• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disabling your deuce

Speedwoble

I have been thinking about, but haven't yet tried, a big C-clamp to clamp the parking brake shoes together. If you have ever had your parking brake stick, you know how effective this would be.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a local guy that had a big pond stocked with catfish. he had a bunch of trouble with people stopping by and catching his fish. He put several signs around the pond that said " Rattlesnake habit area, please don't disturb the snakes". This fishing came to an abrupt halt.

Maybe you could do something on the order of that theme. If you really wanted to be sure you could put some actual snakes in the truck. I'd be afraid I couldn't find them when I went to drive it though :shock:. Maybe a big fake snake coiled up under the seat that could be seen through a window or open door would work.

Harvested theses pics from this website:

5 Headed snake in India

Can you spell D - E - T - E - R - R - E - N - T

:whistle:

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keeping with my snake theme I came up with another idea. Materials needed- 1 big fake snake, some fishing line. Lay the snake on the seat. Tie the fishing line around the snake's neck. Tie the other end of the line around the inside door handle. When somebody opens the door the line will pull the snake forward toward the perpetrator.

This could also work just to play a joke on your buddies.

212sparky

when i park my truck out at the farm i take the batteries, pour 10 gal of oil in the diesel tank, remove the front and rear drive shaft and run a long chain through all the wheels that then locks to bolts coming out of the concrete pad with 4 game cameras watching it.

m816

disable your deuce

when i park my truck out at the farm i take the batteries, pour 10 gal of oil in the diesel tank, remove the front and rear drive shaft and run a long chain through all the wheels that then locks to bolts coming out of the concrete pad with 4 game cameras watching it.
Before I did all that work, I would just let them steal it. If they cut the lock, it gives them a nice chain to haul it away with and no drive shaft means les resistance to bing towed. How about just parking at your buddies house while you are away?

Troll1216

I put oil/gas/diesel mix in the tank... That is a one time steal your fuel mistake...

I use the chain steering wheel method...

I have a BIG dog...

If I go anywhere with the truck:
I take the dogbone off the battery...
I leave the petcocks open on the air tanks...
I would purchase a dual tire lock, like what they use for R/Vs...
I try to park it where I can keep eyes on it...

Moral of the story if they want it they will get it. The object is to make it harder to steal so they will move on to someone other than you...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks