K of liability insurance is not sufficient. One accident can ruin your life. Then when you factor the weight and size of a deuce or 5-ton, you can really run up the damage in an accident. I carry $100K / $300K insurance on both my deuces and an additional $1M umbrella policy.

Navo

One important fact that people need to be aware of is that the minimum insurance requirements in most states to insure a vehicle are just that - minimal. In many states the minimal liability coverage is $10K. Even if you are driving a small car, $10K of liability insurance is not sufficient. One accident can ruin your life. Then when you factor the weight and size of a deuce or 5-ton, you can really run up the damage in an accident. I carry $100K / $300K insurance on both my deuces and an additional $1M umbrella policy.
You bring up a good point sir. If you don't mind me asking, how much is your monthly payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks