• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dirtbag XI

BLK HMMWV

I almost forgot a special thanks to Met1 and crew for your creative front line engineering of the redneck MLRS. Your fire pit fluffing skills reached beyond normal . I don't think I will be able to just use a glow stick as a glow stick any more. By the way I found the spoon you lost on Saturday night by the fire to bad the rest of the set was destroyed in a flash when it got to close to the fire.
You have a twisted side to you my friend. :evil:
We did have some very crazy weather out there . Your offer to experience a lightning strike first hand was very generious but for now I'll pass.
Untill next time .
BH/CC

Met1

BH, you my friend are a life saver! I talked to at least five people (newbees if you will)that could not say enough kind words about your generosity and willingness to let them clean up the area on your dime. You are an asset to the group!

WWI, next time how about 10x the amount of those spicy creations! They were delicious!!

WWII, I was sooo bumbed to hear about your injury. I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

TheRecorder, thanks in advance for the pics that you took, I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Hundy, I owe you a /X breakfast next time. Also, I believe miracle ear has several aids on sale currently. I need to pick one up myself...

To the rest of you guys, and gals out there, it was a great time. Thanks to all who chipped in on that little bit of wood that we had!!!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BH, you my friend are a life saver! I talked to at least five people (newbees if you will)that could not say enough kind words about your generosity and willingness to let them clean up the area on your dime. You are an asset to the group!

Thanks to all who chipped in on that little bit of wood that we had!!!
Second the thoughts on the generosity of BH and many others who are always so willing to share thier passions with others.

little bit of wood? There was half a forest stacked there on Friday!

offroadrunner

Well, I got the I-J Skull-truck home around 21:45 Sat - without the brakes locking up on me again - so that was lucky. If it was a bit warmer (or I was less of a weather-wimp), I would've liked to have stayed through Sunday too - I just wasn't really ready for that much wind/cold. Hopefully the bits of particle-board I left out there kept the temps above freezing (for the folks around the fire-ring) for a few minutes more.

Thanks to all for the fun we had in cleanup - especially when we got some play with Jeff/Eric's target-thrower - to remind me that I need to practice more. Also thanks to all that kibitzed with me about my breaking-brakes problem too; at least I've got some ideas to check-out now. Gotta get it ready for the next trip!

Cheers,

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, I took no pictures :neutral: Too dam windy to take them, couldn't have found the button with gloves on! Lotsa good times, glad we got to make it to Slash X, love those chili cheese fries :jumpin:.
Bob, hope you can track down your brake issue and glad you made it home OK.
Got a tad worried, My son and his friends left for a ride at 0900 and said they were gonna leave there around 1400 for home, well, no contact at 1700 and I started to worry, but he was with 5 others so IF there were to be any issues, one of them would have got with me. Turns out it was the ride from he ll. They did a loop from our location to the Outlets...not too far, 30-35 miles, then decided to hit Newberry Springs, out on the 40. Anyone who is familiar with that area knows how far that is! All off road bulldoggin' it over the mountains. Got there then started back. Got to /X at 1400 and made it back to camp, pulled out at 1900! The odo on the bike he was riding was reset when the left at 0900. Yesterday when cleaning the bikes up, I noted it said 196. We had plane reservations at 1100 yesterday, he was almost too tired to go flyin'!

I had a great time out there, It's always great to see and try and hang out with you all and meet new people. Sometimes with all the confusion and planning I forget that the whole reason behind these things is just the hanging out and interaction with everyone. Thanks to all who come out!

Last edited:

100dollarman

Tanks will for the shirts, they're awesome. I'm definitely gonna wait till November for the next one. Maybe I'll have a M1008 by then. or an M1009. But I suspect that hundy will pipe up if I don't mention still need a job. :mad: Applying for a position at few places now. SOOOOOOO yea, thanx guys.

Sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and playing video games is not considered to be "applying for a position" LOL.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the govt didn't shut down, the weather finally warmed and another dirtbag is, well... in the bag! First time out for us--- first impressions: WHAT A GET TOGETHER!

Wife and I showed for Sat only, no campout, and thouroghly enjoyed the clean-up activities. So much going on all at once it was only possible to meet a handful of folks. But a big thanks to all for the friendly atmosphere and warm welcomes.

Also thanks Met1 for your kind assistance while I fumbled and wife looked on...:oops: and thanks Will for picking us up on the trail while my GPS was pointing to somewhere on the otherside of I-15...:shock: (someday I'll actually learn how to use it)

Overall, an awesome gathering and definately looking forward the next outing--- Best regards,

Dave & Lynn

Attachments

Picked up the 1028 at Barstow on Friday. Noticed a little puddle of transmission fluid under it....:-(

Checked the levels and it had fluid in it but was low, added a bit and checked everything else...then came the moment of truth, turned the key that I got off ebay the lights came on and it fired right up.

Also pickedup a canned 6.2l engine and put it in the back and took Barstow road to Hundy's place....only to remember he's closed on Friday (or he saw me coming) .:wink:

Replaced the transmission filter and gasket (after scrapping RTV off the thing). Drove it to work and back today and I'll take it for the rest of the week.:)

If all goes well I'll be there with the 1028.

When are we gonna get to see a thread about yer 1028????

998Junkie

Sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and playing video games is not considered to be "applying for a position" LOL.
My stepson is convinced he can win the super lotto without even buying a ticket.:wink:

When he was at college he came home for the summer and started playing video games again...

I said your not going to spend the whole summer playing video games. So he got a job at Electronic Arts as a game beta tester.aua

Hundy thanks for the 4X trip...I'm still stoked and can't wait to get out there again.

Sadly, I took no pictures :neutral: Too dam windy to take them, couldn't have found the button with gloves on!
Gloves...check...got to bring gloves next time.

When are we gonna get to see a thread about yer 1028????
Well, that is an interesting idea. The only problem so far is I don't like touching my cellphone when I'm drenched in Dextron, because I can't figure out how to drop a transmission pan into my oil pan correctly and then I don't expect the transfer case to shoot fluid three feet when you pull the plug...that was a really fun one. Another problem is I was working at night so the pictures wouldn't have looked good.

I'm getting ready to start the real work on it and I'll remember to get some pictures and post something.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was trying to get us back in time to drop somethings and continue on the the camp, . . . didn't roll in till Sunday.
I was really wanting to drop this 105, after 1500 miles of dirt track, and do some trails w/o it..

So . . . when's the next trail riding happening :lol: