• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana Rally '11

What design should be on the LA Rally '11 T-shirts?

• Connie driving MV w/ LA theme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Connie parachuting to LA Rally

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Postcard w/ Connie on Deuce hood

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alas, I am at sea until sometime in May...... All, please raise one for me and know I am there in spirit and I promise to have a grumpy attitude the entire weekend...... However, I will be spending the time with a couple of these guys.....

Attachments

frodobaggins

Well after adjusting my brakes, I can now stop properly. So looks like I will make it in a MV :)

Of course now the blinkers don't work. Hopefully the blinker control in my other deuce works so I can swap it out.

Things I need for the rally if anybody has them post up or pm with a price.
4 brake pads for a deuce, need to do whole front axle.
1 left hand thread INNER lug nut.
Maybe a blinker box :)
Some standard deuce tubes.
7 tubes for 395s, and flaps.
1 bow corner.

I probably need more stuff, it's late and I'm tired.

I have some big ammo boxes to trade or sell, the brown ones for mortars.

Night :)

colelkhunter

i have a bow corner i can bring.... you can have it i dont sell to members with little stuff.

Im coming fo sure bringing one more and a 4 year old little boy. drivig my 1031. what do we need to bring or what is needed. planning on tent camping.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are planing a super rally. i am off all week and ms Pam is making me work for my food so to speak. some are coming on thur and more on friday. so come and make a good weekend. kids will have a blast and are welcome.. they wont be alone. so far on the food.. hamburgers, hot dogs, all the buns,, fixings(except tomatoes) chips . drinks, ... so that leaves some vetties,, potato salad. french fries, and no one as mentioned deserts at all. a very large BBQ grill on a trailer will be used and of course ms pam kitchen.. ice is being brought around friday evening and the drinks will be in the m750 semi that is air conditioned.. plenty of room for camping around the pond... dont forget to bring chairs and maybe some insect replelent. i will have the ticki torches going in the eveings too. :drool: :drool: :drool:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lets show the address and phone numbers again.. 985 386 0540 is home number.. 41085 holland road Ponchatoula la 70454 is address.. we are not far off the interstate and signs will be up from the exit at hammond airport :beer:

davidkroberts

i think we will leave west tennessee on thursday morning and its about a 7 hour drive so i guess we will be around about dinner. we are kinda expecting to make a walmart run for all the leftover stuff that will still be needed. This is going to be awesome. This is much more fun than watching the floodwater get closer and closer to the house.

frodobaggins

Alternator swapped, it works.
Blinker box swapped, they work.
Now just gotta fix the blinker handle, it fell off the column.
Might fix the wipers.

I hope I have time to cook the beans... :)

davidkroberts

well coelkhunter did the "boo hoo my wife might miss me" thing....... sissy :mrgreen:

my son and i are still going but will have to leave friday morning due to unrelated silliness at the house. having to help someone move. Im coming down in the m1009 but i probably wont be wheeling it so we will have to jump in with others if thats okay.

I have the m35a2 bow corner and will be bringing it with me. we should be arriving around 3 oclock ish and im coming straight down the I-55 from memphis. If anyone along or close to the route has problems call me at 731-234-5135

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone please be kind to me and take photos post updates for me...... I'm DYIN out here! I'm gonna miss Frodos beans???? :shock:

Also Tim, I'll be down after the 11th to pick up my shirts. I'll bring Travis with me; he gets a kick outta the trip....

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm stuck at work (my last day), till about 1130; then I'm headed north to Ponchatoula![thumbzup]

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back

Just got back from dropping a truck off.
Things are already looking good Tim. Gonna be a bigger one this year.
Glad you wife stopped me from driving through the front yard.
Sewer lines...who would've thunk it. :doh:
See you in the morning!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks