• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hotshot Transportation Co. - looking for loads

dm22630

He said that my M816 was too big for him to haul. Does anyone have a suggestion for someone to haul it from Ohio to Texas?

Jim

The shipper I have used to move almost 20 trucks for me is:

KAR TRANSPORT
(757) 497-5501

Ask for Wayne (the owner) & tell him Daniel in Front Royal, VA sent you.

I highly recommend them as a shipper.

Thanks!

mdcarriers

Did you want me to give you a quote on the 5 ton from Ohio to TX? I will be hauling another 5 ton from NC to Sandusky, OH in the next few days. Just waiting on EUC.

Monkeyboyarmy

Eric and Outlaw made it to my place before lunch on saturday.Drove the A3 off and pulled the A2 off with the 1009 and Eric's remote control winch (totally cool set-up).It seemed to be dragging a little bit but we got it unloaded.Found out later that it doesn't have an air-shift transfer case.:oops: (someone needs to make a data tag up for the dash) Our dogs found a little mud and I showed Eric the rest of the iron.Good news is he said that I am leading in the number of vehicles so far :-D,but the bad news is that he is hauling a bunch more for other guys :cry:,like jay??? maybe?I was trying to get him a load outta my place as well but didn't work out.Fantastic to work with.Hope to use his services again,hopefully hauling out more than he hauls in though.Thanks Eric.

Now on to the trucks.Didn't get to mess with the A3 much.Focused on the A2.As many of you may know,I tried to get this truck running at Redstone.It was drained of fuel and said "Will Not Run" on the windshield.They let me go get 5 gallons of fuel and CAREFULLY pour it in.No spills permitted!Got fuel up to the filters and cranked and cranked and cranked.No fire.Since the truck had no brakes as well,I just felt that it would pay to have it hauled.The whole way home I was thinking "I should have checked the fuel shut-off lever".Once I got it home,I topped off the oil,slaved it and pulled the cover off of the pump.Sure enough,the fuel shut-off was stuck in the off position.Sprayed some penetrant,moved the arm back and forth until it freed up,put the cover back on and hit the start button.Roared to life in about 2 turns.What a sweet and strong running D motor.Added anti-freeze( it was drained) and added brake fluid (was drained also,rear most brake line was loose).Got some leaks to fix and brakes to bleed but what a nice truck.Fresh paint,door seals,nice tires,winch looks hardly used with a brand new hook and chain,plastic battery box,body is about perfect,except where GL put a fork through my tail light and mud flap support when they were trying to load it.BTW,the cargo cover that was rolled up in the cab when I bought it came up missing.Let's just say I couldn't bitch cus they could do the same.Anyway,the hauling was money well spent.I hope to drive one of these to Findlay the middle of the month.

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to do this..... I debated getting into the hotshot business transferring S/S members iron on my time off....... Congrats on filling a need Eric!

zb39

Eric dropped off 2 dueces wed morn. As usual everything was great. He even helped me get them up to my parking space. Neither would start, but later both did with a jump. Am hopping to see him fri with 2 more...:-D Maybe I should sell some..

mdcarriers

Eric, This is Mike with MD Carriers. I had a guy looking to haul a truck from Ft Campbell to NE TN. If you are interested, I can try to contact for you. I also have 4 trucks at Redstone going to S GA that I could use some help on and a 5 ton dump truck going from Dayton, OH to Denton , TX. I quoted $2.00 per mile, but you can make your own quotes. Let me know if you are interested in any of these. My cell is 423-432-9493. Mike Hatfield

n3sq

heavy in Binghamton, NY - Looking for loads heading west

Eric (heavy) is dropping near Binghamton, NY dropping off an M353 trailer today for me and he is looking for partial loads moving west towards Ohio.

Alex

heavy

Time Now--- I am at the Petro truck stop in Dupont, PA. I still have open trailer space going to Ohio. I can also take a load going to NC, SC, GA, FL. Will be departing here in AM.

heavy

Delivered another pair of Deuces to "atankersdad" last night here in MD. Thanks Dudley.

From here I am headed south to Richmond, VA - Ft. Jackson, SC then to S. GA for the weekend.

Next week I have available trailer space from Jacksonville, FL going north to MD. Let me know if you have anything in the area.

The folowing week I will be headed S. of the border for a little R/R.... (but will still be setting up transportation for some other loads via sattelite.)

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you Eric. Members, I cannot say enough good things about Eric and his service. Twice he has recoved trucks for me from across the country and it was DRAMA-FREE!!! All of us work hard at our jobs and endute BS at work and sometimes at home. No one needs BS in their hobby. When dealing with this young man is a pleasure. I probably would not have gotten this second set of deuces more than 1000 miles away, but the first recovery went so well that I did it again. Needless to say the next 2 he gets for me will be 5 tons. (A certian member in Ft Royal has talked me into it, well that and 1 lot of HEMTT rims.)

Eric thank you for providing this service at the best price out there. Dudley

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wished he was on his way to MI with space for a short deuce. The clock is ticking and I need to get the blue M59 off the current property pretty soon.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone, I will be out of CONUS until 7/1. I am still working on existing loads and able to comunicate via email for quotes & PM.

ERIC~

I'm currently trying to buy something for you to haul, I hope you won't be "too busy" when vacation is over! Lol :mrgreen: !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks