• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

List your reason behind your MV

The green monster got me for...

• Parades

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hunting, Trails and 4x4

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • BOV/ EMP proof

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Work/BOV/Parades/Coolness factor/ Multi-Fuel appeal.

Votes: 109 83.2%

• Total voters

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deuce reminds me of the times when I still liked being in the military.

There's all the other stuff too like the coolness factor, but the nostalgia's the main reason.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I originally got my first truck (M35A2C) for getting my boat and rv down in the deep sand to the lake. After that it just became an addiction and now I try and buy anyhting I can afford at the time.

ClintA

I got a duece to haul lots of wood at one time and or fence post on the ranch. I got a M818 to haul the dozer from one end of the ranch to the other to save on the dozer, and to haul cattle on a straight deck trailer with racks. I will get a wrecker one of these days to pull water wells and load fence post's on the duece among other heavy things that need a good lifting. I really like how the MV's are built and LOVE the multi fuel. We have lots and lots of used oil.

I ever since I was a kid wanted a 6x6 truck, I had one made out of plastic when I was 7 years old, and I took it everywhere with me. Now that I am grown up I have 5 Deuces and 8 other military vehicles including one aircraft. I started with a simple last survivor experimental XM211 excavator and my reasons for collecting these vehicles is more of preserving history. I am trying to save some of the unique military trucks from disappearing from history. Plus they are just too damm cool looking when I drivem them down the road.

ramcatdoc

I originally bought my CUCV M1009 for BOV/EMP and fuel options. Ok, so it's ready for that. But in the mean time it's just plain cool.

I am a professional in a small Southern city. My colleagues drive BMWs and other little expensive cars. I probably paid less for my CUCV than they pay to change their oil!

How cool is it to drive to work with a loud, smelly, big CUCV with a long whip antenna on each side and park next to my co-worker's BMW 3 series? Or the Prius, whose carbon credits I eat for lunch every time I start my tru-u-u-uck?

Just gives me a sense of satisfaction somehow! :twisted:

ratat98

Someone once asked me simply "why??" and I told them "how often do you get to drive a museum piece to work that can go anywhere, scare everyone doing it, and still look awesome when it's done?" ...they didn't have much to say after that...

m816

I own the Guntruck Untouchable. To me it is a piece of history.It honors men who went into harms way to safeguard the lives of other truckers. I bought a wrecker because I operated one when I was in the Army. I bought a deuce because it was my first MV and it was cool to have in the driveway and gave me something to drool over, I got the M151a2 cause it is the fastest MV I have ever driven. The next two five tons are for restoration and my personal physcial therapy and for mental well being. I have a water buffalo for a water supply at the farm. But mostly because green things make you the coolest guy in town. There doesn't really need to be another reason. This disease has no cure other than to make you spend all your m oney on more green things.2cents

SMOKEWAGON66

Believe or not, TO KEEP MY SANITIY , or , get back to you later.
raeme.aua:?::deadhorse::shock:
This is actually one of the reasons I bought mine. Ive found that having familiar things around related to better times of life is quite comforting. Hence the Deuce, the AR-15's etc etc. There are other reasons, because I could, Its cool, I was a truck driver in the Army and this was one of the first trucks I started out in so its always had a special place. Also its different then the "norm" of today and it gets a lot of looks.

:beer:

sharkhunter2018

I need a reason to have one?

They are just cool, really no other reason than that. Neither of my two Deuces are currently on the road yet, but they get used fairly often around the farm.

At first, I didn't know what I would do with one...but i quickly found that you find things to do with them.

ryan77

Because i cant refuse good junk! Because i have a mental condition that causes me to buy and sell green colored junk!!:shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks