• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisville Ky bound!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like I will be headed to Ky to help Joe take a truck apart. You have all been put on notice that I may need help if my truck breaks down this weekend. If anyone is in the area and wants to help wrench, or just laugh and point fingers, we could use some company.

Joe, I am bringing wrench sets, socket sets, and come-alongs. Do you plan on un-bolting the bed or cutting the bolts?

CycleJay

Ky bound??
Sounds so kinky I do not want to even imagine anything further.. LOL

I do have a suggestion, Gimpy..

Do NOT do anything I would not do.. LOL

JCKnife

Joe, I am bringing wrench sets, socket sets, and come-alongs. Do you plan on un-bolting the bed or cutting the bolts?
Re the bed bolts, it really doesn't matter to me. I will have a small angle grinder with a cutting wheel here. I don't have a torch. I will also bring hand tools and breaker bars, chains, jacks, etc.

Hey I don't mind the KY bound jokes but let's leave the KY jelly out of it. I tried that stuff with peanut butter and it's nasty!

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re the bed bolts, it really doesn't matter to me. I will have a small angle grinder with a cutting wheel here. I don't have a torch. I will also bring hand tools and breaker bars, chains, jacks, etc.

Hey I don't mind the KY bound jokes but let's leave the KY jelly out of it. I tried that stuff with peanut butter and it's nasty!
But it goes so well with a pair of banjo's .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Do you have electric available where we will be? If not I can bring an inverter. Can you PM the address?

Last edited:

JCKnife

Yep, electricity is readily available. You are also welcome to the remaining contents of the fuel tank (maybe 3-5 gallons left?)

davey8943

Joe,

I still owe you some cash for the steps / windshields.

Since Gimpy will be pulling the X-case, this may be a good chance for me to grab the passenger step...

What timing were you guys thinking? I have a commitment Saturday evening, but could swing by Saturday morning or Sunday to lend a hand.

Of course there may be a frosty beverage or two involved..... ;)

Dave

JCKnife

Joe,

Since Gimpy will be pulling the X-case, this may be a good chance for me to grab the passenger step...

What timing were you guys thinking? I have a commitment Saturday evening, but could swing by Saturday morning or Sunday to lend a hand.

Dave
I think we are probably looking at a Saturday and Sunday timetable, but hard to be sure.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I hate to tell you this but ky jelly is NOT a sandwich spread, It has a totally different use and application method.

EDIT--- I was ASSUMING you were talking about a sandwich, but if the peanut butter was some where else,

Last edited:

JCKnife

Joe,

Dave
Dave come on down, it sounds like we'll be working on the truck from late morning on Saturday until whenever done probably Sunday!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your truck breaks down on the way back call me. I'll tow you back with my Dodge.

;-)

wascomatw74

pm me a location .i think you are close to me . be by if i don't have to work. doesn't gimpyrobb turn them on their side to do these type of things ? have a good safe trip gimpyrobb

Last edited: