• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 09 pics etc

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey Oilcan ---

Is that my old M818 that grounded bought?!?!

WHAT in the H*LL did you guys do to it! Is the frame bent now?

rofl
Nope, thats one of Adam's 818s. Believe it or not, that looked bad cause of the frame flex. Once he got out of the hole, everything popped right back in place. Looked like a wrecking ball hit it didn't it!?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife and I were coming back from our 5th anniversary vacation in Amish Country (Ohio) on Sunday June 14th around 3:00 p.m. We were westbound on I-70 between Columbus and Springfield. We saw two green trucks traveling eastbound and down. A deuce, and a deuce with a boom, (I thought it was a wrecker from the side). One of them towing a hard-side camper. Kipman tells me this was Stretch. (The driver did seem tall). :driver:
Anyway, I'm here to report a Steel Soldier sighting. :jumpin:

I sure have missed a lot since I got my deuce. :roll:

I'll say it one more time. "Maybe next year." :oops:

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp's right Bill. I showed up with my Dodge 4x4 and travel trailer and hitched rides with Maddawg, Oilcan(Trashcan) and Matt.

Good times, good food and good people.

sw

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for sharing.....and making some of us feeling bad for not being ready for the trip ourselves.
I'm secretly planning for the drive to Cabell's rally in September with the 8x8, ....historic tags minimal insurance, roadworthy tires.....

CGarbee

Thank you all for sharing.....and making some of us feeling bad for not being ready for the trip ourselves.
I'm secretly planning for the drive to Cabell's rally in September with the 8x8, ....historic tags minimal insurance, roadworthy tires.....
Bjorn,
I have a tire for you from Joe Trapp, just need to figure out when I can swing by your place to deliver it...

Also, we are getting things ready for that 8x8 at the farm... Can't wait to see it running down the trials. :)

Next year, you could just fall into the convoy to Haspin with Ferro, Maddawg, and myself...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Joe sent me a msg about that, no rush, just hang on to it for now, thank you. I should have the six Goodyears some time this weekend and that will do me for roadworthyness with several originals to spare.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
I have a tire for you from Joe Trapp, just need to figure out when I can swing by your place to deliver it...

Also, we are getting things ready for that 8x8 at the farm... Can't wait to see it running down the trials. :)

Next year, you could just fall into the convoy to Haspin with Ferro, Maddawg, and myself...

Which route did you take? I-81 through VA?

Also, I have no idea how Westy's hubs got unlocked!
Yeah, I thought Westy was just playing around and showing off - he DID make it through that hole with just RWD!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$240 of Dad's money for fuel
$120 of Dad's money for groceries
hours of effort by Dad to get ready for the trip
going for a ride in Mrs. Doghead's golf cart...priceless

-signed Deuce Biganslow's little boys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had an awesome time. This was our first rally, and I'm definitely planning to go next year...but next time, I'm going to spend more time there! Even with all the preparation, the long drive, and the hours of clean up (I scraped up a half-wheelbarrow load of mud off the street in front of my house and still have some work to do!)...it was all worth it.

Hopefully next year I'll get to BS around the campfire a little - the boys went to bed fairly early this year, so I didn't get to visit with everyone as much as I had hoped to.

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming.

Great people + awesome trucks = fun time!

Mark

CGarbee

Which route did you take? I-81 through VA?
I met up with Ferro at the junction of Interstates 74 and 77 near Mt. Airy, NC. We then rode up I-77 to Beckley, WV, where we met up with Maddawg... Maddawg drove down I-81 from his place and cut over on I-64...

Thought about stopping by on the return trip when we passed the Hillsville exit, but it had already been a long day...

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My camera spent most of its time in my trailer. :roll:
But my old buddy Randy (who stopped in on Saturday) took a number of pics. Click on the link below to view:
http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=racinrudy&P=&AID=5879264&Pres=Y

then click on the [Watch Show] tab near the top,
then click the [FULL SCREEN] tab at the bottom for big resolution.

If anyone wants a full size copy of the photos shown, he will email them if you provide an address.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
you know you guys stink! Right after the 2WD mud hole I stuffed it in a really really nasty one. If oilcan did not tell me my hubs were unlocked I would have had to swim down about 2 feet in the mud to lock them. I just got home (over 3200 miles this week) so I will post all of them and the vids tomorrow after work.

oilcan

Yup, not sure Ga was as bad. Adam? Eric? Amy? What say you?
I think GA was a bit worse. If you didn't hit the trails at exactly the right speed, you'd drop the nose onto the low side and have zero control. On the other hand, I didn't have to shovel 300 pounds of mud off the back of the tractor twice in one weekend at "the plantation".

Hey Oilcan ---

Is that my old M818 that grounded bought?!?!

WHAT in the H*LL did you guys do to it! Is the frame bent now?

rofl
That's just a little frame flex. Jeepers pay big money for that kind of articulation! And it's the same tractor I drove to the GA rally one day after picking it up from the GL lot last october.

Gotta wonder just how many folks got stuck :?::?:
I think pretty much everyone got at least a little stuck at one point or another. I even (happily) took a strap from westy's little 1009.

you know you guys stink! Right after the 2WD mud hole I stuffed it in a really really nasty one. If oilcan did not tell me my hubs were unlocked I would have had to swim down about 2 feet in the mud to lock them. I just got home (over 3200 miles this week) so I will post all of them and the vids tomorrow after work.
My sense of humor is just as crummy as everyone else here, but sometimes I just feel bad for a guy. Plus, I had to change a shear pin under water a few months ago and I know stuff like that can bring on the negative waves.

westechs_wifey

Hey Guys ...I have all the pictures finally uploaded to my computer so here they come :popcorn::wink:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks