• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diy rock sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankem-Deep

Ok guys here's the progress so far, I had a funeral this Saturday so didn't get as much done as I wanted to.

Attachments

Shankem-Deep

Some more:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Badd AZZ

Ordered my set..Cannot wait to get these...I will post some follow up pics soon.
J.Z. your truck is going to look badd azz with this mod. Are you going to do flat black or 383 green to match the truck..? When you install yours post some pictures.

Edit: Upon careful review of your new pictures posted, I must say I am impressed with the welds. I am a welder of 20 years. Does a heart proud to see such quality craftsmanship in every detail. BTW I need a new pair of C clamps. I would have the bar code sticker either melted or burned off in 1 day.

Are these going to be shipped primer black or green..?

Last edited:

J.Z.

sliders

Super sweet...!!!!!..I think I will do the flat black look to start...I will post follow up pics,,however I am taking a family vacation Jan 17-March 2nd to Florida with the family(boo hoo)...so when I get back home I will get on it,,,....J.Z.

Shankem-Deep

Yea the frame on these trucks is Thick C channel so I bolt all the way through. I use 4 bolts with washers on each 1/4 thick mounting plate. I made the plates as tall and wide as possible to spread the load. They're beefy!!:wink:

ssdvc

Shankem, very nice, quality work! Can't wait to see what they look like on the Blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks