• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hho injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner

I am the one who was talking about hho. I have it on my 98 gmc 1500
5.7 liter

this truck stock never got better than 17 mpg

I am currently getting 27 mpg on the hwy and 22 in the city

you have to make about 2 liters per minute per liter in the vehicle

it is not bunk it works
Looks like some folks here are comparing gasser motors to diesel... and the HHO kits are a load of horse-rubbish.

Please - Show scientific proof of gains versus anecdotal 'evidence'... people will take you more seriously.

The automaker that takes advantage of this 'technology' will have people beating a path to their door to buy the cars so equipped - the reason that automakers haven't persued this path to 'free energy' is because IT DOESN'T WORK.

Period.

'Tanner'

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The automaker that takes advantage of this 'technology' will have people beating a path to their door to buy the cars so equipped - the reason that automakers haven't persued this path to 'free energy' is because IT DOESN'T WORK.

Period.

'Tanner'
It always surprises me that all these snake oil salesmen always tell you that there is some sort of conspiracy with the automakers as to why they don't use these "fuel saving" devices. The government is constantly breathing down their throat for higher MPG and high MPG is the major selling point these days.

The fact is that all the automakers have a vast engineering staff that is trying to squeeze every mile they can out of a gallon of gas or diesel. They would love to build a car that ran on water if it worked.

If you want to waste your time and money on a HHO generator suit yourself. I'll pass.

Iceman3005

Its funny you say that about the auto makers, I find it very ironic that my neighbors 57 Pontiac gets 22-24 mpg, yet my 2003 Pontiac only gets 21-22 mpg. His 57 Pontiac is a v-8 347, has a carburetor and no electronics yet gets better gas mileage than my v-6 3.4L with all its so called fuel saving computer, superior fuel injection, etc, etc, etc, that is supposedly there too help my car get better fuel mileage.............kinda of ironic don't you think. also should add his car weighs about 2000 pounds more than mine.

Iceman3005

Here is another interesting fact, why is it that my friends 93 dodge cummins gets 23-25 mpg and all these wonderful fuel saving dodge diesels there coming out with are barely getting 14mpg? Looks like a scam too me.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its funny you say that about the auto makers, I find it very ironic that my neighbors 57 Pontiac gets 22-24 mpg, yet my 2003 Pontiac only gets 21-22 mpg. His 57 Pontiac is a v-8 347, has a carburetor and no electronics yet gets better gas mileage than my v-6 3.4L with all its so called fuel saving computer, superior fuel injection, etc, etc, etc, that is supposedly there too help my car get better fuel mileage.............kinda of ironic don't you think. also should add his car weighs about 2000 pounds more than mine.
If the figures you list are true (I have no reason to believe they aren't) I would imagine it has to do with all the emissions on the newer cars (government mandated). There is no conspiracy though.

The fact still remains that if you put a HHO generator on either car you'll be wasting your money. :-D

Iceman3005

This guy thought outside the box just like zerogas, here is the link: Shade Tree Conversions at Shade Tree Conversions.
Another man that thought outside the box was Tesla, he could send electricity wireless through the air and power an entire house, and that was back in the early 1900's. Just my2cents. Just think you shouldn't bash something because it is new, we don't understand it, or it is different.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is another interesting fact, why is it that my friends 93 dodge cummins gets 23-25 mpg and all these wonderful fuel saving dodge diesels there coming out with are barely getting 14mpg? Looks like a scam too me.
Ok I'll bite. What do the automakers stand to gain by decreasing MPG in newer vehicles?

CSM Davis, The fuel cell car does use hydrogen but it doesn't make it from water like the HHO generators do. I've got a paper on the fuel cell. It's been a while since I read it but it basically uses hydrogen to make electricity in the fuel cell. The exhaust is water and something else (CO2 I think). I'll read up on it and report back.

Stalwart

If that 1993 had to have the level of EGR and DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) and other emissions equipment, it would be getting mileage in the 14's too. If you want to complain, just three letters: EPA . . . along with misguided presidents and members of congress (both parties, one is a but more trouble though).

BTW, stock for stock, the new ones make TWICE the power and torque of the old '93 too!

Stalwart

Another man that thought outside the box was Tesla, he could send electricity wireless through the air and power an entire house, and that was back in the early 1900's. Just my2cents. Just think you shouldn't bash something because it is new, we don't understand it, or it is different.
Yeah, that worked out really well didn't it! We using that technology today are we? I know plenty of people are using his name to offer "free electricity" generators.

Scamming people out of their hard earned money isn't new!!!

I give up, go invest in this junk, I really don't care! It's your loss, my laughter. :mrgreen:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank the EPA. Wanna know why? Emissions.

Guess what happened to my wife's Liberty CRD after I bypassed the EGR, and helped the intake and exhaust? I suddenly went from 23-25mpg to 27-34mpg. All by removing/bypassing the emissions crap.

New Dodges can still net 20+ mpg. With EGR and DPF deletes.

Your friends dodge gets 20+ mpg because it's turned down to only 160hp and has absolutely no form of emissions control on it. Heck the crankcase vent is an open draft tube.

Want to see great mileage on a diesel? Keep the boost under 5psi and the pre-turbo EGT's under 600F.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This guy thought outside the box just like zerogas, here is the link: Shade Tree Conversions at Shade Tree Conversions.
That's not thinking outside the box. Anybody with a fair amount of mechanical skills can yank a V8 out of a old Ford and replace it with a small diesel engine. He talks like in the vid that it's something revolutionary to put a diesel engine into a pickup. Those trucks probably get good mileage but would be severely lacking on power. I think he said the engine in the F150 was turning out 60hp.

rhinob

1994 Mercedes-Benz S350 Turbo Diesel:

Without HHO = 26.3 mpg

With HHO = 29.9 mpg

Needless to say, this blew my mind. After completing a 1400 mile drive to FL and back, I believe it has an effect on the mileage. Only change I made to the car was to add an ML430 alternator which took my 90 amp alternator up to 150 amps to accommodate the draw.

idM1028

Without HHO = 26.3 mpg

With HHO = 29.9 mpg

Needless to say, this blew my mind. After completing a 1400 mile drive to FL and back, I believe it has an effect on the mileage.
Maybe so, but not that much. H***, the companies that make water/methanol injection systems claim the things can increase your mileage by 1-3MPG. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SNO-47005/
And they still want stupid amounts of money for them. I once did the math to figure out how long it would take for one of these things to pay for itself and came to the conclusion that I would have to drive somewhere around 40,000+ miles with the system running all the time before the fuel savings would allow me to break even.

ss_storm

Hydrogen burns at 932 °F in a flash explosion type of burn, very different from the gas or diesel in your engine-

This is mostly been discussed but wanted to add a little from what I've learned.
(great first post right?!)

The theory behind HHO increasing your gas mileage is really quite simple, try to maximize the amount of fuel burning in your cylinder and minimize how much is wasted out the exhaust. I actually went to some classes for this and it turned out to be a total waste of money because on modern cars with 02 sensors ect you can not go past a "safety" point... the AFR has to be around 14.7:1 "the stoichiometric ratio" some cars will run leaner like a 17:1 lean cruise but not consistently leaner simply because you have added some unknown gas to the engine.

What I'm trying to say is by the time the hydrogen has done any good the computer sees less unburned fuel in the exhaust says "Oh poop were runnin too lean lets dump more fuel in" and than you loose any benefits you could have obtained.

So unless you manually turn the fuel down to the point you feel a power drop than richen it up a little from that point you aren't going to get any improvements from just pumping this junk into your engine, you are actually doing more harm than good because of the extra heat you are adding to the engine.

I have installed these kits on many vehicles and have stopped doing it because I saw no LASTING mileage gains and it seems too risky.

I installed one on my 4.6l ford f150 2wd. I tested it at 14mpg did all the work than tested it again and got 28mpg! next tank 20mpg next tank 14mpg.
Not worth it.

Last edited:

Fleg

Without HHO = 26.3 mpg

With HHO = 29.9 mpg

Needless to say, this blew my mind. After completing a 1400 mile drive to FL and back, I believe it has an effect on the mileage. Only change I made to the car was to add an ML430 alternator which took my 90 amp alternator up to 150 amps to accommodate the draw.

Cool, you took at normally 35mpg car and got 29mpg out of it!!

I got similar results recently, driving smarter. Not every stop light is a race. I don't need to get somewhere fastest. The speed limit is just that, the limit. Not what I have to drive at. I anticipate stop lights and coast more. I imagine a egg under my right foot rather then a brick. I'd rather do a long stretch of road that is 35mph vs. a road with a bunch of stop lights that is 45mph.

I've easily increased my milage by 3-5mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks