• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How have you civilized your MEP Generators?

Triple Jim

This is awesome! I was wondering if anyone would ever get around to doing this.
I was planning on a spare, too. If the price is right (may I ask what you plan to sell them for?), count me in...

Ray
It's my understanding that we're not supposed to sell things in the forums, so I'll be posting the the classifieds when I get a few more done. I am trying to keep the price down to where it will be affordable. PM me if you like, and I'll try to be more specific.

Jimc

lol its hard to get something by me like that. i notice alot of little detail stuff like that. you know what i did with the data plates probably is about the same as what you end up doing with the board layout, just the software saves in a different format.

steelypip

I'm going to throw in a 'me too' here: I only have the one generator (at the moment), and I knew I needed a spare VR board, but was not in love with the idea of getting another of the same thing with the same flaws. If I can get an upgrade, so much the better! I suggest you put a 'surveying interest' post in the for sale section and see how many replies you get. A big enough response might lead you to a group buy, board fab and PnP operation.

edgephoto

Maybe you can sell the boards with a parts list and assembly instructions. This of course would be cheaper and you could sell many more quickly. I for one would buy a board with a component list.

steelypip

Maybe you can sell the boards with a parts list and assembly instructions. This of course would be cheaper and you could sell many more quickly. I for one would buy a board with a component list.
As would I. You could do it like MegaSquirt, where you get a board and can order a standard BOM from DigiKey or Newark with all the components required.

Harleyd315

Generator build

I have been working on this a while and now its up and running. Took an old frame, a rebuilt 003 engine I won, and then added some new modern parts. This is a 16kw stamford type generator with a solid state AVR. Only single phase but puts out 240volts @ 65 amps and the engine doesn't bog down a bit. I still have a couple of quirks to iron out but some parts are enroute and should have it complete next week.

Attachments

Harleyd315

Aluminum tank, 17 gals. I wanted bigger to give me almost a full 24 hours of run time but I couldn't find one with the space I had available. I am however going to build some type of aux fuel setup to feed it off a larger tank in the future.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thanks, I need to tweek that center hose. It gets in the way of the filter retaining ring. I also installed Special Ed's(spedmon) oil filter kit. Eventually, I will get to install Jimc's label kit!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks