• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ham Radio Operators / Steel Soldiers

hank2424

anyone have any ideas as to where I can finda am-598/u in working order and reasonably priced, also looking for a cx-2031/u battery cable. Please help.Hank

kentbrown

CQ CQ CQ

Hello, my name is Kent Brown with Callsign: AB6KB.
I've just gotten active on SS site, I currently have a 1951 M38 1/4 ton.
If you end up organizing the Hams, count me in!

Kent Brown
AB6KB

DieselBob

Well I spent a few weeks reading through the ARRL ham radio license guide and doing the online tests at several sites and sat for the Technician exam on 10/12 and scored 100%. Now on to the General....:smile:

bchauvette

Recently passed my Technical test but getting my call letters is delayed because of the shut down. Our C.E.R.T. group want to used the M944 a command/communication vehicle. Perhaps using the S.E.E. as a repeater deployment vehicle.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After living a few miles from the site of the largest HAMvention in the world I figured it was about time to get mine. My boss is teaching a class for a local CERT in January and we take the Technician Class test right after for $15 outside Cincinnati.

Evidently the craze now is the Baofeng 2 meter radios for $35 each.

plode

KC2GYU here.

General class.

Just bought a used Yaesu FT-2000 off a local Ham, I plan on putting the Kenwood TS-480SAT that it replaced in this M923 I might buy.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay the class was postponed but since I wanted to take the test I checked and they had an exam about 60 miles from work so I went.

I took the Tech then General then Extra. I did expect to pass the first two and was surprised how well I did on the Extra without studying. I'll study and take it in two weeks.

I studied four hours last Sat and four more Monday night and got a couple hours in during work and that was it. I would say I'm a quick study but I'm not. I started in a TV shop repairing radios and TVs at 13 and by the time I graduated HS I had had two years of formal schooling and then the Navy training in electronics.

Guess I'll see what the FCC gives me in a few days.