• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fontana, Ca MV final resting place trip

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I called today, and we are all set for the 14 of July. He said he'll try to get there earlier than noon, so, for all use guys comming from north of LA, let's meet at my house I guess. There's plenty of parking, we can pool in my junk or you can follow. It takes about 40- 60 min to get there, So My place at 10, mosey out there, grub, then on to the yard. Give me a call and I'll give you an address and or directions, in case you want to google a map. For the guys from south of LA or out the 15, call me, or, find your way to I10, exit at Cherry Av. in Fontana. Head south to the 1st light and there's a taco stand on the SE corner. Hang there and I/we should be there around 11 ish. It will be HOT, I'll bring a cooler with soda/ water/??. I have tools, but i'd bring some. Hand cleaner, rags, what ever, you need, you'll need to bring. It is dusty and dirty, but full of treasures. Looking fwd to meeting you all and seeing the ones I know again.
626-840-1751, please, not b-4 6AM or after 9:30 PM, I get up early and I need my beauty rest!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Polverone said:
Hey-oh, I am in!!
Since this is a West Coast thing and a lot of members from the other side of the continent would be dying to go or acquire items I have a suggestion -

If anyone wants parts (small items that is) they could post their items desired here. Since we do not know pricing as of yet Will or I could get their phone number through a PM and on the day of the treasure hunt if we find said item(s) we could give them a call. Ifat the time of that phone call the pricing is deemed good for them we would get a credit card # from said buyer (I have a terminal here at the office) and then ship it off to them. Of course the shipping charge (actual) would be added as well.

Now the disclaimer -
There would be a .02% fee to cover the cost of the CC transaction which the bank charges me - I don't get it personally.
I have a few very small requests and one medium sized request.........

A.
I need the little chain and thingamabobber that goes in the folding steps on the ft. bumper of a Deuce. See pic #1. I have made something out of a cotter pin and some chain for the step I have that doesn't have it's correct chain, but I'd like both of them to be correct and match.

B.
I need the little stainless steel clasp for a fire extinguisher bracket. See pics #2 & 3.

C.
This is the weird one. I'd like to have one of the bracket/posts that mounts the spotlight behind the driver's side of the cab on an M123. I have no idea what this is worth, but I don't think I'd pay more than about $50 for it........

Now, I know you guys are going out there to look for goodies for yourself, so if you don't wanna look for this stuff or pull it off....I won't be offended. If you do, I'd be happy to reimburse you for your time and effort, in addition to the cost of the part.

Thanks in advance,

Clinto

Attachments

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto, you beat me to it. I was gonna start a post for parts wanted right after the one prior to yours, but, I think that was when the new server went on line, all the forums were locked. There will most likely be step pins and how 'bout a complete extinguisher bkt?
GUYS, Please find the "parts request from Fontana post" to put your requests in. It will be easier to keep track of.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is just a bump to the top for a reminder on next w-end. Call me or PM me if you need to for directions and time/meeting place.

ems4ty

NEED INFO!

Hey guys, nf6x directed me to this topic to get the info on where and what time to meet up at. I'm new to the Duece 6X6 (Just picked up 2 of them this past Sunday from Victorville.) Anyways he mentioned that there was going to be a meeting/convoy and I wanted to know if I could join with you guys. Here's the link to the post that I started just in case:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=13219

Anyways, nf6x suggested that I post a response here to inquire about the info. Look forward to hearing back from you guys if that's cool.

Thanks in advance,

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mhb285 and key-largo are comming from Laguna area. If that's close to you, see if you can come with them or, we will be at the taco place on Cherry Ave, off of the I 10 around 10 10:30 ish. Please feel free to call me...626-840-1751
Find your way to the 10 freeway, Fontana. Exit Cherry Av, head south to the bottom of the overpass hill, go thru the light and on the left side, there's a thaco place with a big patio. Look for a grey Chevy crew cab truck. Looking forward to meeting you.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, I wish I could go with you guys

nf6x

Feral Engineer
WillWagner said:
Find your way to the 10 freeway, Fontana. Exit Cherry Av, head south to the bottom of the overpass hill, go thru the light and on the left side, there's a thaco place with a big patio. Look for a grey Chevy crew cab truck. Looking forward to meeting you.
I tried to find the meeting place in Google Earth. Is this it?

http://www.nf6x.net/tmp/taco.kmz

ems4ty

mhb285 and key-largo - Let me know what time you'll be cruising through. Are you taking the 5 to the 55/57 or going through the 133 Toll Road? I'm in Irvine off of Jamboree and the 5 Fwy and the truck is stored at a RV Storage Yard at the Tustin Marine Base.

Hopefully, if all goes well and I don't have any mechanical problems, I'll definetly be ready to go!

Thanks guys, look forward to meeting with you tomorrow!!!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mark, I tried to open the link, but came up w/a windows error

ems4ty

Think I'll be taking the 261 Tollroad to the 241 Toll Road on Saturday morning. It's a pretty steep climb for this old gasser, but I'm really hesitant to have to stop at the scales on the 91 Fwy until all my stuffs legit.

Let me know either way which route your guys are headed. 714-497-7589 Is my work cell just in case.

Will - I'll give you a call if I run late. Should be there by 1000-1030 hrs.

See ya there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks