• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want a deuce

m60hog

were to buy M35

HI. I live out in the boonies (Idaho Falls) and have search the internet for one for months. My avatar is truck I'm geting in may I found it at the Idaho motor pool most are 6500 with heeters in them. If you are back east try Russll's military vehicles in caro GA. Good luck[thumbzup]

Preacherboy

Well guys, I finally one a truck, w/w, cargo cover, heater, and hard top...all the options that I wanted! I was only $120 higher than my budget, but no trucks with winches went cheaper than that in the configuration I wanted.

The truck I won was fourth on my list, the first one on my list went for $2915.00! So it would have cost me over $3000 to get it.

I'll post a thread at recovery time to let you know all about my adventures.

Yohan

And now you must ask yourself, young Jedi... is a pink camo deuce better than say... no deuce? Be sure to post pics of that baby!!

:grd: :beer:

Last edited:

sti-nkr

I actually just bought my first MV today. off of Ebay, M35A2 with the airshift front axle and lockers apparently. I will find out tomorrow when I drive down to Tomball to pick her up. I'm not sure if its AMGeneral Kaiser or what. But I have wanted one of these since I was 16 and the guy down the road from my highschool was selling one.

dozer1

Hope all goes well Preacherboy on the deuce. I will be waiting to see the pics when you get it. I too am going to be a new deuce owner as I snagged 3 of them wo/w that same day that you got yours. Ultimately I may part with one ..not sure yet. Anyway congrats and good luck with the euc wait. (at least thats where I am at) , Dozer

I just didn't tell my gf about it until it was paid for and on it's way to Texas. She was kind of shocked and then after she saw the kind of attention it gets when we drive it in downtown Fort Worth at night; she figured out that it's way cool.

I let her drive it once in the snow. That seemed to help too.

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. My two cents...2cents
:beer:

M35A2

Glad you have got the truck. I've also wanted a M35 for years and years, but ended up buying a Bedford MJ 4x4 with an electronic repair workshop body straight out of service. In fact my GF actually bought it and I've yet to pay her back ($9,678.25 at todays rate).

I'm now looking for a deuce even though I haven't got anywhere to keep it. I might have to sell the Bedford though, and then get another deuce!! I want an M35A2 cargo w/w and an M109A3 w/w!!

Preacherboy

Well, my EUC cleared and I picked up my truck last week. I had to start it with a slave cable, and the lights didn't work. Just picked up up batteries today and everything works great!

I also started working on putting a dynomax bullet style muffler on.

Here are some pictures of my journey through the mountains.

Attachments

OutsideFamily

Preacherboy - great thread. I'm in the process of starting the convincing of the wife, to get a deuce. Ironic that you and Haggar both just got yours in the last year, and are also in SE Michigan. I've wanted a deuce since I drove one owned by a college professor in WV.

I first mentioned that I wanted to get one to my wife when we saw them in a parade in Milford. As it drove by, I said I'd have to get one of those some day. She just gave me the eye-roll and said "Okay..." Sounds like permission to me!

Haggar - read about yours on GL4x4, came here to learn more! I've been reading about the process to get one from GL... seems like a pain, but I like the idea of getting one as the "origonal owner". I might start with buying a trailer, an M101A2 would go well behind my pickup for camping/utility.

Are you guys out and about with yours often? I'd like to get my family up-close to one sometime.

Haggar

Preacherboy - great thread. I'm in the process of starting the convincing of the wife, to get a deuce. Ironic that you and Haggar both just got yours in the last year, and are also in SE Michigan. I've wanted a deuce since I drove one owned by a college professor in WV.

I first mentioned that I wanted to get one to my wife when we saw them in a parade in Milford. As it drove by, I said I'd have to get one of those some day. She just gave me the eye-roll and said "Okay..." Sounds like permission to me!

Haggar - read about yours on GL4x4, came here to learn more! I've been reading about the process to get one from GL... seems like a pain, but I like the idea of getting one as the "origonal owner". I might start with buying a trailer, an M101A2 would go well behind my pickup for camping/utility.

Are you guys out and about with yours often? I'd like to get my family up-close to one sometime.

I drive mine to work occasionally, in Auburn Hills, to club meetings in the metro area, to Home Depot for lumber runs, etc. We were in the Waterford Memorial Day Parade this year as well.

I really enjoy driving it on sunny days, with the top off and the windshield glass folded out.....

If you ever wanted to come by and look at mine (I'm in Oxford), you'd be welcome to. Best way to find me is to PM me over on GL4x4...

cheers,
Jason

Preacherboy

Do you still have any guns for sale? I may interested.

None for sale, I had to sell like 12 or something.

I am not out and about yet in the truck as I am waiting on the title from GL and a license plate...also waiting to get my super single tires on it. There are several guys from around the area that have these. There is an event in Flint in August called "Back to the Bricks" that will have several of these trucks cruising around.

In the Fenton parade there was something like 3-4 of these trucks just last week, search around here I've met several of the guys that have these trucks.

A little update, a man from church told me having one parked in the driveway "sent out the wrong message" I asked him why and he said, "I just don't like it, it sends off the wrong message."

A few months ago he purchased a new Ford truck with 20" wheels and a funky paintjob so I am going to tell him that driving that truck around "sends off the wrong message." I guess some other people around town have been complaining as well, at least that is what I heard from someone who goes to the coffee shop. I just wish the complainers would come talk to me face to face about it. All them old complainers all have hot-rods that they have $1000's invested in and I have a truck with under $5000 invested. People are amazing sometimes.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool thread, Congrats on your new Deuce purchase.

For a inspiring Deuce owner what is a realistic price range for a working but needs some fixing up Deuce? Im not all that good at trying to bid on items I would rather just go to someone that has one for sale and look at it.

Preacherboy

Cool thread, Congrats on your new Deuce purchase.

For a inspiring Deuce owner what is a realistic price range for a working but needs some fixing up Deuce? Im not all that good at trying to bid on items I would rather just go to someone that has one for sale and look at it.

If you live near a place that has deuces it is easy to get one from GL and much cheaper (hopefully) than a private sale. If you go the GL way a deuce with winch will run anywhere from $2000-$3000 and one without from $1000-2000, unless you want an a3. Private sales the prices are all over the place, but pretty much a $1000 or more premium over the auction prices. Many are listed in the classifieds on this website anywhere from $2500-8500. You should be able to get one with a winch for around $4000 pretty easy.

Haggar

Yeah, I'm in around $4000 or so on mine,(1971 air shift winch truck) everything works well, newer soft top & rear cargo cover. I've got around 1000 miles on mine, without needing a lick of maintenence. I've done two winch recoveries so far as well(LOL, one was a friends tow truck that got stuck doing a recovery...)

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that info guy's.

As far as the GL sight were you got yours Preacherboy did you have to pay a fee to be able to get your truck after the auction? I have heard several different stories about the GL sight.

Haggar, I never thought about the winch part as far as being able to do recovery's were we live guys are always going muding around hear maybe this would give me away to make a little money with it. Now I have a answer for my wife when she asked me " What would we do with a deuce other than it sitting in the yard"rofl

Preacherboy

The GL auction service has lots of bad things that can happen, but the only fees that you will pay are a 10% auction fee (10% of the sale price) and then like $60 or something for an SF97 which is what you will need to get a title. You also might have to pay state sales tax, but you'd have to do that anyway even with a private sale.

Warning though, do not purchase through a private sale if they never did acquire a title! You will have a big hassle if you do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks