• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana Rally '11

What design should be on the LA Rally '11 T-shirts?

• Connie driving MV w/ LA theme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Connie parachuting to LA Rally

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Postcard w/ Connie on Deuce hood

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3dAngus

Have you started the thread yet. I love seeing guys swap, sell, and trade.

Just wanted to know. Did a search and didn't see it. I used "Louisiana" in the search key.

WeBeJeepin

Tony at Camp Shelby called me last week and told me about the rally, but unfortunately I have a very important skeet shoot/crawfish boil to attend that weekend. I really hate to miss out on an event this close to home! I know it will be a great time and I will certainly plan to be there next year. - John L

REGGIE40

Hey new to this site. I am in louisiana and would love to attend the ralley. Should have my deuce done by then! Can someone tell me where the ralley is? I know the dates, just not the location. If anyone can help with that information plz pm. Thanks reggie

Hey new to this site. I am in louisiana and would love to attend the ralley. Should have my deuce done by then! Can someone tell me where the ralley is? I know the dates, just not the location. If anyone can help with that information plz pm. Thanks reggie
Hey Reggie (and other Acadiana SS members):

Maybe we can all meet up somewhere around Lafayette and form a convoy to head on over. For me it's a 20 mile ride to Opelousas on the back roads and then down I-49 to Lafayette.

I am sure some of the members here can show us the way. If we can't all be there at the same time, I am sure with directions I can find it. I am familiar with that part of the state, I worked in Bogalusa for 5 years and passed by the Hammond / Ponchatoula area about 3 out of every 4 weekends back then. Heck, I even know where Pumpkin Center is!!!

Shouldn't be too hard to find. I can bring my towbar in case anyone has trouble. With my luck that'll be me!

Anyone know how difficult it is to go up the I-10 bridge in a Deuce? Should be pretty easy going once we get past Denham Springs on I-12.

LC

lady_green

Wow everyone! How exciting.. I hadn't been near the computer! I had a lot to catch up on lol

@donagus and @ csm davis: oh neato!! it will be so cool to have some birthday shout outs at the rally. =D

@ WeBeJeepin: I'm so sorry to hear you can't join us! :( There is always next year tho!

@reggie40: It's in Ponchatoula. I will give an exact dates and directions closer to the date.

@longuecarabine: We put up giant posters in two spots to help everyone out. I can also make a map and directions too and send that to everyone. My dad should be able to answer the other questions you have.

lady_green

Some new announcements to add:
-First, please be patient and bear with me a little longer. This is my last semester of college so I'm running around like crazy doing everything. Just FYI.
-So, the rough sketches for the shirts will (hopefully) be added by next week. That way everyone can decide if they want a shirt or not. Along with it, I will be posting what information I need for shirts next week.
-Remember suggestions are welcome!
-If you want in on the MAILING LIST, email me your address and tell me you want to be added. I will send out an email to everyone on it with upcoming stuff. So if you check your email more than steel soldiers, this might be a good idea! My email is jessica.settoon@selu.edu
-If you want to bring food, start thinking about what would be good and throw some ideas out there! In March, I will begin compiling a "food list" so everyone can be organized.
-Any questions, please email or pm here - just remember, I don't have the ability to check here as often so email is best.

Thanks guys! Have a good week. :)

Crawdaddy

Thanks Lady Green. I'm looking forward to coming, though I honestly don't know what's going to happen at the rally or what's expected of me. Forgive me if I seem dense, I'm just not usually the party/get together type.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOOO HOOOOO I'M IN!!!!!!

When they are ready, put me down for 3 shirts. 1 XL, 1 L and one medium!

This year AJ won't be making it as she is going to stay home with the new baby. HOWEVER, I will be bringing my son T-bug. He is as excited as I am too!

If my current schedule stays the same, I will be in my time back in the states for the rally. Being out of country is the ONLY thing that will keep me from coming.

As far as directions go, just remember, if you are coming from the west and you're reeaalll close and you see a gas station on your right, you went too far. (That is my landmark. BOTH times I came down I had to turn around there! I just consider it part of the trip now....)

Also, haven't read all the posts, but is Frodo coming with his priceline.com special or is he gonna have his camper ready?

lady_green

@crawdaddy: that's ok! It's not mandatory to bring anything. It's strictly on a volunteer basis. That way the costs are split & we food variety.

@kendelrio: Congrats on the new baby! I know I'm late lol I completely understand her not making it! There is always next year. Tell Aj I will miss her @ the rally! How are things overseas?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its is easy to find.. my address is 41085 holland road ponchatoula la... by taking the hammond airport exit then head south... go thru the 4way stop and on to the red light.. that is hwy 22.. turn left.. there will be a sign up there also... go past one caution light and then its the next blacktop road on the left.. another bright orange sign... its a dead end and im down on the left 1/2 mile.. but you will NOT be able to miss all the trucks in the yard... i have the neighbor right next door that has a large driveway that 18wheelers unload garage doors ready for our use.. its a safe spot and you can see it from the pond... what is expected.... loads of fun. we have a soldier lady singing the anthem right before lunch on sat.. 100 that is the only thing set .. 3 guys have told me they are setting up mil. gun displays.. you can bring a ten.. camper.. sleep in your truck or trailer or i have some covered trailers that you can call your temp home.. some do come on thursday afternoon.. more on friday with the main day a sat. some leave sat and the rest leave sunday.. if you elect i have some available and all i ask is pitch in on the collection jar for it and paying for the porta pots that i rent each year.. other wise its walk around. chat .. swap stories by the fan. fire. or in the m750 with air conditioning.. just be yourseft and enjoy the best peolpe in the world [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

jetmech1983

well i sold my deuce to the owner of redjacket firearms in BR so guess im not part of the cool club anymore , But she went to a good home plus she will be a movie star , just tune into the dicovery channel and watch sons of guns me and her make a apperence for a part of the show.
Yep she showed up last night. I was hoping they werent going to hurt it. Was a sweet truck though.

CajunM35A2

We plan to be there!

We plan to be there! The truck was in the paint shop during the 2010 event. Once we got it back, we started the long road of fuel injector pump/fuel injectors/head gaskets.....

IF all goes well, we will try to crank it again by next weekend.

If all goes really well, we will have the cab reinforcement plate and gun ring installed by the event....and I will be able to display it with the 50 in the cradle.

In the things that I can bring with me column, I have an extra M66 ring that I may be willing to part with - or trade! That is the ring and a poor set of legs. I do not have a complete extra set. I may have an extra cradle too.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
glad you are going to get it up and running soon. that will be a sweet looking truck .. cant wait to see it at the rally

H

Hank.

Well, it's a go. I pick up my deuce from Georgia this weekend. I should be able to make it on Saturday!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
In the things that I can bring with me column, I have an extra M66 ring that I may be willing to part with - or trade! That is the ring and a poor set of legs. I do not have a complete extra set. I may have an extra cradle too.
I have an extra set of legs for a ringmount......if I can make it to the rally I will bring them with me.

chupa

Item I need for my M1028: Mars 24v siren. I'll be at the Ponchatoula, La. rally. I hope I posted this thread in the correct location. Don't want the forum gestapo jumping my case.

Last edited: