• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hho injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run my Cavalier on Turtle flatulence.

Stalwart

Ya it was a fun experiment, we even made a hydrogen launcher, kinda like a potato gun but using the generator to create hydrogen witch was plumb to back of launcher and ignited by a mechanical striker, could launch tennis balls about 300-400 feet.
Now THAT sounds like a worthwhile use for a water cracking apparatus I could appreciate and support, might give the Black Lab the fits though! :D

wdbtchr

I am the one who was talking about hho. I have it on my 98 gmc 1500
5.7 liter

this truck stock never got better than 17 mpg

I am currently getting 27 mpg on the hwy and 22 in the city

you have to make about 2 liters per minute per liter in the vehicle

it is not bunk it works
How do you generate almost 12 liters of hydrogen a minute? 2X5.7 per minute Thats a lot of electricity to separate the H & O in water and adjust the flow rate to match the rpm of the engine.:confused: I wonder if a multi-fuel will run on snake oil? and how many snakes per minute would you have to squeeze to get enough.

Fleg

I swear, every automotive forum I belong to some scam artist like this comes along. All you have to do is think about it for 5 seconds and if you don't realize how stupid it is then I have a bunch of HHO to sell you.

zerogas

what am I selling?
OK
I will do this to my vehicle. It is a 1986 blazer 44585 for Mileage.
I have already done this on a 5.7. You can choose to believe or not.
I will report my findings.
Now I am excited to prove you all wrong

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
what am I selling?
OK
Congrats on breaking the laws of thermodynamics. Hopefully that will be enough for you to peddle your blueprints, information packets, or whatever bunch of bulk NPT to hose barb fittings you have as stock.

Stalwart

what am I selling?
OK
Gassy, when you come out with your first peer reviewed article in a scientific journal I'll listen, otherwise your opinions are useless noise. Additionally that will not PROVE ANYTHING, it will just make your THEORY worth listening to.

So many people of marginal schooling think they can bend or break known laws, history is littered with your failures! Your successes . . . lets just say you'd be the first to break the law of thermodynamics. :roll:

GENTLEMEN, for his next trick of alchemy, Gassy will be turning his Blazer into GOLD!

stampy

Just curious, but if propane injection helps to increase the burn efficiency of diesel to upper 90% from low 80% thus giving you more power how could HHo not help to increase power and fuel efficiency? I would think you wouldn't need a lot of gas to make ideal burn conditions for a diesel though. Of course you would have to turn down the IP and install engine monitoring or at least a EGT so you didn't melt your pistons. I am NOT saying that you are getting "free energy" but once your batteries SOC is full there is very little load pulled on the alernators to run (most) of the electrical so why not? Also ( with respect to all of those who have WAY more mechanical ability/ or scientific knowlege than I do) looks like they may have proven the theory of relativity false so I hope some "crackpot scientist" or do it yourselfer does come up with a better way and encourage them trying. Breakthroughs are rarely accomplished by those "following the rules". Just my 2cents

Stalwart

Stampy, the difference is you have to MAKE the HHO in the truck. You don't have to MAKE the propane. If you could make the HHO with say, solar or wind, there MAY be a cost bennefit. For every watt you pull out of the alternator you have to burn MORE FUEL! You cannot get around this by thinking differently. Those who came up with new ways of doing things stiill had to stay WITHIN the laws of physics. They just used, if successful, a more efficient approach but the laws were neither bent nor broken. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

jdeoliveira74

Stampy, the difference is you have to MAKE the HHO in the truck. You don't have to MAKE the propane. If you could make the HHO with say, solar or wind, there MAY be a cost bennefit. For every watt you pull out of the alternator you have to burn MORE FUEL! You cannot get around this by thinking differently. Those who came up with new ways of doing things stiill had to stay WITHIN the laws of physics. They just used, if successful, a more efficient approach but the laws were neither bent nor broken. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

So if we installed a solar panel on the roof and say hooked up two additional batteries to it this may actually work?? No extra strain on the engine... But could it produce enough hydrogen to make a difference?

Stalwart

So if we installed a solar panel on the roof and say hooked up two additional batteries to it this may actually work?? No extra strain on the engine... But could it produce enough hydrogen to make a difference?
Yes and no. To make enough electricity to provide any useable amount of gas, you'd need a HUGE expanse of solar panels. It takes a relatively enormous amount of power to crack water. Your batteries would be sucked flat VERY quickly. Solar has a VERY low power density and hydrogen doesn't store well. Because of the extreemly small H2 molecule, leakage with hydrogen is more of a challenge than you'd likely ever experienced before. I haven't done the calculations, not worth the effort with the power density and expense at this time, but it most likely be hundreds of sq.ft. of panels to make a small amount of gas.

If you'd like to continue down this avenue, you'd be better served to have a small solar farm that cracks the water and compresses the gas to 5000psi or so. In short, you'll spend MANY, MANY thousands to save a bit of fuel. The reason propane works is that God or nature (your choice) has made the fuel for you. The energy to make the fuel was expended in the past.

BTW, don't even think of adding windmills to your truck to provide power. There is a very funny YouTube video of some Japanese men doing this to make electricity to drive their car, but it doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Stalwart

I was watching Dateline NBC's coverage on the subject over on YouTube . . . VERY funny! They actually got a bit more mileage when they turned it off. The guy behind this whole SCAM now has a Pre Ignition Catalytic Converter that will give you up to 5x your fuel economy! It just gets better and better!

Our testing has led us to believe that the Pre Ignition Catalytic Converter technology will increase the mileage of all personal vehicles to well over 100 miles per gallon (city or highway).

Don't worry Gassy, I'm not laughing WITH you . . . :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks