• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help (SOS) for flyusn99

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Were planning on checking that out Bob. And checking the tranny oil, t case and the other stuff. Thanks for the tip reminding me. Were leaving real early Wed morning so we have all morning to get it ready for the road and pick up the M105. -Jay

Srjeeper

Jay, they're calling for another big storm to move in Tues. night into Wed.. Not sure the route it will be following up the coast, but could equal the last storm if all goes bad.

Please don't push your luck, be careful brothers.

2cents

MitchG

Hy guys I'll throw in my two cents as well. I am just below Columbia S.C and if I can be of any assistance please let me know. I have plenty of room for storage and a good sized shop for repairs if necessary. If you can't get leave and need a driver or anythng just let me know. Be glad to help out however I can. If you need anyting on the road and you are near here just give me a shout on my cell. The number is 803.917.5898.

flyusn99

MitchG, thank you for the offer. I'll put your name in my trip book for installment two of "The Deuce recovery '10" saga. Hopefully, I won't need it.

Viper360, Thank you for the weather input. I thought to give you a call when I was on the side of the road but my step-father was already on the way to pick me up so I was doing alright on the ride angle. Thanks again for your previous offer of assistnace though.

Bulldog_Mac13, Thank you again for all the help. I'll give you a shout mid-morning Wednesday as we discussed on the phone. Godspeed......

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any update? I just looked at the weather radar and it's still snowing in DC and to the north and east. Looks to be no more accumulation for south of there about 25-30 miles on I-95, so if Jay can get clear and the snowplows are able to clear the lanes I would expect a report almost any time now. Right now it's windy and clear here in SC.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Sorry , I dropped the ball on posting. We went up Tuesday due to the storm Wed., Rob his dad and myself to get the truck. It was all ready to go and then the tranny problem was found. It does sounds like a box or marbles , we pulled the top cover off the tranny and you can see in the pictures what it was. Also the oil was about as think or less than motor oil with alot of bubbles in it and coffe black. And it seems the grounding strap to the bell housing wasnt put on(might have had something to do with the alt. going out also).

We did tow his very very nice M105A2 back this way while we were there to save towing it at a later point.

Long days story short, it needs a new tranny so we will tow it down to John Winslows or White Owl and have a new one installed in the next few days. James will be flying up the weekend after this one to pick her up and contine his way home.
-Jay B

Attachments

flyusn99

Guys,
Sorry for not posting anything in a bit, I've been traveling. The Truck is now down in NC and is slated to have a low-milage transmission put in tomorrow. As usual Rob and Jay are and have been God-sent, hooking me up with local connections for parts and repair work.
Rob and Jay are heading over tomorrow to take some pictures of the new tranny going in and I will be taking leave again this weekend to fly up to Raleigh to link back up with Rob and Jay and begin recovery Part II.... More to follow....

James

Green_gator

Good luck on the second half of your adventure. There will be a number of us around Orlando for the rally this weekend. Feel free to call me if you have any issues and need some help as you close in on Florida.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
The truck made it to our place last night. It spent a few days at Johns to put a new tranny,pilot bearing, seals and gakets and pressure plate. Then the jack shaft, all the drive shafts and floor boards and probably a bunch of stuff im misssing. Also we put on the reman alternator and its running great. Rob ,me ,and Dave ( Johns mechanic ) did all the work in about 3 1/2 hours. 3 guys working on it got it done quick. Also we made a nice holder for the batteries when we got it back at 11pm last night.

James is flying up in a few hours to pick it up . Rob and I are fixing the oil filters now, when the spin ons where installed they were either over torqued or under torqued so they leak pretty bad. So right now were takling that. -Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks