• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 RVs? Who has one?

billystuart

I'm in the process of building one. Today it is having a hard top installed with a roof mounted A/C. I have a free standing shower, rv style toilet, bunk beds, frig, water heater and a coleman 3000 generator. I plan to drive it on the ALCAN 12 convoy next year. I don't have any pictures yet, but will take some as soon as I start putting it all together. Oh, the box isn't very well insulated so I removed the walls and replaced the insulation.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quickfarms,

If you want a 20 ft long RV, then the M-814 will be your vehicle of choice, since it already has a 20 ft bed. You also need to look for a 20 ft long "rigid wall container' on GL as it will already be insulated and weigh less than a shipping container.2cents

Blind Driver

I am using the vehicle in my avitar

a 20 foot iso container or shelter will drop onto the bed and all I have to do is spin the locks to secure it.
I like the idea of a 20' box on a M814. Unfortunately, the 3 for sale in Indy today didn't get to see me check them out. They looked a bit rusty.

But, I'd like to make the box removable. 4 hydo arms that would lift and deposit the can on the ground. Or maybe a bed similiar to a rollback.

cpotato2001

i am currently in progress to making my M109a3 into a camper, though im going for simple and not quite as extensive as some pics iv seen, iv got couches and a mini fridge, and oil lanterns... as for the mini fridge i just buy dry ice to put in the built in freezer when i go on a trip, and making a counter top for single burner to cook up some fish...
will post pics soon......

cpotato2001

i am currently in progress to making my M109a3 into a camper, though im going for simple and not quite as extensive as some pics iv seen, iv got couches and a mini fridge, and oil lanterns... as for the mini fridge i just buy dry ice to put in the built in freezer when i go on a trip, and making a counter top for single burner to cook up some fish...
will post pics soon......
SO heres a couple pics... dont have alot of money for it,,, and its a work in progress but generally keepin it simple

Attachments