• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisville Ky bound!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't get enough "deuce disassembly" this weekend you can come on down to TN the next and work on my tanker. ;-)

I've already pulled front and one rear axle. Got to pull the fenders, hood, and hardtop for a member this weekend. Oh, I almost forgot, somebody also wants me to pull the IP and send to them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you don't get enough "deuce disassembly" this weekend you can come on down to TN the next and work on my tanker. ;-)

I've already pulled front and one rear axle. Got to pull the fenders, hood, and hardtop for a member this weekend. Oh, I almost forgot, somebody also wants me to pull the IP and send to them.
Pretty sure we are having a meet and greet out at Kip's next weekend. Might include IGD, Westy, and a few others.

Last edited:

lstmate

Gimpy remeber a true kentuckian will stop working to watch the UK game.... You might want to plan lunch around that time...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Boy that was quick. Ok, so does this mean you'll be stripping your truck on site now?

I'm heading out to do a bed job in 10 minutes.

But if you get things worked out, I could use a nice solid cab.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It should be interesting to see if I can pop on a drain plug, put oil in her, and have it start back up. She made some noises I've neved heard before!:whistle:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like.someone to explain to me how Gimpster loses a drain plug on a deuce. It was either left loose or sabotage and most folks don't have wrenches that big. Wow! Let me know if you need anything Gimpy.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He just did an oil change yesterday. He said he was certain he tightened his plugs.

I wonder if the seal ring fell off, or split, allowing it to loosen?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, makes me want to install a 15psi hobbs switch and tap it into a light and that irritating low are buzzer and pipe in into the oil system. I've ruined more that one engine due to lack of oil.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a great idea.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking, the plug head could be drilled for a saftey wire. Then, maybe just tack weld a small(1/4-20) nut on edge near the drain holes, to wire to.

Or, instead of drilling the plug, just tack weld a nut on it too, then just use a tye wrap? This could be done in 5 min.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got a call from Gimpy.

He's back on the road, runnining OK. The base sounds good, but the turbo may be done. EGTs were up.

Headed to JCKnifes.