• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's for sale, no longer maybe, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes myself and others got a infraction for saying a date and I asked what's the the difference if I say it or it's right up there in the bold and lit up for all to see.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be happy to change the thread title. Once we have some new owners. All it takes is the right (or wrong from our view) person to stop all of this dead in it's tracks.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
What he is saying is someone somewhere could easily complain or bring up some obscure law reg or other bs and put the quabash on the whole thing before it ever gets off the ground.

Stonepicker1

FYI,
Here in Florida, I have went across the state with my team picking up M998 and transporting them to DRMO at Camp Blanding for turn-in.

The first few batches that we picked-up were in bad shape, they have been deadline at Armories or Maintenance Shops for a long time . Most had engine problems with parts removed, wires cut, or bad parts switched out for good ones. We had to forklift them on and off the trailers.

The last 45 HMMWV's were in great shape, they started and were able to drive them onto and off the trailer. Some Military units drove there HMMWV's right to Camp Blanding for turn-in if they were close. I still have a mission pending for 41 HMMW's in Miami.

I was at Camp Blanding this past Thursday turning in a water trailer, most of the HMMWV's ( more than 50 that were in the lot ) were picked-up by the "Forestry department" / "Police Dept" / and "????" just last week. What is left are now being moved to another location on Blanding so they can be sold.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The last 45 HMMWV's were in great shape, they started and were able to drive them onto and off the trailer. Some Military units drove there HMMWV's right to Camp Blanding for turn-in if they were close. I still have a mission pending for 41 HMMW's in Miami.
I was at Camp Blanding this past Thursday turning in a water trailer, most of the HMMWV's ( more than 50 that were in the lot ) were picked-up by the "Forestry department" / "Police Dept" / and "????" just last week. What is left are now being moved to another location on Blanding so they can be sold.

Anybody care to speculate on which ones were hand picked out of the whole lot?

Most of what will be sold will be the ones that are in semi rough shape. A lot of agencies (for what ever reason) want these vehicles until they find out what maint requirements and parts costs are. Several of the smaller towns around here have them sitting out in their side lots gathering dust or being used to strip parts off of to keep the others running.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly I'd rather find one with a bad engine... Wonder if they'll start surplusing non-runners?

Status
Not open for further replies.