• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First M35A2C New-to-me

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called the vendor on here that I bought the line from. Said I am not the first customer to complain of the same issue with the number 5 line. They have already put a new one in the mail for me, no problem even though I bought it in September last year. Hopefully when I get home from work this weekend it will be ther and finally get this done. Gotta love the green iron.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It lives! I got the new #5 line and it worked like a charm. All gears are working. Good brakes and a nice clutch. Very happy day today. Even got work done on the 1009 too.

Now ow that I am happy and a defective product has been replaced I will say that TMJ Murray took very good care of me and there were no questions about replacing the defective line. And it was taken care of before I even got home.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that I have run it, I had a problem with the 150 psi safety valve popping off, but the gauge only indicating 70 psi. Seemed like an easy fix, the safety valve must be bad. I had another one so I swapped it out quick, and......that wasn't it.

So I picked up a new air governor, that was the problem, but gauge is still stuck at 70 psi. Going to have to get a new air gauge I guess.

Nice to drive it without the safety valve popping off but I need to get a good gauge. Truck is running like a champ though.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a ride out to Doghead's for a little shakedown. About 55 miles each way. No problems ran perfect. Very happy. Even got DH to drive me around Lake Ontario for a while. All in all a very good day. Also thanks to DH I have the new air pressure gauge I needed.

Attachments

gem1410

Go Slow--no reason to rush--have the truck well marked--make it look like you are still in the Air Force and others drivers will be helpful --good luck--George

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad day this week for me, let "Kenny" go to a new caretaker. I couldn't watch it drive away but the new owner, a Marine, currently assigned to Marine 1 sure was happy. Hoping he enjoys it as much as I did.....