• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

i talked with the folks down there when we went to look at the 2 i bought at ft knox and they are all runners but my thinking is i would rather drive mine down and tow it back because i know my truck and trust it and know nuthing of the other one . so i would tow it but like i said they are all suppose to be very good trucks we will be down there some time as i have a trailer to pickup and andy has 2 trucks and hatteras has 1 so we will be there just not sure when if ya need help let me no and will help anyway we can.

Sumoman

I won one of those, It did look like one buyer was getting them all... so thank you Roger for letting me win my bid;-)

Nice and clean, I am glad to hear he thinks they are all runners.. or maybe thats why he let me win mine....hmmmmm

Sumoman

As for Haspin is this Haspin Acres in In, or what? Sorry for such a newbie comment but I havent a clue where this is held. I would like to come, my wife wants to go camping, maybe I explain the whole MV thing when we get there:twisted:

Rattlehead

Are there milder trails than the thumbnail below? Don't think I could get my van box deuce through that without flipping it over or crushing the box on some low tree limbs.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Um, that's one of the roughest spots. Usually a way around the rougher areas, plenty of easy trails.

Dennis

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Actually Stretch, its not that rough of a spot, just a member that hadn't off roaded his deuce much. There is always easy bypasses at Haspin. (not much lawn) but easy bypasses.

Sumoman

My wife actually said she'd go... Now I just need to explain where the truck came from:-D

Actually this will work well, I have a Jeep that I have dropped some solid $$ into and use as a farm truck, I can take the license off and use it in the MUD, tow it with the deuce. Just need to get a snorkle and mess with the exhaust a bit.

joeypushjr1

hey guys im new since nov 08 and ive started seeing rallys yall been putting together and i was looking into the one in NC but the guy running that turned me in the direction for haspin .. wow a heack of alot closer yall can count me in .. um is there somewhere on here i have to go to but my ill be there stamp. there are alot of pages for this on here and with the way this comp is working itll take me a while to read them all to find out but im getting there i would love to come ive checked the camp site out on the net and looks like a blast.. thanx for anything eles you can get to me to put me in the right direction.. thankyou.....joe

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14 Show up to have fun. Thats about it. The fees are posted on the Haspin website, we do get a tad of a discount I think since we have such a big group. I'll have to check and verify.

Sumoman

Count me in Boss! I will do whatever I can to help you out. I just got a kitchen tent from Joe Trapp(thanks Joe) so we can have some extra shelter for the rally.
I was half wanting to buy a GP large from GL, that would be a hell of a tent for camping.. I could park my truck inside with a few modifications to the tent:-D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was half wanting to buy a GP large from GL, that would be a hell of a tent for camping.. I could park my truck inside with a few modifications to the tent:-D
You ever set up a GP Large? Trust me, don't buy it. You need 10 guys to set it up. You can get a GP Medium for your camping and truck covering needs, it is large enough for the job, and is a bear for 4 guys to set up. I've seen one guy set one up, but it took him all day.

We don't need a big tent or a pavilion to camo under. There is a large concrete-pad pavilion that we always seem to get onsite. Stretch shows up early and snags it on Wednesday, when noone is there, and we're good all weekend long.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remind me to bring a broom and pressure washer for the pavilion, it's always a mess. Will this be year 5 then? 05, 06, 07, 08, and now 09...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks