• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Wrecker Engine Swap

rmgill

Perhaps we can work something out in the future. I'd love my Deuce to be a Crew Cab deuce and thus, I'd need to swap the bed off. Dunno if I want to do it to this deuce, but....*shrug* Perhaps we should talk about it later once you get your current project sorted out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Mike, yeah its working. It picked that gasser right up and was able to get the boom high enough to sit that engine right on the deck. Now its just one piece at a time. It's got some brakes which makes its usefulness better. Has fenders too! I'm sneaking up on it thats for sure. Here's another shot from this evening just before sunset. More advancements tomorrow.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hoping to have a radiator by Aberdeen. The truck should be going up and down the road by May if I can find the rad.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't miss the hint, I curcumvented it. As much as I want to go, it's just not going to happen. Even if I could pull it off, it would be wrong for my family. Even if the truck was done now, I wouldn't chance that journey until I had a thousand or so miles on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing happened yesterday on the wrecker. Today I made it out and put the headlight buckets in, moved the gasser engine to the M103 trailer and installed the air cleaner assy and exhaust stack. Still need to drill 2 holes to complete the air cleaner install and add the heat shield for the exhaust pipe. Mounted up the air horns too. Still hoping to find a radiator in the near future. I'm really sneaking up on it and once I get the engine cables. radiator, temp sending unit and lower radiator hose installed, It should be ready for a short road test.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic I took on my way to work. Kinda dark but gives an idea of the reach of the boom. I'm loving this truck more and more every day.

Attachments

Armada

That IS an impessive boom when its erect. :) Keep up the great work Kenny! Now that it has a heartbeat via multifuel, it's literally coming to life!

ida34

Kenny,
I was looking at your pics and the winch chain looks kind of short. I think you are "erecting" your boom to compensate for having a short chain out front.

Chuck

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
I think I've got a guy closer to you than me (Denver). He's in NY. His name is Todd. He's parting out three deuces in NY. TWO of them run, so they GOTTA HAVE radiators.

I'm pretty sure if he has not sold them already you could pick up both of them on the cheap side.

If this interests you, contact me and I'll send you his contact info. jim

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=40354&highlight=#40354

Ida34, I JUST LOVE IT! :)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watch those overhead power lines Kenny. I, of course, ran into them one time, but noticed it and was able to stop before any harm was done.
Get a couple of "warning for electrical power line" decals and stick them some place where you'll be reminded. At one point in your yard they are less than 10 feet up, I think.

http://www.emedco.com/emed2/prodGroupAT.asp?pf_id=20779-SMRT&dept_id=1029

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hehe, we know they are less than 11' for sure! I have to post that or for sure I'll rip them down.