• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ham Radio Operators / Steel Soldiers

hank2424

anyone have any ideas as to where I can finda am-598/u in working order and reasonably priced, also looking for a cx-2031/u battery cable. Please help.Hank

kentbrown

CQ CQ CQ

Hello, my name is Kent Brown with Callsign: AB6KB.
I've just gotten active on SS site, I currently have a 1951 M38 1/4 ton.
If you end up organizing the Hams, count me in!

Kent Brown
AB6KB

DieselBob

Well I spent a few weeks reading through the ARRL ham radio license guide and doing the online tests at several sites and sat for the Technician exam on 10/12 and scored 100%. Now on to the General....:smile:

bchauvette

Recently passed my Technical test but getting my call letters is delayed because of the shut down. Our C.E.R.T. group want to used the M944 a command/communication vehicle. Perhaps using the S.E.E. as a repeater deployment vehicle.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After living a few miles from the site of the largest HAMvention in the world I figured it was about time to get mine. My boss is teaching a class for a local CERT in January and we take the Technician Class test right after for $15 outside Cincinnati.

Evidently the craze now is the Baofeng 2 meter radios for $35 each.

plode

KC2GYU here.

General class.

Just bought a used Yaesu FT-2000 off a local Ham, I plan on putting the Kenwood TS-480SAT that it replaced in this M923 I might buy.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay the class was postponed but since I wanted to take the test I checked and they had an exam about 60 miles from work so I went.

I took the Tech then General then Extra. I did expect to pass the first two and was surprised how well I did on the Extra without studying. I'll study and take it in two weeks.

I studied four hours last Sat and four more Monday night and got a couple hours in during work and that was it. I would say I'm a quick study but I'm not. I started in a TV shop repairing radios and TVs at 13 and by the time I graduated HS I had had two years of formal schooling and then the Navy training in electronics.

Guess I'll see what the FCC gives me in a few days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks