• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First M35A2C New-to-me

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called the vendor on here that I bought the line from. Said I am not the first customer to complain of the same issue with the number 5 line. They have already put a new one in the mail for me, no problem even though I bought it in September last year. Hopefully when I get home from work this weekend it will be ther and finally get this done. Gotta love the green iron.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It lives! I got the new #5 line and it worked like a charm. All gears are working. Good brakes and a nice clutch. Very happy day today. Even got work done on the 1009 too.

Now ow that I am happy and a defective product has been replaced I will say that TMJ Murray took very good care of me and there were no questions about replacing the defective line. And it was taken care of before I even got home.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I have run it, I had a problem with the 150 psi safety valve popping off, but the gauge only indicating 70 psi. Seemed like an easy fix, the safety valve must be bad. I had another one so I swapped it out quick, and......that wasn't it.

So I picked up a new air governor, that was the problem, but gauge is still stuck at 70 psi. Going to have to get a new air gauge I guess.

Nice to drive it without the safety valve popping off but I need to get a good gauge. Truck is running like a champ though.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a ride out to Doghead's for a little shakedown. About 55 miles each way. No problems ran perfect. Very happy. Even got DH to drive me around Lake Ontario for a while. All in all a very good day. Also thanks to DH I have the new air pressure gauge I needed.

Attachments

gem1410

Go Slow--no reason to rush--have the truck well marked--make it look like you are still in the Air Force and others drivers will be helpful --good luck--George

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad day this week for me, let "Kenny" go to a new caretaker. I couldn't watch it drive away but the new owner, a Marine, currently assigned to Marine 1 sure was happy. Hoping he enjoys it as much as I did.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks