• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Insurance.. Got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I LOVE USAA...

Took me all of 2 minutes to insure my deuce thru them! And most of that time was them verifying that they were really talking to me and not my evil twin brother... :)

I LOVE USAA. They are the best!

Barrman

I'm glad to hear that. I have the rest of my stuff through them and have been wondering how they will react when I call about my Gasser once it is closer to road worthy.

SierraHotel

I love USAA as well, but when I talked to them about insuring my Deuce, they said they did not do it. They connected me with another company that would, but they wanted it garaged. Maybe its Virginia...

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if I should give USAA the "opportunity to compete" if they are cheap enough. Gulfway is inexpensive for the non-garaged deuce but they ding me alot for the silly M105 trailer which I hardly ever use and which by all rights should be insured under the truck liability.

Gatnom

I've had all my vehicles insured with USAA for over 20 years, but they would not touch the duece no matter who I talked to. I got the third party insurer thing as well,(comercial insurance and an outragous price!), Insuring with Gulfway was a breeze. That was all a few years ago now! Dave

jeli

I had USAA quote everything I insure. Vehicles were competitive but they where obsecene on house insurance. They valued my house way over what was resonable and wouldn't allow a lower value to be insured. I'm talking $80K+.

That reminds me I need to talk to my agent. If I strike out I'll have to see if USAA insures deuces in MN.

What type of coverage are you guys getting? I spoke to my agent. He can get me a good rate if it's only to and from shows but not dailey driving much less hauling. If I want to use it he thinking $1000 for a commerical policy.

pa.rich

Nationwide in Pa. Commercial policy and can use it for loads and work , non garaged, $650.00
Gulfway historic type with no garage, $195.00
Gulfway with garage, $124.00
Some of the companies I phoned couldnt insure in some states. Its different from state to state. My wife works for an insurance co and they dont do this type of vehicle.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have found a deuce I want and I called American Collectors Insurance out of New Jersey, the same company I have my 70 Duster insured with, to get a quote.
I was quoted a full coverage policy for $50.00 a year. The truck does have to be in a gagage (I have one for it) and there is a milage restriction on it. It will have Ala Antique plates on it. I have to send them pics of the truck and garage.
They are affillitad with USAA. I have my auto insurance with USAA.
Just my 2cents.

unstopable

I have my deuce insurance through Hagerty collector car and boat insurance. They just wanted some pictures of the vehicle prior to quoting me. They are only charging me $153.00 per year!!!!!!!!!!!!!and that is with full comp.

hole

Insurance people are fickle. Hagerty just told me no. Auto Club said yes until they found out I had a couple of tickets. Hoping State Farm can help.

XJChief

Ditto on USAA. They insure my regular daily drivers and my M715 is insured through their partnership with American Collector but they refused to touch the deuce. They said their limit was 10k lbs. Do they know how much it weighs? I'd hate to make a claim and have them find out then... Also, I paid 242.00 for a year with Gulfway. Not as cheap as the M715 at 72 bucks but no garage requirement and no mileage restriction (other than the price of fuel :lol: )

Just don't want to see you end up in a jam if you have an accident.

Tomtsled

I insured my deuce today with Geico. Told the agent I plan on using the truck for going to the dump, getting firewood, etc. Basic 100k-300k, no limit on mileage. $ 127 for 6 months with deduction for government employee and defensive driver discount.

bottleworks

Tomtsled said:
I insured my deuce today with Geico.
Did they know the empty weight? They were working with me (somewhat uneasy tho), until they asked me about the curb weight. Geico said they won't insure anything weighing over 10k.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i have hagerty for the 819, the cost went down from 108 to 100 a year

panzerbob

I had my m35 insured with USAA, explained to my agent exactly what I had, and what I wanted, just liability no comp or collision. I was told, no problem,had coverage bound. Today, 1 month following I looked at my policy, and lo and behold the m35 was no longer on there. I called USAA, and they had canceled my policy the day after binding, with no notification to me. All of you with your insurance with USAA check your policy and make shure you are still insured!!!

:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks