• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Food service for Ga Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I read the menu, I had a funny thought. I can see WM selling his wares and being asked if he'll take less for some trinket. His answer, "No, can't go any lower but, I'll throw in an extra hot dog, with your lunch...." :-D

Wreckerman needs a banner for the rally, " Hot deals and meals served here!":wink:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A couple of items I need input on.
Do we have a tent that can be used as a dedicated dining tent? (so we can keep it clean....no dirty sneakers or drawers in it)
And we need folding tables and chairs......most folks have one or two folding chairs and some have tables......if we have several we can have a nice sit down meal.
If everybody brought one or two we have plenty.
They are also handy to set up the condiments and drinks on.
I have a big tarp that I can put down as a floor.
A couple of big plastic garbage cans would be nice too ( I am bringing one).
I have a big jug of hand cleaner for personal hygine and a case of paper towel for napkins and wiping stuff down.
Don't know how we are on water hoses....I know we have access to hydrants from the campground so we shouldn't need a lot of water storage.
There are some immersion heaters coming but you need metal trash cans to use them.
If I am missing anything let me know.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wreckerman, that menu sounds awesome! I am so stoked! This year's rally will be the best ever. The menu sounds great.

I know Big Case is bringing his tent, I believe the picture I am posting below is the one. I don't know if anyone is staying in it though. Dawn and I will have a couple of small 8 x 10 canopies but I don't know how they will be for keeping us dry. I think they are more for sun relief than water.

I wish we could get a couple of GP mediums this year in addition to Big Case's tent.

Not sure on water WM, but I have 2 5-gallon water cans and we can make water runs on the mule or in the M38A1 over to the office in a worst case scenario.

I hope everyone here shakes Mike and WM's hands and thanks them for putting all this food action together. They have done this all on their own and only asked for my approval and they even offered to throw in profit into a fund for next year's rally. We owe them a hearty thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto,
The MKT has eight five gallon water cans on it, along with almost all the other BII items. Just got back from Wally World where I picked up a #10 can of Hormel Chili (no beans) so Papabear can have his chili mac. In addition to the tea for the adults, we will have koolaid for the youngsters and I'm bringing a large can of coffee and a coffee maker for those that have to have java to function in the morning. Also got some peanut butter and some stuffing mix (not for use together, at least by me) to help round out the meals/provide variety.

GamaGoatGirl

For those of you arriving before the MKT will be up and running... I just called Durhamtown to see what meals they would have available and they only plan on having lunch available in the kitchen on Thursday. They will have breakfast, lunch, and dinners available on Friday and Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amy,
The MKT should be up and running within two hours of my arrival, which is 'scheduled' for Thursday morning. Especially if I can get some help in setting it up. I can open it up by myself (and close it back up too), but it takes over an hour without help.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Any man that would contaminate perfectly good SOS with rice COULD NOT have been born in the South!!!!!!

WM I hereby challenge your accestry and request you bring a birth certificate to the rally:!:
(Betcha it is writen in some kinda Oriental language);-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks