• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 RVs? Who has one?

billystuart

I'm in the process of building one. Today it is having a hard top installed with a roof mounted A/C. I have a free standing shower, rv style toilet, bunk beds, frig, water heater and a coleman 3000 generator. I plan to drive it on the ALCAN 12 convoy next year. I don't have any pictures yet, but will take some as soon as I start putting it all together. Oh, the box isn't very well insulated so I removed the walls and replaced the insulation.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quickfarms,

If you want a 20 ft long RV, then the M-814 will be your vehicle of choice, since it already has a 20 ft bed. You also need to look for a 20 ft long "rigid wall container' on GL as it will already be insulated and weigh less than a shipping container.2cents

Blind Driver

I am using the vehicle in my avitar

a 20 foot iso container or shelter will drop onto the bed and all I have to do is spin the locks to secure it.
I like the idea of a 20' box on a M814. Unfortunately, the 3 for sale in Indy today didn't get to see me check them out. They looked a bit rusty.

But, I'd like to make the box removable. 4 hydo arms that would lift and deposit the can on the ground. Or maybe a bed similiar to a rollback.

cpotato2001

i am currently in progress to making my M109a3 into a camper, though im going for simple and not quite as extensive as some pics iv seen, iv got couches and a mini fridge, and oil lanterns... as for the mini fridge i just buy dry ice to put in the built in freezer when i go on a trip, and making a counter top for single burner to cook up some fish...
will post pics soon......

cpotato2001

i am currently in progress to making my M109a3 into a camper, though im going for simple and not quite as extensive as some pics iv seen, iv got couches and a mini fridge, and oil lanterns... as for the mini fridge i just buy dry ice to put in the built in freezer when i go on a trip, and making a counter top for single burner to cook up some fish...
will post pics soon......
SO heres a couple pics... dont have alot of money for it,,, and its a work in progress but generally keepin it simple

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks