• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 weight ?

helomech

I was at the DMV today trying to get a Class A or B license. The lady behind the counter said she and the police (If I get stopped) will go by the GVWR that is listed on the plate. I can't fine a plate on my truck. I know what the TM's say the weight is so please don't say go to the TM. Is there a plate on the truck, and if so where is it. She also said that I can not get my Class A license unless I have a trailer over 10K lbs to use for the test. So I guess I will just be getting my Class B.

Alexsha

Plate should be on the passenger dash. I have an m923a2 and I think it's 21000 or 22000.

Got off my lazy butt: 21550

IMG_20140711_201600.jpg

Last edited:

helomech

Mine does not have one. It has the tag with all the fluids, and a bunch of stickers. The lady at DMV told me that if that plate says less than 26000 lbs I don't need anything other than my Class C license. Sounded like she would not even allow me to take the class B test in it if it does not weigh more than 26000 lbs.

helomech

It is missing. I see the spot is was now that yall gave me a idea where to look. It is just under the grab bar, there are 4 screws there, but no metal tag showing dimensions or weight.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GVWR is Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, truck plus payload. 31550, you are in class B territory with a 5 ton.

helomech

Thanks guys. So it is 31500. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy one of these tags? I have been searching on line with no luck at all so far.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at the DMV today trying to get a Class A or B license. The lady behind the counter said she and the police (If I get stopped) will go by the GVWR that is listed on the plate. I can't fine a plate on my truck. I know what the TM's say the weight is so please don't say go to the TM. Is there a plate on the truck, and if so where is it. She also said that I can not get my Class A license unless I have a trailer over 10K lbs to use for the test. So I guess I will just be getting my Class B.

All you need to know is indeed in the TM(-10, basic operators manual).

You could have seen where your missing data tag goes, and what it says on it.

Attachments

1954 COE

I just went thru the same exercise with my DMV. I don't need a Class B for the 5 ton Cargos, because they do not exceed 26001 lbs, but do need a Class B
for my M936 wrecker because of it 36000 lbs.
Good Luck

helomech

I still don't know how you find that stuff that fast. I can search for hours. I am used to manuals, I am a helicopter mechanic, but these electronic ones just kick my butt. Our electronic manuals for the aircraft are much easier to use. I want a paper copy bad.

helomech

I just went thru the same exercise with my DMV. I don't need a Class B for the 5 ton Cargos, because they do not exceed 26001 lbs, but do need a Class B
for my M936 wrecker because of it 36000 lbs.
Good Luck
Thanks, I am going to try to get my Class B. This lady seems to know what she is talking about, she gave me the book to study to take it. Just not sure what she is going to say when I have no tag to show her. I guess I will just print out a copy of the Tm posted above.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well ....the plate says it has a GVWR for the truck is 31550 also 15000 pounds for a trailer that's 46550 pounds soo if you where using this commercially you'd need a Class A ( In some states) any Dot cop if you get stopped would see that...

but if your not using this commercially just get a Non com class A . Like I have..... and also no need for a medical card :)

Last edited: