• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 07!!! lets get a move on it!!

Opie

Steel Soldiers,
Come on, come on, however you are! If you have to be the Virginia Column's "advance vehicle" in a civilian POV, that's hunky-dory by me.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who's getting anxious? After meeting everyone at Aberdeen, I am seriously ready for some offroading with the guys(and gals)! Right now, looks like I will have the Deuce, jeep, camper, and maybe my hillbilly race mowers. Bringing along 2 friends, Chris, who was there in years past, and another guy that was finally able to get time off. Lots of work to get ready, but I will be there!

Dennis

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gilbert21/2ton said:
hey im in and all probley be bringing off road diesel well at lest i am going to try to make it if i come people can convoy with me
I'd convoy with you - I think FE and I were interested in heading up in a column from VA, we can meet up with you en route.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoo-hooo!! Yes Stretch, I am getting anxious also.

Guys (and girls), look at the calendar, we are only three weeks away!!! Start making plans and getting time off now!

Please bring your MVs. ( There are plenty of mild, dirt road trails if you want to take it easy, and plenty of nasty stuff if you want to get dirty). . . . but if you can't, then you are just as welcome in your civy vehicle. We had plenty of empty seats on the trails last year. I should have my deuce and 5-ton there.

Also, I am only about 7 miles from the Cincinnati airport (CVG). Then another 49 miles from my house to Haspin. If any of you guys from way far away (i.e. K. Engle, Stansbury brothers, etc.) want to fly in, I can shuttle you to the site. . . . Primitive camping is available at Haspin, or hotels and rental cars are close to the airport if you want to be self-sufficient.

Hopefully, it is not to late to get some t-shirts made. I like the green ones that Chris used last year. A small string of text on the front left (pocket sized) that says:

Steel Soldiers 3rd Annual
Haspin Acres Off-Road Rally
June 2007
Blah, blah, blah

And a big graphic on the back, maybe. . . . . . . . . .

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I like those shirts Jeff. Wished I could come up for the event. I'm still recovering from the trip to Aberdeen. Why can't we get the airlines to fly at 8000 feet. You follks have fun in my absence. I'll get on the horn to JW4x4 to see if he's coming over.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, Kenny - almost didn't show for Aberdeen and now you're backing out of Haspin. We gotta have a rally in Florida just so your lazy a$$ shows up with a truck! :)

jfnemt1ff1

Ok now iam hook,I am going to try to make it. This time I think I will Take the M35 and tow the Goat. I dont know if I will be up to another road trip in the goat the soon. And I just again have to say great job JWC for a great to Aberdeen

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hehe, I never do Haspin and I did go to the FL Roundup. As far as lazy, I did the 2300 mile trip in 2005 and have done 700 miles in a day towing 15,000#. When you can top that, you can call me lazy. The only person here who can call me lazy in reference to deuce driving is Cranetruck, besides, I failed to see your truck at Aberdeen and you live within spittin distance!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Recovry4x4 said:
Hehe, I never do Haspin and I did go to the FL Roundup. As far as lazy, I did the 2300 mile trip in 2005 and have done 700 miles in a day towing 15,000#. When you can top that, you can call me lazy. The only person here who can call me lazy in reference to deuce driving is Cranetruck, besides, I failed to see your truck at Aberdeen and you live within spittin distance!
:lol: :lol:

Troubling as it may be, I will not be making the three-peat trip to Haspin this year. I was considering flying in, but then my wife just reminded me that it is the same weekend as the Virginia Optometric Convention, which I have already agreed to attend. Hmmm, a weekend with a bunch of SS members in the woods drinking brews or a weekend of fighting to stay awake in CE lectures. :evil:

Opie

SS: I'm sure I can score an eye chart from the hospital and we can discuss the importance of wearing safety goggles during maintenance procedures. That's enough to make it a "Professional Educational Opportunity" for the Tax Man, isn't it?

oilcan

Hey, I finally got the go ahead to take the time off work to attend. Gonna try to meet up with gimp at his shack, then head in from there.

The M715 is still in a garage-coma, but the deuce is chomping at the bit for a road trip!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Who is planning on getting there when? I was wondering if we want to try and get the same spot as last time. I thought it worked out nice and not too far from the showers.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I guess the t-shirt idea is a big hit . . . :oops:

oilcan said:
Hey, I finally got the go ahead to take the time off work to attend. ...<snip>... but the deuce is chomping at the bit for a road trip!
Hey Adam, Glad you can make it!

Yea Gimp, I agree. The spot we had last year with the picnic shelter is good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks