• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GROUP BUY: Deuce rare hood handles f/s

91W350

PM me with a PayPal address and I will fire you off a payment, be glad to pay for four in case somebody else backs out. Wish I had requested four anyway. Glen

3dAngus

As long as I don't lose $210 plus shipping it can happen again.:D

I just wanted to say, I think this is a really good thing you are doing for all members of SS.

It's always good to work together to bring parts prices down.

You're a real stand-up guy!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can paypal $56 right now, which would allow you to get a few extra without being any further out of pocket.
Thanks Mike and DUG & Emmando for the offer. I really want to wait till I get the U-bolts in hand before I take anyones money though. I have never tried this before and have never used this company, so I want to make sure everything is correct and ready to go before I take any money. I also decided that when I get them i'll post the receipt just to show I made no money on this little venture. Will order Monday-hopefully they will be shipped to me by Friday or so. I will keep everyone informed.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts are ordered. I should have them mid next week. When I have them in hand I'll PM those who wanted them for payment, then Iwill ship them out.:beer:

3dAngus

The parts are ordered. I should have them mid next week. When I have them in hand I'll PM those who wanted them for payment, then Iwill ship them out.:beer:
Are you going to try the fording kit next? Looks like you had a really nice response so far, and even if original buyers drop out, you have plenty of backup to make it happen on this one.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fording kit isn't going to happen anytime soon. There are hundreds of the kits still in the supply systems. It is still an active part and is not classified as obsolete yet according to the vendor I talked to. Thus, the price is what it is, and that's $715 plus shipping out of florida. I would think there are very few who would want to pay that and you get no benefit for doing a group buy at this point in time on that item.

3dAngus

OK, thanks for the feedback. I agree with you. Don't know of many who want to pay that kind of money for it. But.... there are at least 2.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, thanks for the feedback. I agree with you. Don't know of many who want to pay that kind of money for it. But.... there are at least 2.
There are several hundred. And that's just with the one vendor I talked with.

3dAngus

There are several hundred. And that's just with the one vendor I talked with.

Yep. When I said there were at least two, I meant two people who would pay that price. I am not allowed to mention where I saw that, as it is against the rules to mention any specific auction.

usmc320

Not to get this thread too off track, but have you had any response on the split brake parts you mentioned in the first post?

dabtl

The price for the hood handle is very good. I had four made, with the reinforcement plates, at a local shop. They cost $20 per.

This is a very good deal for all concerned.

And, it sure makes handling the hood easier.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to get this thread too off track, but have you had any response on the split brake parts you mentioned in the first post?
None, My gut feeling on those is that AMG is the producer and we all know they won't sell to civilians (unless you are a company that rehabs them). I am thinking If you want them to get the part numbers needed and have CSI or Eastern try and get them.

usmc320

None, My gut feeling on those is that AMG is the producer and we all know they won't sell to civilians (unless you are a company that rehabs them). I am thinking If you want them to get the part numbers needed and have CSI or Eastern try and get them.

Keep us posted if you happen to get anywhere with it. Looking forward to the hood handles btw.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is hood handle U-bolt only: 30 gone 0 to GO-BUY CLOSED

HNDRSONJ-5
DUG-2
USMC-320-1
Shootiniron-2
Fuzzytoaster-1
JSBird69-1
DHennon-1
Tahoe-1
Cattlerepairman-3
91W30-2
Ferro-4
SCSG-G4-7
Ok, Wendi got the U-bolts today delivered in the big brown truck. Picture enclosed. I was expecting a small flat rate box not UPS. Anyway, these suckers are heavy. I guess it just never occurred to me that there is over eleven inches of steel 3/8 rod in each one. The cost to me right now is $225.57, that's 7.53 each without them shipped to you guys-let's call it $7.50 each. With the weight of each, shipping them is $1.50 to just uder $2.00 ea depending on location. I want to call it $1.50 each regardless of location just to make it easier. I'll eat this little loss. Those with 4 or more, it fits in a flat rate envelope and is $5.00. Here's what the total will be:

1-$7.50+$1.50 ship=$9.00
2-$15.00+$3.00 ship=$18.00
3-$22.50+$4.50 ship=$27.00
4-$30.00+$5.00 ship=$35.00
7-$52.50+$5.00 ship=$57.50

Now I know this is slightly higher than the original price I guessed. If anyone wants to back out I totally understand and have no bad feelings. (if you do please PM so I can offer them to someone else, without waiting) This is the first time i've tried this and am learning as we go. I really am trying to get this as close to breaking even without losing money or making money so we can keep doing these things, shipping is a PITA. For those who wanted them originally, please paypal to HndrsonJ@aol.com and i'll get them out when Wendi brings them to New Orleans on the 4th. Again if you want to back out I understand. When you pay please PM me with the address AND YOUR SCREEN NAME just to make it easier for me to track. If you don't use paypal, pm me, and i'll send my address for a money order.

On another note. I found a cheap source for the flat stock that goes under the U-bolt. It is cut to size and is $1.05 each or $31.50 for the 30. I am getting ready to deploy again in a few weeks so I can't do it now. If someone else wants to step up and do that one I will give the info to whoever asks first. It would be safe to say with shipping they Would be $1.60 each to whoever does it and add $2.00 each for shipping to the buyer for the first two bought. After that it would be cheaper to send them in a flat rate envelope which is $5.00. Keep in mind this has to work for basically zero profit otherwise it has to be in the classifieds, that is why we were allowed to try it here.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oops, the pic enclosed. By the way lets not try to clog this up, use pm's and don't pay unless you were on the list. Extras to people backing out, will go by order of those I already have. Thanks. If anyone wants to do the flats-PM me!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks