• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2012 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

shenkmen

No rain in the forecast.

I'll be there at 11:30 tomorrow morning.

Attached is a picture where we set up camp. After you turn into the parking lot turn right. If your the first one there set up and try to secure space for the rest of us.

Address and coordinates for Rausch Creek...

453 Molleystown Rd
Tremont PA 17981

GPS Coordinates:
N40° 36.5074'
W76° 26.9170'

Directions - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Before hitting the trails you'll need to stop by the office and pay. If you are just camping that day there is no need to go to the office.

--------

Let's talk times...

max1008, rustyg, markus84, kassim503 - do you guys have an update on your arrival times and can you narrow it down with an estimated time?

I'd like hit the trails on Friday at 12:30 and get some wheeling in. We'll be back by sunset.

We usually hit the trails at 10 on Saturday.

Let's talk arrival times so we can try to coordinate.

Get ready folks!

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No rain in the forecast.

I'll be there at 11:30 tomorrow morning.

Attached is a picture where we set up camp. After you turn into the parking lot turn right. If your the first one there set up and try to secure space for the rest of us.
Aw, c'mon, no moonbase camping! Camp in the trees on the right as soon as you come in the gate! I believe there's even a picnic bench right there!

shenkmen

Aw, c'mon, no moonbase camping! Camp in the trees on the right as soon as you come in the gate! I believe there's even a picnic bench right there!
Moonbase? Not inside my deuce.

I've never camped anywhere else with SS.

I haven't checked out that area. In the past we've stayed away from those areas as a lot of people arrive throughout the night and engines, people, porta potties doors slamming, etc... can be quite loud.

The corner could work. See attached pic. I wouldn't go any closer though.

I'm fine where we normally camp. It's worked out well.

We can figure it out when we get there. You, me and psyco should be the first to arrive.

PsycoBob

Actually, I'm already here. Currently parked as the map/photo shows.

Much as I'd prefer the spot next to the gate, I didn't bring my arc welder to 'fix' that trailer ramp noise of the late arrivals. There are picnic tables here, too. Smoker will be fired up first thing tomorrow- this hunk of meat will take forever to heat through.

PsycoBob

Much as I'd prefer the spot next to the gate, I didn't bring my arc welder to 'fix' that trailer ramp noise of the late arrivals. There are picnic tables here, too. Smoker will be fired up first thing tomorrow- this hunk of meat will take forever to heat through.

markus84

Couldn't get my friend with his jeep to come, so it looks like it will be me with my deuce and 3 other people with me. Should be there late afternoon friday. I am also bringing so firewood. I don't know if i am going to be able to sleep tonight just thinking about tomorrow. I just hope everything is good with the deuce. Going to have to say a pray.

markus84

For an estimated time, its probably going to be around 6pm till i actually get there. just make sure someone saves me a good spot to park the deuce.

shenkmen

Nicely done sir.

shenkmen

Psyco, can you save a bunch of spots for the group?

PsycoBob

Just marked off the spots between me & the corner. Anyone with a trailer should try to park near the comer, to keep the path to the trailhead free.

rustyg

Great Time!
I am so glad I drove up and got to meet an awesome bunch of guys (and a pretty girl too):)
If you're ever on the fence about making the trek to one of these events, do yourself a favor
and go! I look forward to attending more of these in the future. I'm also amazed with all the
terrain that these trucks will handle, I guess thats what they were designed to do, day after
day, I have alot more faith in the durability of these machines. It's a good feeling knowing
you're with a group of guys that would jump right in and do whatevers necessary to get you
up and running again.
Thanks Again to all who attended, It's good to get to know the folks who contribute
on this forum, I look forward to the Spring Rally:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks