• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana Rally '11

What design should be on the LA Rally '11 T-shirts?

• Connie driving MV w/ LA theme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Connie parachuting to LA Rally

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Postcard w/ Connie on Deuce hood

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

littlebob

30th is good for me...... will probably be me plus one. what do you have in mind for the rally. Whats the weather usually like in La that time of year?
Can't speak for what they have planned, but the weather can go either way down here. Sometimes we're wearing shorts and t-shirts by then and sometimes
we need a little more. Shouldn't be an extreme either way.

cool.....figured about the rain, thats normal here also. Im not as concerned just wondering its "normally" still wet and cold then here
Yep, sometimes in the spring, the weather will be perfect, but occasionally showers can develop, it's a bit unpredictable, so I always keep a poncho and my LaCrosse boots handy.

Temp won't be a problem, most likely.

LC

lady_green

Thanks everyone for voting on the best weekend!
@Mr. Jim: hahahahaha! Anyone older than me is considered that. I'd rather b a polite, respectful Southern girl than a disrespectful brat. Take it as a compliment?
@Littlebob: Everyone is very welcome. It's really no problem. I like helping everyone! But thank you for that. It makes all my work worth it in the end!
@Davidkroberts; Last year we held the rally in March. The weekend we chose rained everyday! It was terribl. We thought by holding back a month would help so much on the rain. I would say, personally, be prepared either way! It shouldn't be "freezing cold" around that time so a light jacket or long-sleeved shirt would be good. It might be warmer so short-sleeved shirts might be in order. I will try to post the weather forecasts as we get closer to the date. That way everyone has an idea of what to wear.

3dAngus

Thought all well brought up kids from small towns in the South used the "Mr." firstname. I know mine did, as did all their friends.

"Mr." Lastname is for people that are not friends or family.

Gets kinda funny when they grow up and are 30 and still doing the same thing. At that point, they don't feel right calling "firstname" but calling "Mr." Lastname is unfriendly.

Only in the South. God Bless America and all it's diversity.

lady_green

@LongueCarabine: I lived in Lafayette. I know crazy cajuns! They spice things up! Lol

Remember guys, suggestions are open. If you would like to see anything, let us know. We are always open to new ideas.

@3dAngus: Around here, people are like that. Well, I'm not in my 30s but yeah, southern social habits is sometimes crazy. But whatever works.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is a duck just around the corner.. i am hoping that he can bring it this year. we are getting very excited about the rally. the more planning that we do the better it will be..

there is a duck just around the corner.. i am hoping that he can bring it this year. we are getting very excited about the rally. the more planning that we do the better it will be..
Man, I wish Camp Beauregard would let go of the ones they have sitting. There are two of them behind a fenced in area (not the DRMO area).

Looks like they've been sitting there for years.

There's also the hulk of a Pershing tank in there.

LC

3dAngus

I love looking at those threads LongueCarabine. It's always interesting to see the comradery of people helping each other out, moving each others goods, seeing what they have to sell or trade, and who needs what to buy.

Why don't you do the Louisiana community a favor and start a new thread for it. It's a great suggestion, and the sooner the better so people can start their logistics planning.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes we have a super swap going on that weekend.. dont forget a wrecker is available to load up big stuff.. and your welcome to leave anything for someone coming later on to pick up.. plenty of room here:mrgreen:

lady_green

Hey guys, listen up! First up, I'm sorry for the inactivity.
It is exciting news time. The official date for the rally has been set! Thanks to everyone for voting. I know it's already obvious but..
IT'S GOING TO BE APRIL 29, 30 & MAY 1!!

Now that the dates have been set, I'm going to be doing t-shirt designs in my free time.

Lastly, I just wanna tell everyone if you need anything from me as the date gets closer, PLEASE email me! My email addy is jessica.settoon@selu.edu & please don't spam me (hahaha).
For those that don't personally know me, this is why I ask that. I'm a senior in college. I'm working my butt off to graduate very soon. I don't know how much I'm gonna be able to check here for info. By email, I can get back to you in a more timely manner. :) Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks