• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

100dollarman

Another

<<<DIRTBAG SPECIAL!>>>

2 non running M1009s for $2000! "Hard to resist" Pricing!

I am calling one approx 75% complete and one approx 90-95% complete.

Cash and carry! NO paperwork.

Call Hundy 760 964 5123

THX!

Hey Guys-- I dont mean to clog up the DB thread-- just wanted to put out a couple of 'no-profit' DB deals in case someone is needing something---- I am slashing some pricing this week till the campout. How about a COMPLETE M35 with troop seats for $1500! Driven into the shop, now it wont start. Has SF97.

Attachments

Met1

I'm bringing a create of avocados so make sure to bring your favorite dipping chips..

Hundy, PM sent on the smurf deuce...

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from hiking the Grand Canyon south rim to north rim and back. I guess I should start getting ready for Dirtbag. Where's the checklist and grease gun?

When is this retirement supposed to get boring?

TheRecorder

Victorville:

Thursday

Oct 20 Sunny (Clear)
Hi:83°Lo:52°

Friday

Oct 21 Sunny (Clear)
Hi:84°Lo:50°

Saturday

Oct 22 Sunny (Clear)
Hi:85°Lo:68°

Sunday

Oct 23 Sunny (Clear)
Hi:79°Lo:71°

That four letter word isn't going to be around much during this time.

Last edited:

998Junkie

That four letter word isn't going to be around much during this time.
At least we won't have one four letter word at DB. Now if we can keep Hundy from throwing is mobile rock launcher and we mark all the areas of potential slip and fall areas, we might be able to keep the other four letter word from being around.:mrgreen:

Thanks for the weather report.:jumpin:

I stopped by Hundy's place yesterday and picked up some really nice hummer take-offs, it was about 80 degrees...perfect weather. Thanks to Hundy for opening late to let me get them. Mounting them is the last thing I need to get ready for DB.

BLK HMMWV

NICE and WARM are two four letter words. But I'm guessing you meant one of these

Wind , Rain , Snow.
We already had the last three last time so Nice and Warm will be a welcome change.

998Junkie

Junkie you have all your work done on the truck?
It was looking good just needed some tires last I saw it.

When you planning on coming out?
Got the tires yesterday, the rims will be here Tuesday. If all goes well I'd like to be there Friday and take it from there since the wife will have shotgun ( but won't have one so it will be alright).

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got done doing all my crap, transferred fuel mix...kind reminds me of gassing the CR500! All thats left is a power plant fluid check. Bought the foodstuffs that aren't dated, just gotta go to the market and grab the meats. looking forward to a time out!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll be there in the M109. I'll still be there of course, and if anyone gets impressed by a 2005 Saturn Ion, then I'm your guy!

Just haven't been able to get to work on the head gaskets is all, either too hot out or me with the flu when the weather was great for it. I'll still have a blast though.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll be there in the M109. I'll still be there of course, and if anyone gets impressed by a 2005 Saturn Ion, then I'm your guy!

Just haven't been able to get to work on the head gaskets is all, either too hot out or me with the flu when the weather was great for it. I'll still have a blast though.

How much do you have left to do? I have some time this week I can come over and help.

If you can't get it fixed is there anything you need hauled out? My crew is headed out Thursday. You're also welcome to use anything of ours you need - cooking gear, BBQ, fridge, etc.

LMK

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much do you have left to do? I have some time this week I can come over and help.

If you can't get it fixed is there anything you need hauled out? My crew is headed out Thursday. You're also welcome to use anything of ours you need - cooking gear, BBQ, fridge, etc.

LMK
Basically, I haven't really even started the work, and I have to drive to Vegas and back tomorrow night, so it's really what I can get done Wed and Thurs and if it is cool enough to work on it during the day (still having 100 degree days out here).

I can fit all the essentials in the Ion (ice chest, table, food, cleapup tools and bedding) so I'll be fine if that is the route I have to go. Bad Karma has a GP Medium tent I can bunk in so no worries.

Prod

Hey guys, I'll be unable to attend. I have a 24hr watch on Saturday which pretty much ruins my weekend. I was going to switch for this weekend, but I also ran into some insurance issues, so I spent a significant amount of time figuring out how to get the Deuce in my garage. It did fit after some disassembly!

TheRecorder

Hey guys, I'll be unable to attend. I have a 24hr watch on Saturday which pretty much ruins my weekend. I was going to switch for this weekend, but I also ran into some insurance issues, so I spent a significant amount of time figuring out how to get the Deuce in my garage. It did fit after some disassembly!

Hey Bob,

That sucks. There is always the Spring CDB to plan for.

p.s. If you want, I grant permission for you to buzz my house.... tree top level!

Keep 'em Flying !

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished the PMS checklist and 1/3 of the loading. There's a LOT of grease zerts on a deuce and M105! I paid extra close attention to the dog bones, but just in case I loaded two spares. I just need to do a shakedown run to the gas station and spend my kids college money filling up the truck, gas cans and ATVs. Tuesday we will be loading the old Lance camper on the little truck and cleaning and resupplying it. Wednesday my son-in-law flies in from the Nimitz in WA and Thursday is taking care of last minute BS before we form up the convoy. We are planning for a 1900 arrival at CDB. The rest of my team should arrive Friday.