• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Food service for Ga Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppop

WM, just to let you know I have 200 plastic cups left over from an event on the farm that I am bringing along with 75 styrafoam cups to put the hot peanuts in. Also strapped 100 ft. of water hose on the truck to help reach water if needed. Also have 35 pounds of grits and 25 pounds of plain cornmeal on board. think thats enough??:p:p

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Army recipe calls for six pounds of grits to feed 100 troops per meal (with other items of course, but they must have calculated it for yankees), so it should be fine!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Mike......since I am bringing a hundred pounds of spuds I guess we can cook some for breakfast for our friends from "the land of Northern Aggression".
For some reason a lot of them have a deep seated fear of our breakfast staple.
I've even heard some of them call grits "farina".......I though Farina made dog food.
I got cheese too.....mmmm mmm mmmm cheesy grits.:drool::drool::drool:

scooter01922

Hey, i like grits. While i'm typing this i'm waiting on my fried catfish, hushpuppies , creamed corn and beans to cool. Figured as i'm in the south i'm gonna eath southern style. See you guys tomorrow afternoon :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm picking up 210 pounds of fresh chicken (can't get much fresher than the plant where they process them) tomorrow morning.
I hope everybody is bringing an appetite......I can only eat chicken for so long.
With all the sides being promised we should have some great meals.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello Slammer! We look forward to seeing you at the rally.

I will have some more information up soon in the form of a thread, but for now, there is info on the SS calendar:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=22&day=2010-10-20&c=1

There is a link on the calendar post to the thread with all the pics and videos from last years event.

The following link is the info thread from last year. Reading it will help you get an idea of how the rally runs but keep in mind it's for last years event. The dates for this year are different and some changes in food, activities, etc. may occur.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/events/35574-official-09-ss-ga-rally-info-thread.html

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slammerdown,

Welcome aboard.

Here is a quote from a thread about the Rally..."There won't be a thread for awhile, but the location is the same as last year and the dates are Oct. 20-24 (Wednesday through Sunday). The Ga. Rally will always be the weekend before Halloween."

The location is at the Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point, GA.

Here is a link to the post that the quote above came from...GA Rally Info.

There will be much more information coming later in the year, but one thing you can be certain of...It WILL be a blast just like in the past, and the more the merrier!!!

Oldsouthernboy

Having just found the Food venue, I will (If I can come) load the M1009 with water melons, how many? Also a couple boxes of trash bags, a load of TP, How are you set for Beans Greens for the cat fish ? 10lbs of pinto's be enough? and Onions got to have onions with the catfish.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys, this thread is for the 2009 event, so I am going to lock this thread so as to prevent future confusion. I need to start remembering to lock all these old rally threads once the event is over to keep from confusing people.

The correct thread for food issues for the 2010 event is here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/42680-2010-ga-rally-food-service.html

Having just found the Food venue, I will (If I can come) load the M1009 with water melons, how many? Also a couple boxes of trash bags, a load of TP, How are you set for Beans Greens for the cat fish ? 10lbs of pinto's be enough? and Onions got to have onions with the catfish.
Not sure how many of the watermelons to bring.... I don't know how many people like them but I think it's safe to say we're gonna have at least 200 people there.

The trash bags will be much appreciated but you can probably leave the TP at home-Carnac scored us about a hundred rolls and Durhamtown supplies us with porta potties which have TP with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks