• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Camp Dirtbag

TheRecorder

For Victorville :

Thursday

Nov 4
Sunny (Clear)
Hi:78°Lo:49°
Sunny. High 78F and low 49F. Winds N at 5 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

Friday

Nov 5
Partly Cloudy
Hi:76°Lo:56°
Partly Cloudy. High 76F and low 56F. Winds S at 15 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

Saturday

Nov 6
Partly Cloudy
Hi:68°Lo:55°
Partly Cloudy. High 68F and low 55F. Light winds. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

Sunday

Nov 7
Sunny (Clear)
Hi:71°Lo:53°
Sunny. High 71F and low 53F. Winds W at 5 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA
0%

Met1

Hi Guys! FNG here... My wife and I just got our first truck and we are interested in heading up to get together. Is it invite only, or can we crash the party too? We have a young daughter, is the event kid friendly? We have firewood, a leaky M-35A2, and a ton of fresh avocados for those interested.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're reading this you're invited. Kids are welcome but you might want to have hearing protection.

Met1

Thanks for the heads up. She wears double sets in the deuce. This sounds like a good time. roflrofl

Last edited:

hole

Met1, judging from that pic,you'll fit in just fine! You guys are more than welcome to join us!! I will be out there Thursday am. I'll bring the hot peppers and we can make guacamole 8).

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 Days and counting! A big thanks to hole for the assistance todey, couldn't have done it without ya!! Jim, I un deleted your post, I thought it was perfect! Met1, c'mon out, the more the merrier!

I think we all love avacados. Think they go well with shovel weenies? BTW, anyone heard from yellowbronc?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a few from one of the trips when it was HOWLING wind! Note bigmike trying to fly in one of them!
OMG!!!
Thanks for the pics Will. Brought back fond memories. That blanket really caught the heat from the fire though:grd:

armytruck63

Here's today's report from the Low Desert: Went out to Anza Borrego for the day, weather was fantastic. About 70 deg F, just a slight breeze and the rain stopped at the mountain crest and never made it to the desert floor.

There has been rain in the Low Dez as the Ocotillo has leaved out. We had a M38 and a Cherokee stuck twice in mud. The top three inches or so was almost dry, stinky mud slime underneath. I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can.

Hope we'll have equally nice weather in the Hi Dez next weekend.

hole

Looks like we're gonna have some nice fall weather for Dirtbag, 70's by day and 50's at night. Will, avocados go with almost anything :p.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back with the deuce from Idylwild on a scout trip. **** boot popped off, I need to pull it apart and see if the clamp is broke. Also, on the pre trip check I noticed the brake fluid level was down some on my remote reservoir. It was good on the way up and it was good on Saturday because I was showing one of the excited scoutmaster some of the things I've done to the truck and the remote was part of the tour. On the pre trip this morning it was down some. Can cold weather effect DOT 5? It was only about 30 this morning, so not too cold. Idylwild is at 5000 feet. I topped it off before we left and decided not to let anyone else ride in the truck. Brakes were fine all the way home, but fluid leaked out of the vent in the remote cap like it was over serviced. A lot. I can't find any sign of a leak anywhere.

Time to turn wrenches if I'm gonna make it to Dirtbag!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well my pre-trip checkout ride opened up a can of worms, so looks like I'm joining DUG on the turning wrenches if I'm going to make it with the M109. Had planned on just doing an oil change (first on it by me) and now looks like I'm dealing with a rear seal, a coolant leak, a small oil leak and a brake fluid leak where the line from the remote reservoir goes into the top of the stock reservoir. Fun, fun, fun!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boot reinstalled. Looks like I got the inside clamp in the wrong spot and it got bumped off. It's super easy to put back on now. I make sure the groove and the seal are spotlessly clean and then use a little rubber cement to hold it in place until we get the clamp on.

Brake fluid is still full Overfull actually. Still bringing and extra wheel cylinder just in case.

Ready to start loading.