• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida road trip to OH, Haspin, IN and back to FL

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if a transfer case from a 1988 ex-SeaBee CUCV want2be 1-ton w/TH400 would be the same or fit?

I happen to have one with 7000 miles on it sitting in TX. I was going to scrap it......;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anything special about it? Like input splines or...?

That's the same T case as my 2000 silverado. I thought they were not that hard to find or get parts for.

Seems like auto recyclers should have them available.

Stonepicker1

Is there anything special about it? Like input splines or...?

That's the same T case as my 2000 silverado. I thought they were not that hard to find or get parts for.

Seems like auto recyclers should have them available.
We called the recycle yards and they out of stock.

Wish I knew the model #..NP246..NP241..NP 263....Borg Warner 4401 / 4470...NP261HD...or ????

The 4L80E has the 32 spline count.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming it's an NP246(from Mikes info in post # 50) .

Does it have the autotrac(pushbutton)?

3dAngus

Phil is busy right now, but he says, "No" it does not have the autotrac pushbutton.
Your help and concern is appreciated.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, sorry I don't know then. :oops:

Kenny probably knows (he knows everything...)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So whats the score here is Phil back on the road...? If not doesn't anyone have the part in question..? What can I do to help out..?

3dAngus

Don,

Good question, and I appreciate the help. Right now Phil is in the kitchen after eating steak, baked potatoe and salad, busily chatting with Joyce where they are having a great conversation without me. I'm on the internet. Help? Heck yeah. You're a good man.

Send a case of Jack Daniels. Hurry! Need more drink!:-D

No seriously, Phil's in good hands and all is well at this point. He leaves tomorrow, assuming the final fix is in. They test drive it at the dealership in the early morning. Thanks anyway Don. All is well.:grin:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Phil is in your kitchen with Joyce I am confident he is in the best hands in Georgia. Thanks for the update. Tell Phil hello...! Peace out.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steak yummy, :mrgreen: Phil you need to break down more often.

I had a bagel for dinner the wife is out tonight :(

I should have drove down to Perry today

:driver:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steak! Best I could do here would be chili-mac. tell Phil to get a good night's sleep and I'll see him tomorrow! We'll be busy, as the tent count is up to five.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Phil,

While you are at the dealership, have them print off a RPO sheet for all the options on your truck. They just need the VIN.

I had a local dealer print one for my new truck.

3dAngus

Well, once again Phil the traveling OD Green Guy is happily on the road, headed for S.C.
He left about an hour ago and should be OK as he was going to call right about now, or earlier if something went wrong. Wishing Phil a merry trip. He's good company!

3dAngus

Phil called. He is on I-20 out of Augusta now, less than 2 hours from Mikes house. He said the truck was running fine. He has 5 tents to drop off at Mikes, and dropped off 4 here in Middle Ga. I have two at my house for pickup by two of his buyers. What a fantastic deal on some brand new in the crate 16X16's.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As of 6pm, Phil is on I-26 eastbound, headed for I-95 south and home. My tents are tarped, my cable from Gimpy delivered, the load on Phil's trailer rebalanced and strapped down, and he got some parts washing gloves from Mitch to boot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks