• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

hole

Let me ask everyone of age, attending CDB Fall 2011 a question.
If it were to rain 40% or higher refreshments,…..out of the sky, what would one or more of your favorites be?

George, you can modify the percentage if you like.

Anything to help "Rita" gets my vote :D

M1009 Fiend

:driver:

While I got to excited this past weekend, so I had to go out an get a feel for the location. An set up bearings in my head so i don't get lost.

Check out the photos, This is the right route out to the spot?

Has any one tried to drive their trucks to the top of the open quarry? ( The picture with both bikes in it looking over the valley.)

Attachments

hole

:driver:

While I got to excited this past weekend, so I had to go out an get a feel for the location. An set up bearings in my head so i don't get lost.

Check out the photos, This is the right route out to the spot?

Has any one tried to drive their trucks to the top of the open quarry? ( The picture with both bikes in it looking over the valley.)
Camp is about 7-8 miles past the go cart track, you were on the right path.There are a few open mine areas out in that area, but there aren't many places out there that we haven't been. It's all a question of how high or low your pucker factor is [thumbzup]

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just keep heading east out SW rd to Lucerne Valley Cutoff. You can only go straight or right. turn right, go apx 2 miles just past a hill on the left and it will flatten out, Stop and look right. That's where we are!

M1009 Fiend

Camp is about 7-8 miles past the go cart track, you were on the right path.There are a few open mine areas out in that area, but there aren't many places out there that we haven't been. It's all a question of how high or low your pucker factor is [thumbzup]
I would pay to see a bunch of steel roll up that quarry road an park side by side at the top.

I think I'm going to bring a friend who is a professional photographer, to ride/ take pictures.

TheRecorder

Speaking of Coldies, Some scenes from CDB Spring 2011...........Burrrrr.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkXjzJBM1-E&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to go Jim, ya hadda put that in there :oops: Wasn't the beam footage from the night the Russians gave us a visit? Friday we need to go for a good trail ride before it gets too crowded and do another on Saturday. Maybe Slash-X again? BLKHMMWV, you gonna bring the bug light again? We shoulda used that to stay warm :)

BLK HMMWV

WWI don't you remember I was melting snow flakes with it last time. I'm not sure what night that was, the Russians fried my memory chip at least I wasn't probed!! Was I ???.
Jim I keep forgeting to take some pictures of the stupid thing at night.
I'm not sure I'll bring it out this time.
I'm going to try and step it down a few notches this time and let the young bucks, RRR , BB, and Met 1 take over. I'm getting to old for all the excitment.
The VSS-3 takes up alot of room in my rig , also it gets in the way of my roof mounted tool rack.
I may just come in my civi rig this time . I do have a few new things to try out however :twisted: so we will see.
As of now I'm looking at a Sat. morning arrival possible mid day Friday not sure yet. I think I'd like to do another trip to the slash-x or back to were they filmed one of the scene's in the last movie :shock:
I will hopefully be bringing out DB's new eye in the sky . Eric and I have been playing around with some new gear.
We doing shirts this event ?
I know it's a pain in the ass to do.
Any luck with a flag?
LMK if I can help with anything.
I did get your last couple of PM's.
Hope it all works out .
CC/ BH/ HTLH

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the flag and I want to put the buzzard on the sign on it, but I can't find the artwork. Shirts...we'll see. Have front, no rear yet. You can go hang out at the movie place all youw ant, i'll stay at the bottom. There are some other places that have roads up to them. maybe we could try one. There is one place off of a wash SW of where we camp. It is deep and accessable. Maybe a trail ride is in order to there?

Met1

Bad news guys, looks like I may curse you with my presence after all. The doc will probably sit this one out, so I won't have a chaperone.. Yikes! I'll need some supervision otherwise I could end up in a lot of trouble.

BLK HMMWV

No Doc!!! Must keep WWI away from business end of pigeon thrower.
No Chaperon Yikes !!! Must stay at other end of Camp away from crazy man.
This should be interesting. Must bring ear plugs and fire retardant spray for chair and clothing.
But WWI I was hoping to run into a movie star at the mine.
BH

hole

Bad news guys, looks like I may curse you with my presence after all. The doc will probably sit this one out, so I won't have a chaperone.. Yikes! I'll need some supervision otherwise I could end up in a lot of trouble.[/QUOTE

We've got your back! Glad to hear you'll make it out:beer:

hole

Got the flag and I want to put the buzzard on the sign on it, but I can't find the artwork. Shirts...we'll see. Have front, no rear yet. You can go hang out at the movie place all youw ant, i'll stay at the bottom. There are some other places that have roads up to them. maybe we could try one. There is one place off of a wash SW of where we camp. It is deep and accessable. Maybe a trail ride is in order to there?
I'm always up for a new trail ride :)

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on as well, trail rides, that's my style. Don't really make much of a mess so I don't do that cleaning up, but trail rides [thumbzup].

Now I just need to get myself back down from N. Nev :driver: